July 30th 2014 Developer Meet & Greet Log

GL OOC BOARD: Open Forum

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Post Reply
User avatar
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
Posts: 970
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA
x 2

July 30th 2014 Developer Meet & Greet Log

Post by Lord DaKaren » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:00 pm

[18:02:04] [Mesanna]: shall we get started
[18:02:10] [Mesanna]: bleak is running a little late
[18:02:19] [Mesanna]: Traffic was bad this evening
[18:02:34] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[18:02:37] [Mesanna]: Greetings Great Lakes thanks for having us
[18:03:01] [Mesanna]: Shall we start
[18:03:11] [Misk]: Indeed!
[18:03:11] [Mesanna]: Hi Rocko
[18:03:21] [Rocko]: Hail
[18:03:33] [Rocko]: first of all, thanks for coming out and greeting the community
[18:03:40] [Rocko]: it is a great event
[18:03:46] [Mesanna]: our pleasure
[18:03:54] [Rocko]: on to the question.... =)
[18:03:58] [Rocko]: Now that Broadsword is running UO, how will the company improve customer service, including in game support....
[18:04:07] [Rocko]: ....and have you ever considered instanced housing?
[18:04:28] [Mesanna]: ok 2 part question
[18:04:31] [Mesanna]: part 1
[18:04:47] [Rocko]: Vendor buy bank guards
[18:04:47] [Mesanna]: I can tell you the improvements we are making by hiring more CS people
[18:04:51] [Mesanna]: and
[18:05:01] [Mesanna]: we are also improving the Account management page
[18:05:14] [Mesanna]: so it doesn't drive everyone crazy to try to figure it out
[18:06:21] [Mesanna]: the second part about Instance housing
[18:06:33] [Mesanna]: I think we are way to deep into UO to change the housing now
[18:06:42] [Mesanna]: People would hang me high if they lost their castles now
[18:06:56] [Mesanna]: I am not sure we can to be honest with you
[18:06:56] [Rocko]: but an instance does not change what a person has
[18:07:11] [Mesanna]: I would have to ask our Engineer about that one
[18:07:13] [Rocko]: it creates an area for people to place a domicile
[18:07:16] [Mesanna]: *looks to Bleak*
[18:07:43] [Mesanna]: can I ask why you would want it
[18:07:53] [Mesanna]: what benefit you can see from it
[18:08:09] [Rocko]: to allow for placement of a larger house for those with a small house
[18:08:21] [Rocko]: it could be designed for only 18x18
[18:08:53] [Rocko]: i dont see something like castle redesign as that feasible
[18:09:13] [Rocko]: it would be awesome but not sure if it is codable
[18:09:27] [Mesanna]: we are not either to be honest
[18:09:54] [Mesanna]: that one has not even been brought up before
[18:09:59] [Mesanna]: so its totally new
[18:10:08] [Bleak]: It is not currently on the table.
[18:10:20] [Rocko]: thanks for your time =)
[18:10:23] [Mesanna]: thanks
[18:10:30] [Mesanna]: Have a good evening
[18:10:36] [Mesanna]: Hi Britannic
[18:10:40] [Misk]: Hello!
[18:10:45] [Bleak]: Hi
[18:10:49] [Britannic]: Hello and thank you for this meeting and giving me this opportunity.
[18:11:01] [Kyronix]: Greetings!
[18:11:11] [Britannic]: I met some of the devs in person years ago during the beta of the EC in Philly and NYC.
[18:11:32] [Bleak]: KR?
[18:11:33] [Britannic]: My question is in 5 parts, so I will try to be quick.
[18:11:35] [Britannic]: Yes
[18:12:03] [Britannic]: With the upcoming Vice vs. Virtue can you add a Guild Access mode to houses in Fel like the new boats have?
[18:12:26] [Britannic]: I don't want to make my house public and set guild access doors
[18:12:59] [Britannic]: Number 2, can you give tailors the ability to make bags or backpacks?
[18:13:04] [Bleak]: I think it is a good idea
[18:13:33] [Mesanna]: wait
[18:13:33] [Bleak]: Only a couple lines of codes :-)
[18:13:41] [Mesanna]: Part 1
[18:13:47] [Mesanna]: Bleak said it was a good idea
[18:13:49] [Britannic]: Number 3: Some non-stacking items which should be: Unmarked recall runes, small pieces of blackrock and Medusa's Blood
[18:13:51] [Mesanna]: he will look into iut
[18:13:53] [Bleak]: but really I will look into it
[18:13:53] [Mesanna]: it
[18:13:59] [Mesanna]: Stop
[18:14:05] [Britannic]: ok sorry
[18:14:07] [Mesanna]: let us answer you
[18:14:09] [Misk]: The Provisioners Union will be incredibly upset if tailor begain crafting bags...
[18:14:10] [Mesanna]: lol
[18:15:08] [Mesanna]: #3 we are constantly trying to catch up with the stackable items
[18:15:36] [Britannic]: I'm sure it's a never ending list.
[18:15:38] [Mesanna]: we understand we have alot of items in the game that need to be stackable
[18:16:05] [Mesanna]: we are working on it
[18:16:10] [Mesanna]: and yes you are correct
[18:16:14] [Mesanna]: its a long list
[18:16:18] [Mesanna]: on next question
[18:16:20] [Britannic]: Your efforts are appreciated.
[18:16:41] [Britannic]: Ok, #4 salvaging items created through carpentry and tinkering like we can with tailoring and smithing.
[18:17:00] [Alister]: Sanctum Viatas
[18:17:37] [Mesanna]: some items make sense to do but not wood if you think about it
[18:17:45] [Mesanna]: we have thought about it
[18:17:55] [Mesanna]: and will put more thought into it for the future
[18:18:14] [Britannic]: That is all I ask, your consideration.
[18:18:33] [Britannic]: Ready for my last question?
[18:18:37] [Mesanna]: yes sir
[18:18:57] [Mesanna]: test
[18:18:58] [Britannic]: Can you address some of the display discrepancies between EC and CC. Such as all dragons
[18:19:02] You cannot say anything at this time; you have been muted.
[18:19:03] [Britannic]: being the red dragon skin
[18:19:31] [Britannic]: Or some hues that doesn't show on things in EC but do in CC.
[18:19:35] [Mesanna]: Address some of the display discrepancies between ec and cc>
[18:19:43] [Mesanna]: such as all the dragons?
[18:19:50] [Mesanna]: sorry
[18:19:56] [Mesanna]: the people are not hearing the questions
[18:20:02] [Britannic]: Oh, okay.
[18:20:51] [Britannic]: Those are my questions. Thank you for your time, attention, consideration and hard work.
[18:20:51] [Mesanna]: give me a sec
[18:21:40] [Misk]: Can you hear me now?
[18:21:44] [Mesanna]: hi
[18:21:47] [Mesanna]: sweet
[18:21:50] [Mesanna]: now
[18:22:36] [Mesanna]: I can say this
[18:22:50] [Mesanna]: Some people will be very upset if we change the Classic client to look like the EC
[18:23:03] [Mesanna]: some people like the EC
[18:23:06] [Britannic]: I don't want CC to look like EC.
[18:23:16] [Britannic]: I just want hues in EC to match CC.
[18:23:37] [Britannic]: All dragons in Destard are red in EC but in CC they are red and brown, that's an example.
[18:23:44] [Mesanna]: we can not make everyone happy
[18:23:48] [Britannic]: I know.
[18:23:51] [Mesanna]: this is true
[18:24:07] [Mesanna]: when we do the pet revamp
[18:24:25] [Mesanna]: I will have our artist look into giving more colors to the different types
[18:24:27] [Mesanna]: how about that
[18:24:37] [Britannic]: That would be cool.
[18:24:41] [Britannic]: Thank you.
[18:24:47] [Mesanna]: oI can't promise more than that
[18:24:53] [Mesanna]: you are more than welcome
[18:24:58] [Mesanna]: have a good evening
[18:25:00] [Mesanna]: thats 5
[18:25:02] [Mesanna]: lol
[18:25:02] [Britannic]: You too.
[18:25:10] [Britannic]: Yep. Just the 5.
[18:25:25] [Jack Sparrow]: Hello all :)
[18:25:30] [Misk]: Hello!
