Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Governor's Christmas/Yule event

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Here is a brief snowball of ideas on what I'm thinking.

I'd like to request the EMs set up a Christmas tree in each city near the stone
(I can supply the deeds) along with a few gift boxes (again I can supply)

I've baked apple pies (I think) by Mrs Claus, Meat pies by (Santa Claus)
I'd like to have 7 more Christmas themed crafted or cooked items that can be maker marked (like Crafted by Santa's Elves) or something like that.

I'd like to get some way players to get into the each city, perhaps singing Christmas music? Or delivering goods for the poor (aka the trees are giving trees and they can get a "poor persons" request and we use that as part of a scavenger hunt)

Nothing too difficult or extravagant but definitely rp themed.

What if we use the Trader Missions/Quests as service to the poor? What if we did 1 or 2 quests drag them out for as much spawn as we can with a group of players? Then the question is do we as Governor's take the quest or do we let a citizen? Then rally and support to keep the questing player alive. or 1 Sea quest and 1 land?

The items delivered in these quests could in theory be requests from struggling merchants, tradesman, or food items requested to help feed the hungry. I know it's random but it fits the theme.
0 x

Dot Warner
City Governor
Character Age: 248
Character Alignment: Chaotic Good
Guild Affiliation: City-State of Britain
Guild Abbreviation: Brit

Re: Governor's Christmas/Yule event

Post by Dot Warner » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:42 am

The tree idea wounds nice, though I'd suggest making the illusory stacked trees to get some height. (Three trees on the bottom row, two trees raised up behind, one raised up higher.) If done right, they look pretty good. May need to play with them a bit though.

We could ask that people come dressed as elves or something to deliver presents from city to city. If carols are involved, I'd strongly suggest limiting them to the secular ones. If most people took one of the trade orders then the chances to spawn things would go up considerably. The spawn is rather manageable on land, so there shouldn't be too much worry about less-skilled characters being slain. (I'd suggest NOT doing any by sea, as that could quickly become a bloodbath for just about anyone...think multiple overpowered fire breaths at once)
0 x

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Re: Governor's Christmas/Yule event

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Oooh I like the idea of Christmas elves or costumes that would add some dimension. They could drop gifts on city stones, just random like trade quest bits stackable items requested only so we don't max out the stones.

Along the way from each city or at the end they get a "sampler basket" like from hickory farms or whatever UO style.
0 x

Return to “General GL Chat”