|Account Center Update|
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 24, 2018 at 8:01 PM CDT
Originally posted May 24, 2018 by Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong on the UO Herald:
The Account Center will be receiving an update next Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 that makes some changes to the center’s authentication flow.
These changes are being made to improve general account security and user privacy by more directly using EA’s robust account authentication system. In addition to improving the Account Center’s security and users’ privacy, this update also enables us to provide additional future updates and much-requested features to the Account Center such as game account un-linking, account-based character and server lists, and more!
Once the update is live, the following changes will take effect:
- When logging into the Account Center, users will be redirected to EA’s website briefly and asked to login there.
- Once successful, users will automatically be redirected back to the Account Center.
- All account creation or account-linking services will now occur after a user logs into an existing EA account or a new user creates an EA account.
- This means users attempting to create a new account must first sign into an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Create a Trial” flow as normal.
- This also means users who wish to link or recover an un-linked account to EA must first login to an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Link Accounts” flow as normal.
- During the “Link Accounts” flow there is a new “forgot my password” link that will allow users to reset the game accounts’ old *Account Center* password (note: this is different than the EA account and game passwords!) in the event it was forgotten.
- Once signed into an EA account all services and systems included but not limited to managing subscriptions, viewing linked game accounts, and resetting game account passwords remain unchanged.
- Account Center UO guide will be updated to reflect these changes as soon as possible!
Bonnie “Mesanna” Armstrong
[Discuss This Article]
|Warehouses slow or not working|
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 20, 2018 at 4:43 PM CDT
Originally posted May 20, 2018 by Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong on the UO Herald:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up we are having technical difficulties with the following systems:
In game store balances
and the CS paging system.
These systems are not operating correctly and will appear either broken or extrememly slow. At this time we do not have an ETA when this will be fixed but we will give you an update tomorrow after we are able to look into these issues further.
We want to thank you for your patience and have a great weekend.
[Discuss This Article]
|Publish 100 Comes to TC1|
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM CDT
Originally posted May 16, 2018 by UO Dev Team on the UO Herald:
We are pleased to announce the first of several TC1 Publish 100 releases will be available for testing on TC1 by 4pm ET May 16, 2018. Publish 100 is full of bug fixes, so head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback.
See you in Britannia,
[Discuss This Article]
|Ultima Online Newsletter (May 2018) |
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 9, 2018 at 7:39 PM CDT
|The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!|
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
Since the release of Endless Journey
we are so happy to see so many returning and new players! If you or your friends are having any issues with obtaining your old accounts please be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org
so they can assist you with this.
We are still working on our big bug fix push of the year. Please keep an eye on TC1 to check out the bugs that have been fixed as we will start publishing them in the next week or so. We hope to have the full publish out the door in the month of June. We have been keeping up on
bugs submitted via the forums
and e-mail so if you have a bug that you would like to especially see fixed, let us know
. Even in the midst of Publish 100, we have our eyes on Publishes 101 and 102. There are host
of new features to fit the seasonal nature of those publishes, including Halloween & the Holidays. Look for more information
in our upcoming newsletters!
We also have some really exciting items coming to the Ultima Store in the coming months including the Virtue Shield, new hair and horn styles, beards, a new mount, and more!
Everyone that has won the raffle for the Abyss houses have
now claimed them except for the one on Formosa. If that house is not claimed in 2 weeks I will redo the raffle.
There have been 23 violations from 4/23 - 4/29, they are as follows:
1 Disruptive behavior
The team appreciates your assistance with your pages in the fight to keep the playing field as even as possible, please continue to keep up the good work.
There still seems to be some confusion between Multiboxing and Multi-clienting .
We are adding this to the support
section of UO.com, but let me try to explain the difference once again. Multiboxing is illegal, this is when you use a 3rd party program to control more than one character with one input stream. If you log in 2+ clients but
do not use one input stream to control all your clients that is
and it is legal. In other words, if you are running multiple clients and are moving between each window one by one to independently control the characters you are good to go.
Many of you have asked for a list of updated legal 3rd party programs. Bleak will be reviewing different programs that we consider legal and will be posting them on UO.Com when its
complete. If anyone feels they know of a program that should be legal please e-mail us
so we can review it.
The next Developers Meet and Greet will be on Chesapeake, we look forward to seeing you there on May 21st at 7pm
See you in Britannia,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
The Town Cryer
With the release of Endless Journey, the UO Towncrier system was completely revamped to allow Event Moderators, Governors, and Guilds to reach a shard-wide audience with news. Especially useful is the ability for Guilds to share upcoming events! Whether it's a shard-wide net toss , a role play murder mystery, or a recruiting event to bolster your ranks from the many returning to the realm, the Town Cryer gives you the ability to adverstise in game like never before! Visit any Town Crier NPC to see the latest goings on today!
If you are experiencing issues with the Town Cryer or would like to offer feedback on how we can improve it - let us know!