[18:25:35] [Bleak]: hi
[18:25:39] [Jack Sparrow]: I want to say, i love the em program
[18:25:46] [EM Elizabella]: *smiles*
[18:25:47] [Jack Sparrow]: but lag is getting out of control
[18:25:50] [Mesanna]: Hi Jack
[18:25:56] [Jack Sparrow]: because everyone from every shard
[18:26:02] [Jack Sparrow]: shows up to the events
[18:26:09] [Mesanna]: You have good EM's
[18:26:09] [Jack Sparrow]: would it be possible
[18:26:15] [Jack Sparrow]: for the ems to try
[18:26:23] [Jack Sparrow]: and schedule them at the same time?
[18:26:28] [Jack Sparrow]: so people have to choose
[18:26:38] [Mesanna]: No thats not possible
[18:26:44] [Jack Sparrow]: i realize they cant always all be at the same time
[18:27:12] [Jack Sparrow]: wow, ok
[18:27:14] [Mesanna]: its hard for them to schedule all their events at the same time
[18:27:16] [Mesanna]: sorry
[18:27:25] [Mesanna]: everyone has different schedules
[18:27:30] [Jack Sparrow]: i realize it would be impossible to do them all at the same time
[18:27:37] [Jack Sparrow]: but at least an effort to try
[18:27:42] [Jack Sparrow]: o do some like that
[18:27:47] [Jack Sparrow]: would be a great help
[18:28:05] [Jack Sparrow]: that is all
[18:28:07] [Jack Sparrow]: thank you
[18:28:09] [Mesanna]: thank you
[18:28:19] [Mesanna]: Hi Bort
[18:28:28] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[18:28:28] [Bort]: so hi, I've got one comment and one question
[18:28:32] [Bort]: nice to see you all
[18:28:33] [Mesanna]: ok
[18:28:34] [Bort]: So
[18:28:55] [Bort]: Okay, this game has a ton of systems that have fallen into disuse or were never used
[18:29:04] [Bort]: Doom gauntlet, heartwood kill quests, etc
[18:29:22] [Bort]: I mean we have a whole system for distributing random kill quests! Its done!
[18:29:25] [Bort]: And nobody uses it
[18:29:39] [Bort]: If you guys could think of like twenty items people want, REALLY want
[18:29:57] [Bort]: And distribute them across these systems, you could increase the content available to a player
[18:30:06] [Bort]: By a large amount for really not that much work
[18:30:47] [Bort]: Also, I had one random question
[18:30:48] [Bort]: Cora
[18:31:02] [Bort]: A publicly accessible boss that kills everyone if more than one person fights her
[18:31:10] [Bort]: ...why? Ive never been able to get it.
[18:31:48] [Kyronix]: Well first to address your comment
[18:32:05] [Kyronix]: There are definitely some areas that need some love, and it's just the natur e
[18:32:12] [Kyronix]: Of a game that has been around as long as we have
[18:32:17] [Bort]: No, I totally understand
[18:32:24] [Kyronix]: That being said, the global loot we are testing now will add value to those encounters
[18:32:38] [Kyronix]: Since more difficult mobs will generate better loot
[18:32:44] [Bort]: *nod nod*
[18:32:55] [Kyronix]: And we are constantly looking at ways to leverage old systems when putting in new
[18:33:11] [Bort]: That kill quest system is begging to be used for something sweet.
[18:33:21] [Bort]: It just needs proper loot.
[18:33:39] [Kyronix]: As to your AI concern, we can take a look at Cora's and see if it needs a tweak
[18:33:47] [Bort]: Well I just mean on a conceptual level
[18:34:06] [Bort]: "And then she does 60 damage for every person within combat range! This will ___."
[18:34:35] [Bort]: I mean if 3 people try to melee her they all blow up for 180 damage
[18:34:59] [Kyronix]: Thanks for the feedback though! :D
[18:35:02] [Bort]: Yep!
[18:35:06] [Kyronix]: We <3 feedback
[18:35:06] [Bort]: Mine that old content!
[18:35:25] [Bort]: Its good stuff and its free, just needs love
[18:35:29] [Bort]: ANyway peace
[18:35:33] [Kyronix]: See ya!
[18:35:43] [Deavous]: hail all, just afew things
[18:35:46] [Mesanna]: Evening
[18:35:49] [Kyronix]: Greetings!
[18:35:53] [Bleak]: Hello
[18:36:03] [Deavous]: volems, please dont put them out again
[18:36:23] [Deavous]: imagine everyone having 2 volems at events
[18:36:28] [Deavous]: lagggg
[18:36:32] [Mesanna]: to late
[18:36:36] [Deavous]: bad for game
[18:36:41] [Mesanna]: they are 500K in the clean up Brit
[18:36:43] [Mesanna]: not cheap
[18:36:50] [Deavous]: alot mutli accounts at events
[18:36:56] [Deavous]: laggg bad
[18:37:23] [Deavous]: energy fields can they flag people?
[18:37:46] [Deavous]: 2 blues cross field u and red comes and kills u lol
[18:38:03] [Deavous]: wish could flag them
[18:38:09] [Deavous]: at least
[18:38:20] [Deavous]: last thing
[18:38:30] [Mesanna]: ok you want it to flag
[18:38:41] [Mesanna]: because right now I don't think it does
[18:38:57] [Deavous]: if blue put field on u yes flag
[18:39:20] [Deavous]: should flag
[18:39:35] [Deavous]: wbad typer
[18:39:43] [Mesanna]: no worries
[18:39:57] [Deavous]: last thing is cheating
[18:40:06] [Deavous]: so much going on
[18:40:32] [Deavous]: pvp scripting ect will something be done soon?
[18:41:39] [Mesanna]: I wished I had a GM here to explain the procedure to you
[18:41:52] [Mesanna]: but I do know they have to prove someone is cheating
[18:41:57] [Mesanna]: to do anything
[18:42:31] [Deavous]: will cc get some love eclient is better now then classic client
[18:42:49] [Mesanna]: it is faster
[18:42:57] [Bleak]: Enhanced > Classic
[18:43:01] [Mesanna]: but it is called the Enhanced client for a reason =)
[18:43:03] [Mesanna]: lol
[18:43:12] [Mesanna]: sorry
[18:43:30] [Bleak]: but we will give CC some love soon
[18:43:49] [Deavous]: all i care is thing to be fair
[18:43:51] [Deavous]: ty
[18:43:55] [Deavous]: done
[18:43:59] [Mesanna]: thank you
[18:44:27] [Stylez]: hail
[18:44:29] [Mesanna]: hi Stylez
[18:44:34] [Bleak]: Looking into reducing client side lag
[18:44:44] [Stylez]: me and my wife had been away for 6 months, we were wondering
[18:44:54] [Stylez]: if you were going to make power scroll books available
[18:45:07] [Bleak]: also options to disable robes
[18:46:22] [Mesanna]: sounds like an idea for a future gift to me =)
[18:46:36] [Stylez]: ok
[18:46:45] [Stylez]: also i have an issue with niter deposits
[18:47:01] [Stylez]: sometimes they spawn inside the mountain and i have to ctrl shift to see it
[18:47:24] [Stylez]: why doesn't it spawn outside sometimes?
[18:47:50] [Misk]: it should only be spawning if you are on a ship or in a dungeon
[18:48:09] [Misk]: that is the way it was designed; if you are on a ship and it it spawning in the mountains
[18:48:10] [Stylez]: well i dig alot of it out in ilshenar
[18:48:18] [Misk]: then that is a problem, we can look into resolving that issue
[18:48:47] [Stylez]: ok cool ty thats all i have... for now
[18:48:54] [Misk]: ok
[18:49:16] [Tanda]: Hello Elizabella, Mesanna, Kyronix, Bleak and Misk
[18:49:20] [Kyronix]: Hello
[18:51:18] [Tanda]: Is it possible to modify the city stone to allow transport to Governor's offices
[18:51:22] [Tanda]: or to mark a path
[18:51:39] [Tanda]: and the second question is it possible for us to host
[18:51:54] [Tanda]: a multi shard Governor's event
[18:51:58] [Tanda]: like a Rare's fest
[18:52:10] [Tanda]: those are my two questions
[18:52:30] [Kyronix]: With regard to your first question?
[18:52:45] [Kyronix]: What is it you are trying to get done?
[18:53:02] [Tanda]: Well most of our offices are a trek from the City stone
[18:53:05] [Tanda]: not easy to find
[18:53:16] [Tanda]: so sitting in it to meet people
[18:53:23] [Tanda]: is not very useful
[18:53:45] [Tanda]: I'd like to utilize what was built
[18:54:09] [Tanda]: I've put out runes, in lots of spots
[18:55:11] [Tanda]: Did I explain well enough?
