Log of the Fifth Governors' Council 10/26/13

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Fifth Governors' Council 10/26/13

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 pm

NOTE: These logs are unedited and uncensored. Griefer content has NOT been removed.

Dot Warner: Explain yourself, mason!
Sloan the Mason: *haughtily* Explain what? I'm here ta see the Council, gots a summons'n all.
Luther: *looks up*
Dot Warner: I summoned you. Explain why you went to Deceit for the bricks my office is constructed from.
Sloan the Mason: I dunno what tha devil yer talking about bit... er... ma’am.
Roland: Jacob used to have training grounds right out side of town
Dot Warner: *holds up pieces of ledger* Oh really?
Luther: Eh... this is the guy you were talking about?
: Luther says: Eh... this is the guy you were talking about?
Luther: *looks him over*
Sloan the Mason: *gulps* Uhm... I lost that weeks ago.
Dot Warner: *nods* Aye, in Deceit...where you tore apart a crypt for its bricks. What happened to the stone I provided?
Sloan the Mason: I...er... We'd beee’n need’n special bricks...
Dot Warner: SPECIAL BRICKS?! *forcefully grabs Sloan by the shirt* People died man!
Sloan the Mason: Ow! Yer hurt’n me!
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *frowns*
Dot Warner: *menacingly* Good.
Leonardo Reyas: *looks at the Governor*
Sloan the Mason: Fine... Fine... I sold yer granite and stole tha damn bricks.
Sloan the Mason: Id hoped that musty ole corpse woulda flooded tha north city wi' undead.
Luther: Hrmmm
Dot Warner: *twisting his shirt* Why?
Luther: *scratches goatee as he listens*
Sloan the Mason: *cringing* Cuzza Blackthorn, a'ight? They mighta killed tha fancypants shister!
Dot Warner: You did all this trying to commit regicide?! Bloody moron...
Miss Kitty: oy vey
Sloan the Mason: That pretender left good men like me father holdn tha bag when he hookd up
Sloan the Mason: with Exodus.
Sloan the Mason: Tha Chaos Knights were decimated...me father killed. Blackthorn must pay fer
Sloan the Mason: abandoning them!
Dot Warner: Fool. *releases the mason* Thats been tried and failed already. Not even an original villainous plan.
Luther: Lad... that was not the current King Blackthorn
Luther: *places a hand on his shoulder*
Sloan the Mason: I'm notta villain! I'm a patriot!
Luther: that was a corrupted version
Dot Warner: *looks to Sherriff Luther* Remove this idiot from my sight.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: You are a murderer.
Dot Warner: Charge him with grave robbery, two counts of murder and one count of attempted regicide. Find him a nice dark hole.
Roland: see i had a personal guide, he caught me up
Luther: *nods*
Sloan the Mason: No! *struggles* Ye canna do this! He must pay!
Sloan the Mason: He must pay!
Luther: M'lady, as you wish
Roland: Poly i think you know him, goes by Minion?
Dot Warner: *sighs*
Luther: *grabs Sloan by the back of his collar*
Luther: *pulls along*
Luther: With me mate
Walter Tyrell: oh?
Dot Warner: *glares at Sloan*
Luther: You'll have a fair trial
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Minion?
Luther: don't worry
Polynikes of Yew: *frowns*
Luther: *drags*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: The dear sweet Gargoyle who works at my Theatre
Roland: *nods*
Luther: I'll see that they give you a pretty room in the jail
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles*
Roland: he a great guide
Willa of the Yew-Wood: What a nice thing for him to do.
Dot Warner: Glad that's over with.
Roland: Showed me all over Yew, he's the only reason i knew where this place was
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Really?
John: Your grace.
Roland: Aye
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well that was very good of him.
pabII: Sire
John: *bows*
Dot Warner: Your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to our fifth Council meeting.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Oh..... You Majesty good Evening.
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
Dadelous: Good Evening your majesty
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Good eve, m'lord.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: I ask that he or she send me a pigeon at [elizabella@uoem.net] or [malachi@uoem.net].
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for your town,
King Blackthorn: Send a petition by pigeon to [malachi@uoem.net] at least three days before a Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: Then be prepared to discuss your request and answer questions about it at the Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: A primer on the procedures of this council has been written.