Pub 100 - Crushing Bugs
As we've mentioned before, our goal after Endless Journey with Publish 100 will be a bug push where we concentrate on fixing as many bugs as possible. If you have a bug that you would especially like to see fixed please send it to us here. You can also post bugs in the UO.com Bug Forum. Note that unless we need more information from your email we generally don't respond. For forum posts you may not receive an immediate response but we do read them and will ramp up on this in Publish 100.
Here are some current bugs and minor feature requests that are going through the process of getting resolved since the last newsletter:
- Providing more information for Covetous Resource Maps that are in The Second Age
- Fixing an issue where you could get stuck on the Spirituality Shrine while on a Trade Quest
- Issue where the silver sapling would not properly work with relation to the Valley of Eodon
- NPC Mage Guildmasters can accept gold for training
- Preventing Revenants spawned in Doom from endlessly chasing their victims
- Allow smelting of cannonballs
- Fix for griefing caused by Harbingers
- Yarn properly stacking when made from a spinning wheel
- Combining skeleton key charges
- Adding sapphires to the Ore Cart spawn
- Allowing ML arties to once again drop on certain monsters
- Allowing reforging of Gnarled Staves
- Adding new equine creatures such as the lasher and palomino horse as suitable targets for Animate Dead
- Proper messaging when purchasing Town Banners
- Fix for skill scripts that can get stuck on a player
- Allowing single slot vanity mounts obtained through the Ultima Store to be res'd with bandages regardless of skill
- ...and many more to come!
Question & Answer Corner
1. Would it be possible to drop a full Runebook into a Runic Atlas to transfer the runes at once?
Yes it is possible to drop a full Runebook onto an empty Runic Atlas without any issues, we will add this task to our list. We will also include a way to reorder runes to make runebook management easier.
2. Can our clean up Britannia points be accessed by the account instead of just the character?
Full account wide Cleanup Britannia Point access is outside the technical scope of this request, however we are going to be adding an NPC that will hold your points so you can transfer them between characters on the account to aggregate your points on a single character. Look for this in Publish 100.
3. When do we receive fame with the BOD system?
In the past you used to receive fame when you turned in a BOD, this was changed with the BOD update to get fame when you receive a reward. You will receive fame when you turn in a single BOD, or if you choose to bank your BOD points, you will receive fame based on the value of the reward you claim from your banked points.
4. Is there any way to have Flax and Vanilla produce seeds?
Yes this is possible and a good suggestion, we will add this to our list.
5. Will we ever be able to build the castles that was talked about several months ago?
Yes Bleak is working on a tool that allows you to build a customized castle, but only on TC1. There will be a button on the house sign to submit your design for consideration for the game. Note we are not going to limit the number of designs but the final decision will be up to the Development Team and all submissions will need to meet strict technical and aesthetic specifications. The designer will get credit by House name on the houses.
1. If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
2. All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game.
3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to email@example.com so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
4. Anyone that does not get their codes from Origin please follow this link to resolve the issue..
5. If you have any in game questions or issues please either page in game or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. For any feedback to content put in game please send it to UO@broadsword.com.
7. Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link:
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for. EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at your leisure at our Account Center at https://accounts.eamythic.com/. Unfortunately, Broadsword Support cannot assist with potential EA Account issues or passwords, please follow the steps below.
To reset your EA Account password:
* Please visit https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
* At the EA.com page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
* If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here, https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/#?product=origin&platform=pc
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD UPDATE
To update your credit card information, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Account Center (https://accounts.eamythic.com) with your EA Account email and its password
- Select the 'Subscriptions' tab
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for
- Select the 'Subscribe' button
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use and continue
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AT THE ACCOUNT CENTER (https://accounts.eamythic.com/)
How to create an account or log into my account?
How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center with my EA Account credentials?
Additional support links and videos:
[Discuss This Article]
|Developer Meet and Greet Schedule for May|
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 5, 2018 at 4:22 PM CDT
Originally posted May 5, 2018 by Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong on the UO Herald:
Please note the following dates for the Meet and Greets for May:
Formosa 10 am ET May 7th, 2018
Chesapeake 7 pm ET May 21st, 2018
We look forward to seeing everyone.
[Discuss This Article]
|New Ultima Store Item: Violet Soulstone|
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 2, 2018 at 4:19 PM CDT
Originally posted May 2, 2018 by UO Dev Team on the UO Herald:
Want to add a bit of variety to your soulstone collection? This new soulstone comes in a beautiful violet hue that is sure to impress! The soulstone allows you to trade out and store skills from your character. The stored skill may be retrieved by another character on the account. The stone may only hold one skill at a time and all standard skill level maximums are enforced when retrieving skills from the stone. Get your Violet Soulstone from the Ultima Store today!
[Discuss This Article]
Submitted by UO_Herald on May 1, 2018 at 4:10 PM CDT
Originally posted May 1, 2018 by Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong on the UO Herald:
Good afternoon everyone,
We will be taking Atlantic down at 5:30 pm today, 5/1/18. It should only be down for approximately 45 minutes. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
[Discuss This Article]