[18:55:13] [Kyronix]: Aye
[18:55:47] [Kyronix]: I don't see adding that kind of function to the city stone
[18:55:54] [Tanda]: *nods*
[18:55:59] [Kyronix]: I mean, the same could be said about not finding the mage shop
[18:56:09] [Tanda]: true enough
[18:56:44] [Mesanna]: what was the rares festival?
[18:56:55] [Tanda]: Well I am also Melian of MOA
[18:57:00] [Tanda]: so have done a rare's fest
[18:57:09] [Tanda]: I'd like to do something similar
[18:57:19] [Tanda]: only as a roleplay Governor's gathering
[18:57:25] [Tanda]: a weekend
[18:57:28] [Tanda]: temporary house
[18:57:35] [Tanda]: some sort of death fest
[18:57:56] [Tanda]: Trying to build some community
[18:58:34] [Mesanna]: Put together a proposal but you need to put it together and get with me
[18:58:44] [Mesanna]: then we will talk
[18:58:44] [Tanda]: *nods*
[18:58:48] [Tanda]: I can do that
[18:58:50] [Tanda]: Thank you
[18:58:59] [Tanda]: Take care and thanks for all the hard work
[18:59:03] [Mesanna]: thank you
[18:59:14] [Mesanna]: hi Bunny
[18:59:18] [Bunny]: Hello Mesanna
[18:59:18] [Bleak]: Hello
[18:59:30] [Bunny]: Hello Bleak and Kyronix
[18:59:32] [Bunny]: and misk
[18:59:35] [Misk]: Hello
[18:59:41] [Bunny]: just two quick question
[18:59:49] [Bunny]: can will get item bless deed back in the britain clean up menu ?
[18:59:59] [Bunny]: will we also have new 16th veteran reward year reward to pick?
[19:00:02] [Mesanna]: I would rather not
[19:00:08] [Mesanna]: put it back in the game
[19:00:09] [Bunny]: oh
[19:00:16] [Mesanna]: because it destroyed item insurance
[19:00:22] [Bunny]: some of the people might has miss the chance to get it
[19:00:33] [Bunny]: saying for the returner or new player
[19:01:02] [Mesanna]: we could say that from before though
[19:01:11] [Mesanna]: I understand
[19:01:13] [Bunny]: nod
[19:01:18] [Mesanna]: I am sorry
[19:01:25] [Bunny]: understand
[19:01:29] [Bunny]: no worries
[19:01:31] [Bunny]: will we also have new 16th veteran reward year reward to pick?
[19:01:46] [Bunny]: something that we old vet can look forward too
[19:01:51] [Mesanna]: 17th
[19:01:52] [Bunny]: i wondering should i pick
[19:02:03] [Mesanna]: oh oh
[19:02:05] [Bunny]: the highest reward is 15th year
[19:02:07] [Bunny]: tiger
[19:02:17] [Bunny]: nothing higher that we can save up for
[19:02:23] [Bunny]: so wondering if there will be a 16th
[19:02:28] [Bunny]: reward
[19:02:29] [Mesanna]: wombat can't count higher than 15 =)
[19:02:31] [Mesanna]: lol
[19:02:36] [Bunny]: roger
[19:02:38] [Bunny]: thank you
[19:02:41] [Mesanna]: welcome
[19:02:42] [Bunny]: love you
[19:02:46] [Mesanna]: *hugs*
[19:02:50] [Mesanna]: Hi Love
[19:03:00] [Love]: Hello Mesanna
[19:03:07] [Kyronix]: Salutations!
[19:03:30] [Love]: I think the global loot change is good for UO so I hope Doom Artifact can
[19:03:41] [Love]: get a upgrade also
[19:03:57] [Love]: I hope new player and some of my friend which return to UO can
[19:04:07] [Love]: level up
[19:04:12] [Love]: fast with the vet
[19:04:17] [Love]: in term of gear wise
[19:04:24] [Kyronix]: Making new artifacts is tough since we have imbuing and reforging now
[19:04:44] [Love]: so doom artifact will not get a upgrade ?
[19:05:03] [Kyronix]: We aren't changing any artifacts in this pass for loot
[19:05:21] [Love]: ahh understand
[19:05:25] [Kyronix]: But will continue to evaluate how everything plays out
[19:05:41] [Love]: execellent
[19:05:42] [Mesanna]: Our plates are full for this publish
[19:05:44] [Love]: My last comment I hope we can have my body style change so I can have a fat body
[19:05:53] [Mesanna]: LOL
[19:06:01] [Love]: or a bigger boobs. is it a possible dream?
[19:06:22] [Love]: i am abit fat
[19:06:24] [Love]: in real life
[19:06:28] [Love]: so hoping to have a body
[19:06:29] [Love]: same
[19:06:41] [Love]: some lady might wish to have a bigger boobs too
[19:06:43] [Love]: :)
[19:06:44] [Mesanna]: I will talk to our artist but I doubt it
[19:06:46] [Mesanna]: lol
[19:06:54] [Love]: Thank you
[19:06:56] [Love]: Love you
[19:07:00] [Mesanna]: Take care
[19:07:03] [Love]: thank
[19:07:11] [Mesanna]: Hi Gift
[19:07:13] [Gift]: Hello Mesanna
[19:07:31] [Gift]: Will we have some big challanging event where there is prizes money?
[19:07:40] [Gift]: something like pvp shard contest or Hunting contest?
[19:07:47] [Gift]: maybe players can buy some stuff which add into the prizes pool will help?
[19:08:00] [Gift]: maybe players can buy some stuff which add into the prizes pool will help?
[19:08:04] [Gift]: maybe players can buy some stuff which add into the prizes pool will help?
[19:08:43] [Mesanna]: You mean like a PVP Ladder for real cash?
[19:08:50] [Gift]: ya
[19:08:55] [Gift]: like dota2
[19:08:58] [Mesanna]: we actually talked about it
[19:09:03] [Misk]: COLD HARD CASH TALKS!
[19:09:03] [Gift]: oh
[19:09:09] [Mesanna]: yeppers we have
[19:09:20] [Gift]: oh i wonder if that is possible
[19:09:23] [Mesanna]: have to get it thru legal and all first
[19:09:31] [Gift]: and maybe we can chip in for the prizes pool
[19:09:32] [Mesanna]: Bleak said he would put in the first 100
[19:09:38] [Mesanna]: didn't you Bleak
[19:09:39] [Kyronix]: *chuckles*
[19:09:43] [Gift]: :)
[19:09:44] [Bleak]: 250
[19:09:50] [Mesanna]: sweet see
[19:09:51] [Gift]: will make it so exciting
[19:10:01] [Gift]: and something to look forward
[19:10:06] [Mesanna]: Money talks BS walks =)
[19:10:12] [Gift]: lol
[19:10:18] [Mesanna]: *winks*
[19:10:20] [Gift]: thank you
[19:10:23] [Gift]: love you
[19:10:24] [Mesanna]: welcome
[19:10:28] [Gift]: bye
[19:10:29] [Gift]: take care
[19:10:39] [GargyMcGarg]: Hello Lady Mesanna, Kryonix, Bleak, Misk, And EM Elizabella
[19:10:46] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[19:10:48] [Mesanna]: Evening
[19:10:48] [Misk]: Hello!
[19:10:50] [EM Elizabella]: Hi
[19:11:07] [GargyMcGarg]: I have been asked By Rook To ask about more mods for talismans
[19:11:28] [Misk]: What type of mods?
[19:11:30] [GargyMcGarg]: And about balancing throwing weapons for gargoyles so they can use shields
[19:11:35] [GargyMcGarg]: I have no clue
[19:11:45] [GargyMcGarg]: He just said More mods for talismans
[19:12:01] [GargyMcGarg]: id guess like resistances stat bonuses
[19:12:05] [Mesanna]: Ask them to write them down and send us their suggestions
[19:12:10] [Mesanna]: we would love to hear their ideas
[19:12:11] [GargyMcGarg]: ok
[19:12:13] [GargyMcGarg]: will do
[19:12:19] [GargyMcGarg]: I also was wondering
[19:12:20] [Misk]: There are some new talisman available in the upcoming cleanup Britannia
[19:12:26] [GargyMcGarg]: yes i saw that
[19:12:28] [GargyMcGarg]: I also was wondering
[19:12:31] [Misk]: that have some new mods
[19:12:45] [Misk]: Bleak can speak to the throwing question...