King Blackthorn: (You can find it on greatlakes.uoem.net, click on the Royal Council link on the righthand side).
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each govenor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from the Yew side this meeting. Governor Willa, you have the floor.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Oh my
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well now
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I don't know if you know but we had a very lovely Costume Contest
Willa of the Yew-Wood: and House of Horrors
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Which was quite fun......
Willa of the Yew-Wood: At my Theatre there in Yew
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I am afraid several people did die quite a few times
Willa of the Yew-Wood: But I think they all had fun
Thorreain: i died alot
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And there have been some rather nasty invasions in my city
Willa of the Yew-Wood: But the citizens have rallied to keep us safe.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank the gods
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I'm still waiting to see if I get a bridge or dock but we'll see.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I hear vesper got a nice stable
Leonardo Reyas: *nods*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Anyway I have reports about Minax items being found
Leonardo Reyas: I use it regularly!
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Items bearing the crest of Minax
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Bit concerning
Willa of the Yew-Wood: That's all I had though.
Matthias O'Hare: *looks over*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I was done dear
Matthias O'Hare: I must say the addition of the stables has been quite nice for the city of Vesper
Matthias O'Hare: we have had many new people showing their face in the city because of it
Matthias O'Hare: It is encouraging I must say
Matthias O'Hare: *smiles*
Matthias O'Hare: I continue to receive complaints from the Merchants' Guild
Matthias O'Hare: about pirate activity in the Valorian Seas near Jhelom
Matthias O'Hare: I had hoped to dispatch a ship loaded with militia to quell the issue... but unfortunately
Matthias O'Hare: like the other cities
Matthias O'Hare: Vesper is besieged by minion of Minax
Matthias O'Hare: So I must say m'lord, our hands are tied in Vesper, our ships raided upon the high seas
Matthias O'Hare: and our city pillaged by Minax
Matthias O'Hare: With that, I yield to the lovely city of Skara Brae
Neptune: *nods*
Neptune: we haven’t had much time to do anything but defend ourselves
Neptune: from the curse from papua
Roland: were going to be awhile
Neptune: that somehow got loose to our shores
Neptune: to the minax invasions
Luther: *nods to Govenor Warner*
Neptune: we have had our hands tied
Neptune: i have dispatched the fleet to lock down the serpent pillar
Neptune: an ordered everyone to be ready at all times
Neptune: sorry it's not much but been to busy defending the city
Walter Tyrell: We have had quite a bit of activity in Moonglow since the last meeting your Majesty.
Walter Tyrell: Our merchants are a tad miffed with Skara’s blockade though
Walter Tyrell: We set up a mortuary in Moonglow to help distribute the bones of the newly deceased to their loved
Walter Tyrell: ones . Public response was very positive. I want to thank all the citizens that helped
Walter Tyrell: in this activity.
Walter Tyrell: Response to the sporadic invasions has been encouraging. Citizens from all over the lands
Walter Tyrell: have been helping . I hope this will continue.
Walter Tyrell: Finally the citizens of Moonglow made substantial donations of gold and valuables to support
Walter Tyrell: the Harvest Festivals House of Horrors Drop house. I want to thank the Governors of Britain,
Walter Tyrell: Yew and Vesper for letting us participate in such an uplifting event.
Dot Warner: *nods*
Walter Tyrell: That is all I have to report at this time Your Majesty.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Good eve, yer Majesty, Gov'ners, an' citizens...
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: I wish I could say that affairs in Trinsic were quiet, 'owe'er, sadly, I be also aware
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: that Trinsic's woes arenae alone.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: We share in th' dangers that face th' kingdom united.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: O' course, we in Trinsic are a bit more wary, as we seem t' end up th' stagin' grounds
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: in major invasions, so we're workin' fast an' 'ard t' prevent such from occurin'.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Last thing any o' us want is a bloody lich runnin' 'is affairs out o' our walls ag'in.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Aside from th' shared dangers our realm faces, our citizenry 'ave banded t'gether t' supply
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: th' necessary materials t' build th' Gov'ner's office, so I shall contact th' builders in th' near
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: future on that regard.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Elsewise, th' citizens o' Trinsic 'ave asked me t' let all know
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: we stand ready t' aid others as well in these dark times.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Our best chance at drivin' these evils away is t' band t'gether.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *nods*
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: That be all I 'ave from Trinsic. Gov'nor Warner, I yield t' ye.
