Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Ceilim Bas
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

New people looking for Rp!

Post by Ceilim Bas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Greetings folks!

Myself and a couple of friends were recently convinced to start up our uo accounts again by a friend of our's here on great lakes. I have meet Malag briefly, but was wondering where the rest of the rp'ers gather to rp during the evenings? We would like to start introducing ourselfs and our characters.
0 x

Galen
Fanatic
Character Age: 0

Re: New people looking for Rp!

Post by Galen » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Welcome to GL.

Mostly we're scattered around doing things.

To me RP means being the character while you're in-game, and this means that, just like RL people, RP characters spend most of their time doing their jobs. It so happens that, for me at least, the characters' jobs are patrolling, killing monsters, hunting for interesting things to sell, etc.

The calendar will be posted weekly on the BAF Forum:

http://uorpc.net/phpBBB/viewforum.php?f=7

It used to just be sent out by ICQ but as of last week I've started putting it on the BAF Forum.

-Galen's player
0 x

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Monday night the 11th will be a tavern night at 8 p.m. cst out on articl isle trammel
We gather at the EM events on Tuesdays
Here and there when we can during the week, but its been sort of sporadic
Thursday nights will find many at Majestic Oaks Auction though it is NOT by any means strictly roleplayers some do come in character and always are.

There is a banner park outside the south luna gate, if you find the Nameless rune library that'll take you into Yew and a source of runes to most of our homes.

can find me by icq at 294-317-507 will try to do what we can to show you around
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Post by MalagAste » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I will try to answer this the best I can.

Since the lands are VAST these days and our numbers are rather limited the best way to find folk to RP with is really to get into our Ventrilo or to ICQ us.

There is a post in the forums here that contains several of our ICQ's. Anyone who wishes is welcome to icq me at 130567431. Generally if you send me an invite and just say I'm on GL's looking to RP or something I'll get back with you as soon as I'm on.

I'm often online and in-game pretty much every day save Sundays. However my activities do NOT revolve around any one area. I'm often gathering supplies of some sort be they relics or imbuing ingredients or sometimes something related to some new story arc... or gathering keys for some peerless it just depends and I can't say that I'm on an alliance character or even on my main character.

I tend to be busy doing something all the time. I'm always up to get together and do something RP. But since our numbers have been rather low for some time and it's hard to really say when or where I'll be beyond a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday night .... it's really best to just ask... Not very spontaneous to say the least but really I'm usually working on some character or another.

As far as folk coming back or coming to GL to join the RP community I'm always and will always be here to help. If it is just directing someone to a guild that suits them or by getting them started with a decent suit for training, teaching the rules of engagement or whatever, I'm often around to help and more than willing to lend a hand.

Certainly though as far as contacting us goes your best bet is certainly either icq or Ventrilo. I prefer to use Vent if I can as it's kinda hard for me to work and type at the same time... and I'm usually in there. If you icq me ahead of time I can get you set up with a user name and password for vent.

I'd say that the biggest factor in there no longer really being anywhere to "find" folk just hanging out is probably because we haven't really had any sort of a villain or opposition giving us a reason to stand about and "defend" or "protect" things. I mean I can run around and do a patrol of Newcastle all day long but the only excitement I might get from it is finding 2 or 3 corpsers and a half a dozen reapers... maybe a gargoyle or two. Not really exciting or entertaining enough to make me want to spend an hour or two a night running around the town. I mean the occasional IDOC is great and all but it don't make for a real reason to run around town every evening.

And I'll also say if there is a reason to be there I will be.

As well as if you want to go do something and explore any of the new lands .... learn about the newer features of the game such as the new ships... the fighting with cannons... learn about Ter Mur.... the Abyss where to get things and what works best against what.... any bit of advice about working skills or anything of that nature I'm always up for that as well. I know where to find just about anything or I can direct you either to someone who does know or the right website for more information. Feel free to contact me and no question is too dumb to ask.
0 x

Return to “General GL Chat”