[19:12:49] [GargyMcGarg]: if we could subtract the item count for rune books and spellbooks etc
[19:13:04] [GargyMcGarg]: since they cost no weight wouldn't they not cost slots?
[19:13:38] [GargyMcGarg]: slots for your backpack*
[19:13:54] [GargyMcGarg]: some of us carry around like 30+ spellbooks and runebooks
[19:14:07] [GargyMcGarg]: which is really inconvient to be honest
[19:15:01] [Mesanna]: thats something we would have to talk about
[19:15:15] [Bleak]: We will have to take another look at the Garg shield throwing numbers. They might see a little bump.
[19:15:38] [GargyMcGarg]: yeah you can't throw with gargys if they have shields
[19:15:46] [GargyMcGarg]: which is weird in my opinion
[19:17:01] [Mesanna]: Anything else Gargy?
[19:17:09] [GargyMcGarg]: nope
[19:17:15] [Mesanna]: Thank you
[19:17:16] [GargyMcGarg]: thnx you very much
[19:17:20] [GargyMcGarg]: your welcome
[19:17:35] [Mesanna]: Hi Matthias
[19:17:38] [Matthias O'Hare]: Hi Elizabella! Misk! Bleak!
[19:17:41] [Matthias O'Hare]: Hi Kyronix
[19:17:44] [Matthias O'Hare]: His Mesanna :)
[19:17:48] [EM Elizabella]: Hi
[19:17:50] [Mesanna]: His?
[19:17:56] [Misk]: Hello!
[19:17:57] [Mesanna]: HRM
[19:18:01] [Matthias O'Hare]: I have 3 questions, 1 regards to TC, 1 to PvP, and 1 specific to GL
[19:18:17] [Matthias O'Hare]: On TC, it is regard to the Trade Quests
[19:18:22] [Matthias O'Hare]: I thank you Kyronix for all the hard work
[19:18:23] [Bleak]: Hi
[19:18:27] [Matthias O'Hare]: I have enjoyed testing it
[19:18:29] [Kyronix]: Thanks for checking it out
[19:18:43] [Matthias O'Hare]: My question is will the scaling be turned back on for testing before publish?
[19:18:47] [Kyronix]: Yes
[19:18:49] [Matthias O'Hare]: I did this to tier 3 with Dot Warner
[19:18:53] [Matthias O'Hare]: ah! ok nice!
[19:19:01] [Matthias O'Hare]: thank you
[19:19:08] [Matthias O'Hare]: As for my PvP question
[19:19:37] [Matthias O'Hare]: Would it be viable to add a 1 second delay before forming when hit succesfully with a bola?
[19:19:52] [Matthias O'Hare]: or maybe even just banning ethereal mounts?
[19:19:56] [Matthias O'Hare]: in fel
[19:21:10] [Bleak]: We send this question to our PvP focus group.
[19:21:33] [Matthias O'Hare]: Thank you
[19:21:43] [Matthias O'Hare]: My last question is specific to GL
[19:21:46] [Matthias O'Hare]: and basically for me
[19:21:59] [Matthias O'Hare]: I have 2 houses on Tokuno north side, one for a few years and one some recently
[19:22:05] [Helen]: My escort seems to have abandoned me!
[19:22:24] [Matthias O'Hare]: the one I had for a few years was 18x18 but when I used resize to move it a tile east
[19:22:33] [Matthias O'Hare]: the most it would let me replace was a 18x15
[19:22:54] [Matthias O'Hare]: the other I just acquired was a collapsed 18x18 but same thing, only can replace with 18x15
[19:23:05] [Matthias O'Hare]: I'd really like to be able to make these the full 18x18 they used to be
[19:23:22] [Matthias O'Hare]: is that something that you could handle?
[19:23:47] [Mesanna]: We would have to look at the area
[19:23:54] [Mesanna]: to see if something was blocking it
[19:23:58] [Mesanna]: send me an email please
[19:24:04] [Mesanna]: so I can look at the area
[19:24:08] [Matthias O'Hare]: I am pretty sure it is the north wall of the town
[19:24:20] [Matthias O'Hare]: it started registering different than it used to
[19:24:31] [Matthias O'Hare]: I will send you an email then
[19:24:36] [Mesanna]: thank you
[19:24:39] [Matthias O'Hare]: I appreciate you taking the time to answer my three questions
[19:24:45] [Mesanna]: you have the correct address?
[19:25:04] [Matthias O'Hare]: I believe I do? mesanna@broadsword.com right?
[19:25:11] [Mesanna]: yes sir
[19:25:18] [Matthias O'Hare]: I will send it there then!
[19:25:19] [Matthias O'Hare]: thanks!
[19:25:22] [Mesanna]: thank you
[19:25:22] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: thank you
[19:25:39] [Mesanna]: have a good evening
[19:25:39] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: have a good evening
[19:26:00] [The Frog Prince]: *hops inside!*
[19:26:06] [The Frog Prince]: hi hi ribbit!! =D
[19:26:06] [Crystal] The Frog Prince says: hi hi ribbit!! =D
[19:26:09] [Mesanna]: Evening FP
[19:26:09] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Evening FP
[19:26:10] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[19:26:10] [Crystal] Kyronix says: Hello!
[19:26:12] [EM Elizabella]: *smiles*
[19:26:12] [Crystal] EM Elizabella says: *smiles*
[19:26:22] [The Frog Prince]: first and frogmost
[19:26:27] [The Frog Prince]: tytytytyty for all you do!
[19:26:28] [Mesanna]: LOL
[19:26:33] [The Frog Prince]: love this game and the stuffs in it :)
[19:27:11] [The Frog Prince]: once upon a time frog read a post about things to be worked on for the upcoming year.
[19:27:27] [The Frog Prince]: now, a lot has happened this year, between Broadsword and etc
[19:27:36] [The Frog Prince]: but still hoping that one thing is on the list
[19:27:45] [The Frog Prince]: (and that frog didn't just imagine it)
[19:27:52] [The Frog Prince]: Colored Dragons =)
[19:28:00] [Mesanna]: lol we are going to do them
[19:28:01] [The Frog Prince]: Anything to tell about that?
[19:28:05] [The Frog Prince]: KK =D
[19:28:06] [Mesanna]: when we do the Pet revamp
[19:28:10] [The Frog Prince]: oooooooooooooo
[19:28:12] [Mesanna]: I will put in tasteful
[19:28:17] [The Frog Prince]: yay good!
[19:28:21] [Mesanna]: and I do mean tasteful hued dragons
[19:28:28] [The Frog Prince]: don't want to see a nes Skittles version of destard...
[19:28:37] [Mesanna]: exactly
[19:28:38] [The Frog Prince]: but yes, much fun to be had with different new and colored dragons
[19:28:43] [The Frog Prince]: would they be different types?
[19:28:44] [Mesanna]: but it will not just be dragons
[19:28:52] [The Frog Prince]: like an acid green dragon with poison breath?
[19:28:59] [Mesanna]: it will be various pets
[19:28:59] [The Frog Prince]: maybe living in swamps?
[19:29:03] [The Frog Prince]: ooo :)
[19:29:09] [Mesanna]: like frogs!!
[19:29:13] [Mesanna]: RIbitt
[19:29:14] [The Frog Prince]: LOL =D
[19:29:16] [The Frog Prince]: haha
[19:29:21] [The Frog Prince]: SO THERE is a pet revamp
[19:29:23] [The Frog Prince]: interesting
[19:29:29] [Mesanna]: in the future yes
[19:29:31] [The Frog Prince]: any tidbits ye can release?
[19:29:33] [The Frog Prince]: :)
[19:29:38] [Mesanna]: we are going to do a much needed pet revamp
[19:29:47] [The Frog Prince]: *nods*
[19:29:50] [The Frog Prince]: frog loves the pets
[19:29:55] [The Frog Prince]: and even the current pet system
[19:30:00] [The Frog Prince]: love it.
[19:30:08] [The Frog Prince]: hard to add to it, with our stables full...
[19:30:21] [Mesanna]: we can sell you more slots =P
[19:30:22] [The Frog Prince]: but yes, frog looks forward to seeing what you can do with it ribbit :)
[19:30:22] [Mesanna]: lol
[19:30:27] [Mesanna]: *ebil laugh*
[19:30:28] [The Frog Prince]: haha!