Dot Warner: Thank you your Majesty, Governor Fl'Gith.
Dot Warner: Britain had seen a marked increase in undead activity in recent weeks, altogether unrelated to the usual build up approaching All Hallow's.
Dot Warner: The cause was traced back to the theft of bricks from a crypt in Deceit and thenecromancer spirit behind it.
Dot Warner: A deal was struck to end the assault. In fact, the mason responsible for the theft wasarrested just prior to this meeting.
Dot Warner: He had tried to use the spirit as a rather lame attempt at regicide.
Dot Warner: *looks to the King* Fortunately, he failed your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain has come under attack by the minions of Minax thrice this week, each time they were repelled by skilled citizens.
Dot Warner: I fully anticipate that trend to continue.
Dot Warner: That is all, your Majesty. I yield the floor to Governor Kitty.
Miss Kitty: Hello
Miss Kitty: well
Miss Kitty: the people of Magincia are having a blast the past two months
Miss Kitty: these are teh types of things i was talking about last time we gathered
Miss Kitty: awesome job
Miss Kitty: funds are flowwing to the coffers in quite the large fashion
Miss Kitty: people seem to be out and having fun
Miss Kitty: the guild of Gv held a nice little pvp even a few weeks back
pabII: *furrows brow*
Miss Kitty: plenty of good fun
Miss Kitty: and even more gold
Miss Kitty: i thank them
Miss Kitty: it was a blast
Miss Kitty: i am sorry aboutthe bricks issue in your town
Miss Kitty: i cant image having people who want to destroy our town
Miss Kitty: tis a shame haveiong citizens like that
Miss Kitty: but nothing but good things to report
Miss Kitty: no pirate issues
Miss Kitty: love the minax issues
pabII: *frowns*
Miss Kitty: Alista all yours
Alista Laleyan: Your Majesty, Honored Governors...
Alista Laleyan: First Thank you, Your Majesty for not calling on me first this time.
Alista Laleyan: *grins*
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Roland: *smiles*
Alista Laleyan: Jhelom has had a town meeting and I have actually met a true Jhelomite.
Alista Laleyan: His Majesty also graced us with his presence. and we are thankful for that.
Alista Laleyan: Jhelom, as the other towns has been fighting back invaders, and I appreciate the assistance we have gotten from the other cities.
Alista Laleyan: The High Council has also been very helpful with this. They have also altered their constitution recently, and Jhelom is seeking a Citizen to hold the Councilors seat for that organization.
Alista Laleyan: We will be having another town meeting the first Saturday in November, and I will bring that issue up at that time -- assuming the city isn't under attack.
Alista Laleyan: We were planning on holding an event this month other than a town meeting, but with everything else going on I thought it in the best interests of everyone if we held off till things calm down a bit.
Alista Laleyan: That is all I have.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now speak.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles at Magnus*
Magnus Grey: Your Majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: I direct you all to the public reports of invasion by Minax's forces.
Magnus Grey: We also have a zombie problem that originated in Papua, but is being dealt with.
Thorreain: if your here to end them i'm going to kill ya
Magnus Grey: Your Majesty, I have more for the weekly security meeting that I don't wish to disclose publicly.
Roland: *chuckles*
Miss Kitty: amen Thorreain
Miss Kitty: loving them
King Blackthorn: Thank you, Minister Grey.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns and the National Security briefing.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, congratulations on your successful costume party.
King Blackthorn: I am also glad to hear your citizens rallied against the invasions.
King Blackthorn: I have not yet heard from the builders about your bridge and dock requests.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: WAs so nice I even made a special box seat for you if ever we have a nice show at the Theatre again.
King Blackthorn: *smiles* How thoughtful.
King Blackthorn: *looks at notes*
King Blackthorn: Governor O'Hare, I hope Vesper can stay strong against these incursions.
King Blackthorn: Governor Neptune, I hope the same for Skara Brae.