[19:30:36] [The Frog Prince]: too fun :)
[19:31:01] [The Frog Prince]: kk, guess that's frog's only quextion
[19:31:11] [Mesanna]: thank you
[19:31:14] [The Frog Prince]: look forward to it, tyvm for giving us a heads up!
[19:31:19] [Mesanna]: have a hopping good evening
[19:31:19] [The Frog Prince]: *bows and waves*
[19:31:23] [The Frog Prince]: =D
[19:31:29] [The Frog Prince]: *hops*
[19:31:42] [Marinda]: Good evening, all!
[19:31:43] [Mesanna]: Evening Marinda
[19:31:55] [Marinda]: I have a couple of easy questions, hope they'll be quick for you.
[19:32:02] [Marinda]: First one is the hardest, for Bleak
[19:32:10] [Mesanna]: *sits back*
[19:32:17] [Marinda]: Is there any possibility of being able to be in several chat channels simultaneously?
[19:32:41] [Marinda]: second question is for kyronix while you ponder that one
[19:32:51] [Marinda]: when do you think we'll see the next details for VvV?
[19:33:05] [Marinda]: and i have 2 more easy questions for mesanna after that
[19:33:32] [Kyronix]: We are working on our next iteration of VvV right now
[19:33:50] [Kyronix]: Had to polish up some things with the other aspects of the publish
[19:33:56] [Marinda]: okay
[19:33:57] [Kyronix]: But now it's full steam ahead with VvV
[19:34:06] [Kyronix]: We look forward to testing out the next iteration with you guys
[19:34:21] [Marinda]: anxious to see more details
[19:34:24] [Bleak]: Currently we are only allow one chat channel at a time. Under the previous system you could be in multiple. Currently there are no plans to changes this back.
[19:34:39] [Marinda]: thanks, bleak
[19:34:47] [Marinda]: it would just be nice to be able to monitor more than one at a time
[19:34:55] [Marinda]: like general and the new player one
[19:34:59] [Marinda]: but i understand
[19:35:07] [Marinda]: okay 2 questions for mesanna, easy ones
[19:35:08] [Bleak]: We willl keep this in mind for the future.
[19:35:11] [Marinda]: thank you
[19:35:29] [Marinda]: 1st question is do we have a new associate producer yet and if yes, when can we meet him/her?
[19:36:14] [Marinda]: second question is about rerunning 2 old events
[19:36:26] [Marinda]: ToT and the halloween 2008 event with the skeletal liches in graveyards
[19:36:35] [Marinda]: those are my 4 questions
[19:37:28] [Mesanna]: We can look at the Halloween one
[19:37:33] [Marinda]: okay
[19:37:33] [Mesanna]: to see if we can revamp it
[19:37:37] [Mesanna]: because it used wrong
[19:37:39] [Marinda]: would be nice to get those spellbooks again
[19:37:43] [Marinda]: no no this is the one
[19:37:47] [Marinda]: where you went to graveyards
[19:37:50] [Marinda]: to kill skeletal liches
[19:37:55] [Kyronix]: Treasures of Tokuno is what we modeled the city invasions off of
[19:38:01] [Marinda]: and got the conjurer's grimoire off their corpses
[19:38:01] [Kyronix]: And then what ended up in the dungeon downstairs
[19:38:38] [Mesanna]: Are you just wanting the dyes?
[19:38:41] [Marinda]: no
[19:38:44] [Mesanna]: or the system?
[19:38:44] [Marinda]: don't care about the dyes
[19:38:47] [Marinda]: it's the spellbooks
[19:38:54] [Mesanna]: for the TOT?
[19:38:59] [Marinda]: both events
[19:39:07] [Marinda]: the Tome of Lost Knowledge from ToT
[19:39:15] [Mesanna]: ok
[19:39:21] [Marinda]: and the Conjurer's Grimoire from the Halloween 2008 event with the liches in graveyards
[19:39:41] [Mesanna]: We can always use those items in other systems
[19:39:52] [Marinda]: okay
[19:39:58] [Marinda]: it would also be nice
[19:40:05] [Marinda]: to have some overland events we can do at any time
[19:40:09] [Marinda]: not keen on dungeons
[19:40:11] [Marinda]: too much lag
[19:40:21] [Marinda]: and hard to do things that require a group of people
[19:40:30] [Marinda]: play solo most of the time anymore
[19:40:34] [Marinda]: anyway,
[19:40:38] [Marinda]: thank you very much for your time!!
[19:40:41] [Marinda]: Good night
[19:40:46] [Mesanna]: Thank you
[19:40:54] [Aornis]: Good evening, Mesanna, Elizabella, Kyronix, Bleak, and Misk. Thank you for coming to Great Lakes.
[19:40:56] [Mesanna]: Greetings Aornis
[19:41:00] [EM Elizabella]: Hi
[19:41:12] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[19:41:18] [Aornis]: First of all, I would like to thank you for all you have done, are doing, and will do for UO.
[19:41:19] [Bleak]: Hello
[19:41:35] [Mesanna]: our pleasure
[19:41:38] [Aornis]: Your hard work is much appreciated by those of us who love this game
[19:41:54] [Aornis]: My question is about future plans. It has been almost 5 yuears since the major addition, Termur
[19:41:58] [Mesanna]: We do it because we love this game also
[19:42:08] [Aornis]: (Good to hear, UO rocks!)
[19:42:29] [Aornis]: Are there any plans for more lands? the only additions since 2009 are BT's dungeon and high seas
[19:42:43] [Aornis]: I know that I, for one, was exteremly excited a bout and hapy with the additon of trermur
[19:43:06] [Mesanna]: We have talked about alot of new things new ideas
[19:43:13] [Mesanna]: some ideas such as
[19:43:19] [Mesanna]: a new player adventure,
[19:43:26] [Mesanna]: steam punk
[19:43:42] [Kyronix]: Martian Dreams!
[19:43:58] [Mesanna]: new lands is a hard one for me because we have alot of land that is not used now
[19:44:04] [Aornis]: Those sound awesome! Are any of your ideas coming close to fruition?
[19:44:09] [Mesanna]: I would hate to add more that we would just not use
[19:44:18] [Aornis]: Ahh true. Any plans to get the lands more used?
[19:44:21] [Mesanna]: I would rather go back and revamp what we have
[19:44:27] [Mesanna]: maybe add new dungeons
[19:44:48] [Aornis]: That would be great
[19:44:52] [Mesanna]: Did I answer your question?
[19:44:58] [Aornis]: Yes, you did
[19:45:02] [Mesanna]: Oh good
[19:45:02] [Aornis]: I have one more question
[19:45:05] [Mesanna]: ok
[19:45:09] [Aornis]: More for my person curiosity
[19:45:17] [Mesanna]: Bleak did it
[19:45:22] [Aornis]: What are each of your favorite parts of UO?
[19:45:22] [Mesanna]: sorry
[19:45:23] [Aornis]: LOL
[19:45:36] [Misk]: I like suit building
[19:45:55] [Misk]: Through crafting, refining and imbuing
[19:46:23] [Kyronix]: I like fishing and old school PvP battles...if you remember the Abyss shard, that was awesome
[19:46:40] [Aornis]: Awesome : )
[19:47:19] [Bleak]: I enjoy the different combinations of skills and combat.
[19:47:31] [Misk]: Bleak likes ALL THINGS GARGOYLE!
[19:47:34] [Mesanna]: I like decorating and being creative
[19:47:38] [Aornis]: Hehe, I can tell : )
[19:47:43] [Aornis]: Gargoyles rule!
[19:47:50] [Bleak]: and Gargoyles :P
[19:48:01] [Mesanna]: and killing stuff!
[19:48:02] [Aornis]: Ahh, hehe. I do like your deco style for toons, Mesanna
[19:48:04] [Aornis]: Hehe, yes!
[19:48:09] [Mesanna]: Thanks =)
[19:48:15] [Aornis]: I have yet to have the honor of being killed by you. One day..!
[19:48:27] [Aornis]: And you, Elizabella? What's your favorite part?
[19:48:27] [Mesanna]: lol I am sure we can make it happen
[19:48:32] [Aornis]: hehe yay!
[19:48:45] [Mesanna]: she like coloring
[19:48:47] [Mesanna]: lol
[19:48:52] [Aornis]: coloring is fun hehe
[19:48:54] [EM Elizabella]: gardening :)
[19:49:00] [Aornis]: Ahh, green thumb!
[19:49:15] [EM Elizabella]: *smiles*
[19:49:17] [Aornis]: Well, thank you all for your time and your answers. Was a pleasure speaking with you all
[19:49:24] [Mesanna]: thank you
[19:49:27] [Aornis]: *bows*
[19:49:35] [Mesanna]: good evening
[19:49:37] [Kat]: Good Evening Mesanna, Misk, Kryonix, Bleak and Elizabella, thank you for coming!
[19:49:44] [Kat]: Firstly
[19:49:47] [Mesanna]: Hi Kat
[19:49:48] [Bleak]: Hello
[19:49:53] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[19:49:55] [EM Elizabella]: Hi
[19:51:07] [Kat]: since poor Kyronix cant have his hot air balloons
[19:51:15] [Kat]: I have brought him a gift
[19:51:17] [Kyronix]: Whoa whoa whoa
[19:51:29] [Kat]: Bacon!
[19:51:30] [Kyronix]: Hot Air Balloons are definitely on the table
[19:51:33] [EM Elizabella]: *giggles*
[19:51:34] [Kyronix]: I'll still take your bacon
[19:51:38] [Kat]: hehe
[19:51:41] [Kat]: secondly
[19:51:45] [Mesanna]: how did you know
[19:51:58] [Kyronix]: It tastes like...burning
[19:52:00] [Kat]: is there a possibility of getting body art for our paper dolls? tattoo's??
[19:52:11] [Mesanna]: I would love that
[19:52:13] [Kat]: something we purchase?
[19:52:18] [Kat]: and can apply?
[19:52:22] [Mesanna]: I think it would be very kewl
[19:52:26] [Kat]: me too!
[19:52:31] [Mesanna]: I will talk to our artist
[19:52:35] [Kat]: :D
[19:52:38] [Mesanna]: see how hard it would be
[19:52:41] [Kat]: thank you!
[19:52:47] [Mesanna]: and let you guys know
[19:52:52] [Kat]: thank you :)
[19:52:56] [Kat]: that was it :)
[19:53:01] [Kat]: you guys have a good evening
[19:53:05] [Mesanna]: thank you, you also
[19:53:13] [Mesanna]: Hi John
[19:53:15] [John]: Greetings all. If you did not know, this is Galen Knighthawke from Stratics.
[19:53:19] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[19:53:25] [John]: I'm copying/pasting this so it'll go quite fast unless something goes terribly wrong.
[19:53:27] [Bleak]: Hey
[19:53:34] [John]: I will stick to one question, then I'll portal-away and let you answer.
[19:53:43] [John]: I love the EM program, and our EMs in particular.
[19:53:49] [John]: I specify this because for some reason when I ask about this
[19:53:55] [John]: some people think I don't.
[19:54:02] [John]: Given that I love the EM events, I still must ask:
[19:54:17] [John]: Will there ever again be a story-driven global event, with temporary but persistent content?
[19:54:24] [John]: Thank you. I will go away and let you answer now.
[19:54:41] [Kyronix]: Yes there will be
[19:54:45] [Kyronix]: It's going to be awesome!
[19:54:59] [Kyronix]: Thanks!
[19:55:00] [Mesanna]: thank you Galen
[19:55:09] [Mesanna]: Hi Oxie
[19:55:26] [Oxie]: Thought you guys fel sleep :)
[19:55:26] [Mesanna]: one question only guys
[19:55:31] [Oxie]: Thank you for all the work you guys do.
[19:55:37] [Mesanna]: thank you
[19:56:15] [Mesanna]: Oxie do you have a question?
[19:56:15] [Oxie]: Spell waving power ups losing a 6 powr upto hyelp somone new 5 m;inites later
[19:56:33] [Oxie]: this discourages helping each other
[19:56:47] [Misk]: Enough of the Chivalry?
[19:56:55] [Oxie]: I notice people asking power ups every 30 to 60 minutes
[19:57:09] [Oxie]: maybe a arcane Crystalel vending machine atbrit bank
[19:57:18] [EM Elizabella]: If you put your spellbooks in a bag you won't spam.
[19:57:23] [Oxie]: that loads the same number of power that the last group powered up with?
[19:57:30] [Oxie]: or if they lasted longer?
[19:57:35] [Oxie]: I am done thank you again
[19:57:36] [Misk]: I agree that If you have a more powerful Focus you should not be over-written
[19:58:00] [Oxie]: All follow me
[19:58:01] [Oxie]: exactly
[19:58:05] [Oxie]: thank you Misk
[19:58:09] [Misk]: We can look into not overwriting a more powerful focus if you help others
[19:58:16] [Mesanna]: I agree
[19:58:18] [Mesanna]: wait
[19:58:31] [Oxie]: ?
[19:58:32] [Mesanna]: ok you have your book back
[19:58:36] [Mesanna]: you can go now
[19:58:43] [Mesanna]: we took your spell book
[19:58:44] [Oxie]: bok?
[19:58:52] [Mesanna]: to stop you from casting
[19:58:55] [Mesanna]: next
[19:58:59] [Mesanna]: hi Kysanthe
[19:59:03] [Kysanthe]: hello all!
[19:59:13] [Bleak]: Hi
[19:59:18] [Misk]: Hello!
[19:59:20] [Kysanthe]: I wanted to start by thanking all of you. I started playing this game when it first came out
[19:59:28] [Mesanna]: wonderful
[19:59:35] [Kysanthe]: I've had the priviledge to be a counselor in the past
[19:59:47] [Kysanthe]: Now I have the joy of reliving it with my 12 year old son
[19:59:55] [Kyronix]: That's awesome
[19:59:56] [Mesanna]: thats great
[19:59:58] [Kyronix]: Grow your own guild!
[19:59:59] [Kysanthe]: I have a few thoughts
[19:59:59] [EM Elizabella]: *smiles*
[20:00:13] [Kysanthe]: as previously stated. I also would like to see ToT artifacts return
[20:00:33] [Kysanthe]: We spend a lot of time in fandancer and would love to have some of the artifacts we missed when it came out
[20:00:53] [Kysanthe]: I love that you guys have worked really hard an player retention
[20:01:05] [Kysanthe]: However I see 3-4 IDOCS daily
[20:01:15] [Kysanthe]: and while atlantic and GL are going strong
[20:01:24] [Kysanthe]: many other servers have become ghost towns
[20:01:40] [Kysanthe]: I was hoping that you were working on ideas for attracting new players
[20:01:51] [Kysanthe]: Perhaps advertising
[20:01:56] [Mesanna]: we are always working on ideas
[20:02:07] [Kysanthe]: a refresh on the client would help - and i've heard you are working on that
[20:02:16] [Mesanna]: yes we are
[20:02:30] [Kysanthe]: I think pirates and boat combat is thrilling and exciting and would love to have more of it
[20:02:50] [Mesanna]: I would love to give it a bit of love also
[20:02:51] [Kysanthe]: I love the town of Moonglow and hate that it has become a ghost town.
[20:03:06] [Kysanthe]: This is likely an unpopular idea - but i would like you to consider reducing the cap
[20:03:14] [Mesanna]: any ideas you might have we would love to hear them
[20:03:15] [Kysanthe]: of lower reagent cost to something like 50%
[20:03:23] [Mesanna]: we are always open to good ideas
[20:03:28] [Kysanthe]: to inspire people to start using and carrying reagents again
[20:03:50] [Kysanthe]: Lastly, I wanted to give praise to the EM's and the roleplayers on this shard
[20:04:03] [Kysanthe]: They have been incredibly kind and helpful to myself and my son
[20:04:08] [Mesanna]: The EM's on GL's are really good
[20:04:14] [Kysanthe]: and have made us feel welcome and immediately involved.
[20:04:16] [Mesanna]: I am very proud of both of them
[20:04:19] [Kysanthe]: thank you for your time.
[20:04:21] [EM Elizabella]: Thank you :)
[20:04:23] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:04:30] [Mesanna]: hi Nia
[20:04:41] [Nia]: Greetings and felicitations!
[20:04:50] [Nia]: Long time listener, first time caller...
[20:04:56] [Mesanna]: Hi
[20:04:57] [Nia]: =)
[20:05:16] [Nia]: Can I just say to The Frog Prince, I love his Discover Card commercial. ;)
[20:05:23] [Mesanna]: lol
[20:05:43] [Nia]: Ok, I have 4 quick (I hope) questions.
[20:05:50] [Mesanna]: 1
[20:05:59] [Nia]: 1) Will the pet revamp include some new ridable pets like maybe regular dragons?
[20:06:16] [Mesanna]: Probably not a new ridable
[20:06:24] [Mesanna]: and dragons are hard due to the size
[20:06:29] [Nia]: Ok
[20:06:41] [Mesanna]: they are to big to straddle
[20:06:52] [Nia]: 2) Can you ad some sorting or filtering features to the Davies Table and Seed Boxes?
[20:07:37] [Mesanna]: we can look into it
[20:07:42] [Nia]: Thank you.
[20:07:51] [Mesanna]: adding it to our long list of things we would like to do
[20:08:16] [Nia]: 3) For those of us who are design-challenged, any possibility of new prefab house designs?
[20:08:31] [Mesanna]: yes we have talked about this
[20:08:41] [Nia]: Awesome
[20:08:54] [Mesanna]: we would like to put in some new designs
[20:09:01] [Mesanna]: from castles down
[20:09:10] [Nia]: Nice. That would be spectacular.
[20:09:27] [Mesanna]: maybe let you guys design the new ones
[20:09:42] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:09:48] [Nia]: Thanks. my last question
[20:10:10] [Nia]: I applied for the counselor program when all is said and done with it will I know if I was or was
[20:10:20] [Nia]: not selected so I don't wonder forever?
[20:10:33] [Mesanna]: email me and I will let you know
[20:10:48] [Nia]: mesanna@broadsword.com right?
[20:10:53] [Mesanna]: yes
[20:11:04] [Mesanna]: thats correct
[20:11:05] [Nia]: I will do that. Thank you very much for your time and all of your
[20:11:09] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:11:09] [Nia]: hard work.
[20:11:17] [Mesanna]: have a good evening
[20:11:21] [Nia]: We've come a long way since my early dial-up uo days!
[20:11:39] [Nia]: Thank you and have a wonderful evening.
[20:11:39] [Mesanna]: yes we have
[20:11:45] [Mesanna]: You also
[20:11:58] [Mesanna]: Greetings Willa
[20:12:27] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Thank you Mesanna, Kyronix, Bleak, Misk and Elizabella.
[20:13:25] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: I was wondering... Spellbooks, specifically can we every please have them be imbuable.
[20:13:48] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: You can imbue every other type of thing or buy what you need in a slayer
[20:13:52] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: But you can't with spellbooks
[20:13:57] [Mesanna]: but if we did that then we would do away with inscription
[20:14:12] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And could mages please have talismans work for them.
[20:14:23] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: I still need to fill the books and I still need to make them
[20:14:39] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: So I still need inscription
[20:14:54] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And you still have to craft armor to imbue it
[20:15:16] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: So technically its the same thing
[20:15:21] [Mesanna]: Makes sense Willa
[20:15:42] [Misk]: It does not make sense that a warrior can have two slayers active, while a mage cannot
[20:15:44] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: It's just that to make a scrappers I have to do 100's and 100's of peerless
[20:15:54] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And the chance of getting a slayer is next to none
[20:16:23] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And Talisman slayers like Vermin and such don't add anything for a mage
[20:16:35] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Which is not fair.
[20:16:51] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Just saying.
[20:17:11] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Anyway that was my thought was I would really appreciate some thought on mage spellbook slayers.
[20:17:30] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Also on your pet revamp.... can I please tame Dread Spiders?
[20:17:38] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And could we have a ridable Spider?
[20:17:49] [Mesanna]: that would be kewl
[20:17:54] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Wouldn't it!
[20:17:56] [Mesanna]: I would ride a spider
[20:18:24] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Well not me personally I would never be caught dead on a spider but.... I do know some "evil" folk who would love it
[20:18:40] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Just wondering....
[20:19:09] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: And thank you for your time.
[20:19:13] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:19:14] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Most appreciated.
[20:19:19] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: I do miss our chats Mesanna
[20:19:33] [Willa of the Yew-Wood]: Be will
[20:19:38] [Mesanna]: you also
[20:19:45] [Mortal Crux]: soup!
[20:19:47] [Mesanna]: Hi Mortaql
[20:19:49] [Mesanna]: ack
[20:19:52] [Mesanna]: Mortal
[20:19:52] [Mortal Crux]: oh man
[20:19:55] [Mortal Crux]: foul
[20:19:56] [Mortal Crux]: !
[20:19:59] [Mortal Crux]: jay kay
[20:20:06] [Mortal Crux]: love you guys, love uo mostly etc
[20:20:36] [Mortal Crux]: could it be considered to remove the free cure from having poisoning?
[20:20:54] [Mortal Crux]: paired with the ability to lethal its pretty strong for pvp
[20:21:17] [Mortal Crux]: the extra .25 spell cast of arch cure can make or break really
[20:21:20] [Mesanna]: yes can consider it but why?
[20:21:50] [Mortal Crux]: mage duels in particular are a big fuel for the pvpers to play the game
[20:22:11] [Mortal Crux]: in a mage duel clutch poisons are the difference between winning and losing
[20:22:39] [Mesanna]: but do you not think they have earned that
[20:22:40] [Mortal Crux]: if you have poisoning and get free cures it really hinders templates that dont use it
[20:22:46] [Mesanna]: they invested the skill
[20:23:13] [Mortal Crux]: i think the ability to lethal posion and require alternate cures then a standard cure spell is
[20:23:21] [Mortal Crux]: quite reason enough to gm it
[20:23:36] [Mesanna]: We will talk about it with the focus group
[20:23:45] [Mesanna]: see what their take on this is
[20:24:04] [Mortal Crux]: one last thing, would it be possible to toggle the casting focus if you have inscription?
[20:24:17] [Mortal Crux]: inscription is nice, but casting focus is yucky
[20:24:37] [Misk]: how is casting focus "yucky" ?
[20:24:47] [Mortal Crux]: it seems to cause a very slight delay due to adding an additional check
[20:25:14] [Mortal Crux]: and it causes a personal delay in staring to see if you get a focus on each cast
[20:25:26] [Mortal Crux]: so you dont cancel your focus by casting another
[20:25:55] [Bleak]: is this CovenantX?
[20:26:03] [Mortal Crux]: nope, but he is a guildie
[20:26:04] [Mortal Crux]: ;)
[20:26:06] [Bleak]: haha
[20:26:23] [Misk]: Bleak can answer that question
[20:26:42] [Mortal Crux]: we should all get in vent together, you guys would ban us and come to our house and beat us up
[20:26:50] [Mortal Crux]: we over analyize game mechanics
[20:26:51] [Mortal Crux]: ;p
[20:26:51] [Bleak]: We will pass both points along to the focus group
[20:27:10] [Mortal Crux]: alright, i appreciate it. sorry to break the flow with pvp questions
[20:27:39] [Mortal Crux]: last thing, stone form protection
[20:27:46] [Mortal Crux]: but i nor you need to say anything else
[20:27:47] [Mortal Crux]: ;p
[20:27:50] [Mortal Crux]: be safe
[20:27:54] [Mesanna]: good night
[20:28:00] [Mesanna]: Hi Tye
[20:28:04] [Tye Weatherlight]: Hello UO Dev team, i just have 1 simple question!
[20:28:09] [Bleak]: 42
[20:28:11] [Mesanna]: Great
[20:28:42] [Tye Weatherlight]: Were is the best place to sumbit serious content ideas were they will be seen by you?
[20:28:51] [Tye Weatherlight]: otherwise ill be here all month
[20:28:55] [Mesanna]: To my email address
[20:28:59] [Mesanna]: I will send them to the team
[20:29:18] [Tye Weatherlight]: ok thanke, I'm done :)
[20:29:22] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:29:30] [Lilly Ann]: Is there anyway for begging to get used other then 1 holiday i would love to kiss npc's for gifts
[20:29:30] [Mesanna]: Hi Lilly
[20:29:43] [Lilly Ann]: or for maybe caroling ?
[20:30:00] [Lilly Ann]: sorry i hate to type
[20:30:13] [Lilly Ann]: come on dont you see the kissing going on all over the game
[20:30:21] [Lilly Ann]: feel the love in the air
[20:30:36] [Mesanna]: *speechless here*
[20:30:40] [Lilly Ann]: :)
[20:31:07] [Mesanna]: I have nothing for begging
[20:31:13] [Kyronix]: We are always thinking of the less than useful skills
[20:31:19] [Lilly Ann]: other thing i would like to say is world chat had made game play bad
[20:31:34] [Lilly Ann]: cant fel have there own chat
[20:31:50] [Mesanna]: we have been asked this before
[20:32:05] [Lilly Ann]: would make for better play
[20:32:17] [Lilly Ann]: i miss the days of going to the bank and chating there
[20:32:31] [Mesanna]: For what I have seen lately
[20:32:33] [Lilly Ann]: there no need now
[20:32:42] [Lilly Ann]: the cussing is just bad
[20:32:56] [Mesanna]: I don't think its going to make a difference
[20:32:57] [Lilly Ann]: and you can only block so many people
[20:33:16] [Lilly Ann]: well if you can only hear from tram or from fel
[20:33:35] [Lilly Ann]: it would not be junk talk about who killed who
[20:34:05] [Lilly Ann]: i mean i turn mine off but i miss out on people talking
[20:34:39] [Lilly Ann]: anyways all i have to say love you all great job
[20:35:00] [Lilly Ann]: still there?
[20:35:08] [Mesanna]: yes we are
[20:35:12] [Mesanna]: yes we can
[20:35:25] [Mesanna]: this is what we talked about it earlier
[20:35:49] [Mesanna]: you are saying you do not want it to be a general channel right
[20:35:49] [Lilly Ann]: i must of missed it was at work came in late
[20:35:54] [Mesanna]: you want a tram and a fel channel
[20:35:56] [Mesanna]: is that correct
[20:36:07] [Lilly Ann]: no i dont want to hear from fel
[20:36:07] [Mesanna]: so you want a divided channel?
[20:36:20] [Lilly Ann]: amd all the chatting about there killings
[20:36:40] [Lilly Ann]: and there cussing because they cant play and fight nicely
[20:36:45] [Misk]: We will look into it
[20:36:56] [Lilly Ann]: well fel is fel and tram is tram
[20:37:10] [Mesanna]: we are aware
[20:37:16] [Lilly Ann]: not everyone does the fel thing
[20:37:50] [Mesanna]: we will look into more filter options maybe
[20:37:54] [Lilly Ann]: i mean think abou tit this way new people see everything thats said from both sides
[20:37:55] [Mesanna]: something
[20:38:08] [Lilly Ann]: that would be good
[20:38:11] [Mesanna]: We understand Lilly
[20:38:14] [Lilly Ann]: or more to block
[20:38:23] [Lilly Ann]: cus i dont want to hear them all
[20:38:39] [Lilly Ann]: ok i have taken up to much time ty
[20:38:45] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:38:54] [Mesanna]: Hi FP
[20:38:54] [The Frog Prince]: Hi! Promise just a quick-ribbit!
[20:38:57] [The Frog Prince]: :]
[20:39:10] [Mesanna]: 1 question
[20:39:15] [The Frog Prince]: long time ago think there was mention of additional clothing...
[20:39:22] [The Frog Prince]: additional shoes, pants, shirts, etc
[20:39:32] [The Frog Prince]: anythink like that in the near/far future-ribbits?
[20:39:51] [Mesanna]: when we have time for our artist we want to add new clothing
[20:39:52] [Mesanna]: yes
[20:40:05] [The Frog Prince]: kk tyty *waves and hops!*
[20:40:08] [The Frog Prince]: =D
[20:40:10] [Mesanna]: welcome =)
[20:40:21] [Mesanna]: Hi Britannic
[20:40:28] [Britannic]: Hello!
[20:40:39] [Britannic]: I have just 1 question as I forgot to ask it earlier.
[20:40:39] [Mesanna]: wb
[20:40:43] [Mesanna]: lol ok
[20:41:01] [Britannic]: I have a thief that just has Ninjitsu as her weapon skill for use with shurikens.
[20:41:24] [Britannic]: But I wanted to use a weapon that has UBWS and I don't think that recognizes Ninjitsu. Can that be fixed?
[20:41:40] [Misk]: Ninjitsu is not a weapon skill
[20:42:07] [Britannic]: It is if you are a ninja
[20:42:40] [Misk]: so with that reasoning, my tailor should be using UBWS too?
[20:42:59] [Britannic]: Tailoring is not used to drive a weapon.
[20:43:07] [Britannic]: Ninjitsu does.
[20:43:18] [Britannic]: Therefore it is a weapon skill.
[20:43:30] [Mesanna]: not going to argue
[20:43:34] [Mesanna]: to hungry for this
[20:43:51] [Britannic]: Okay. It was worth asking. Not arguing.
[20:43:56] [Mesanna]: lol
[20:44:13] [Mesanna]: its ok
[20:44:26] [Britannic]: Thanks again for your time this evening.
[20:44:32] [Mesanna]: No worries
[20:44:37] [Misk]: Thank you ;)
[20:44:39] [Mesanna]: Last question
[20:44:44] [CRuento tIMorE]: Hail Gods of UO & crafting!
[20:44:50] [Kyronix]: Hello!
[20:44:54] [CRuento tIMorE]: I have a quality of life area of concern pretaining to suit construction.
[20:45:08] [CRuento tIMorE]: Do any of you remember the character creation menu on how you can select your own desired begi
[20:45:11] [Mesanna]: Greetings
[20:45:22] [CRuento tIMorE]: nning stats?
[20:45:30] [Kyronix]: Sure
[20:45:30] [Misk]: Yes
[20:45:35] [CRuento tIMorE]: I was wondering if it were possible to add an arrow up/down
[20:45:41] [CRuento tIMorE]: increase/decrease base resist altering option on tools for armor crafting?
[20:45:51] [CRuento tIMorE]: Take a look if you will, I have prepared examples in the box to show the specifics at which I aim
[20:46:08] [CRuento tIMorE]: Ontop of the column
[20:46:19] [CRuento tIMorE]: These 17 examples have taken well over 20k leather resources to craft.
[20:46:35] [CRuento tIMorE]: It would save a tremendous amount of time if I crafters were able to craft the specific base res
[20:46:48] [CRuento tIMorE]: Especially considering the amount of randomness that reforging can yield.
[20:47:05] [CRuento tIMorE]: What are your thoughts on this idea?
[20:47:30] [Kyronix]: So just so we understand
[20:47:43] [Kyronix]: You want to be able to craft a piece with base resists you choose
[20:47:50] [CRuento tIMorE]: Correct, & save
[20:47:53] [Kyronix]: Rather than rolling the dice to see what you craft?
[20:48:06] [CRuento tIMorE]: Except, not removing the random craft option
[20:48:16] [Kyronix]: Just offering it as an alternative?
[20:48:20] [CRuento tIMorE]: Correct
[20:48:32] [Kyronix]: Something for us to consider, you've got us talking :)
[20:48:41] [CRuento tIMorE]: Thank you for your time
[20:48:46] [CRuento tIMorE]: That is all
[20:48:50] [CRuento tIMorE]: *bows*
[20:48:58] [CRuento tIMorE]: *grabs box*
[20:49:07] [Kyronix]: I thought that was for us....
[20:49:07] [Mesanna]: items like that gives us alot of good ideas
[20:49:09] [Mesanna]: thank you
[20:49:19] [Kyronix]: I thought we were getting pressies....
[20:49:25] [Kyronix]: Hrmph
[20:49:35] [Mesanna]: GL's thank you for having us
[20:49:37] [Misk]: You got bacon
[20:49:41] [Kyronix]: Yayyyy
[20:49:43] [Kyronix]: Thanks everyone!
[20:49:53] [Mesanna]: as always we appreciate you taking the time to come out and spend with us
[20:51:13] [Mesanna]: if you have any good ideas for Vet rewards please send them to me
[20:51:26] [Misk]: She will even accept BAD ideas
[20:51:56] [Mesanna]: and on that note
[20:51:58] [Misk]: Thank you all for coming out :)
[20:52:03] [Mesanna]: I am going to eat dinner!!
[20:52:11] [Mesanna]: thank you Bella for helping tonight
[20:52:13] [Bleak]: Thanks gals and guys!
[20:52:16] [EM Elizabella]: Thank you Mesanna, Misk, Bleak, and Kyronix for meeting with us :)
0 x

-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Post Reply

Return to “General GL Chat”