King Blackthorn: Governor Tyrell, my condolences on the deaths of your citizens to the zombie scourge.
King Blackthorn: The Royal Guard and other forces are working hard to end that plague.
King Blackthorn: Governor Fl'Gith, I hope Trinsic's paladins can stay strong against the incursions.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: *nods*
King Blackthorn: The governor's office you mention might be a good rallying point for your troops.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I am pleased to hear that you handled the undead problem so deftly.
Dot Warner: Thank you, your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: I trust that you will be able to defend our capital city just as adeptly.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kitty, I am pleased that things are going so well on New Magincia.
King Blackthorn: Governor Laleylan, I am glad to see you strengthening the bonds with your citizens.
King Blackthorn: And also between your citizens and other cities.
King Blackthorn: No doubt that will the city of Valor well in these trying times.
Alista Laleyan: *smiles and doesn't say a word.*
King Blackthorn: No doubt that will serve the city of Valor well in these trying times.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: Many requests and conveniences were implemented by the builders.
King Blackthorn: Offices were built for the governors of Yew, Skara Brae, Britain, Moonglow, and Jhelom.
King Blackthorn: The builders did a superb job with these offices, each of which fits the architecture of its town.
King Blackthorn: Other governors may read the books at either end of the table
King Blackthorn: about how to place such a request.
King Blackthorn: Also, the builders have built a stable in Vesper and staffed it as well.
King Blackthorn: A governor may only place one request per term.
King Blackthorn: I urge governors to consider their requests carefully.
King Blackthorn: I wish to state definitively that moongates will not be added to any town. (Per Mesanna)
King Blackthorn: Please also keep in mind that some granted requests may not be permanent additions,
King Blackthorn: as stated in the primer.
King Blackthorn: The governors' offices and Vesper stables are permanent though.
King Blackthorn: Turning to other requests that have been received. *shuffles large stack of papers*
King Blackthorn: We'll start with Britain.
King Blackthorn: Britain has already had one request granted this term.
King Blackthorn: However, for future reference, I will address Governor Warner's requests.
King Blackthorn: The request to change East Side Park would have been denied,
King Blackthorn: as I find it particularly beautiful as is.
King Blackthorn: The request concerning the beach area may have been granted, if the governor
King Blackthorn: needed it changed for an event (or plotline).
King Blackthorn: Britain may re-submit this request next term if they like.
King Blackthorn: We shall turn now to Moonglow.
King Blackthorn: Moonglow has already had one request granted this term.
King Blackthorn: However, for future reference, I will address Governor Tyrell's requests.
King Blackthorn: The request for a Level 6 arcane circle would have been submitted to the builders
King Blackthorn: for their consideration.
King Blackthorn: However, there would have needed to be an event (or plotline) connected to the request.
Walter Tyrell: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Moonglow may re-submit this request next term if they like.
King Blackthorn: We shall now address New Magincia's requests.
King Blackthorn: The request for teleporters is denied, as it would be a lot of work for the builders,
King Blackthorn says: The request for teleporters is denied, as it would be a lot of work for the builders,
King Blackthorn: and seems unnecessary for such a small island.
King Blackthorn: *looks through notes*
King Blackthorn: The request for additional staff and amenities has been
King Blackthorn: submitted to the builders for their consideration.
Thorreain: its for order when it comes
Thorreain: but np
King Blackthorn: Any aspect of that that is granted would be considered New Magincia's request for this term.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kitty would also need to do an event (or plotline) making use of the staff and amenities,
Miss Kitty: when will i hear form the builderrs?
King Blackthorn: if any portion of the request is granted.
Miss Kitty: so submit a plotline?
King Blackthorn: The builders have many projects, so I am unable to give an estimate as to when they might answer
Miss Kitty: so submit a plotline? or an event?
Thorreain: i would need to know the order chose to plot in
King Blackthorn: Let's wait to see their thoughts on the request.
King Blackthorn: It would be good to think about in the meantime.
Thorreain: when it comeing and how
Thorreain: ty vm
Miss Kitty: are we talking days? weeks?months?
King Blackthorn: I do not know.
Thorreain: they said ist this year
King Blackthorn: *looks through notes*
King Blackthorn: The request for hued tiles and plants is denied, as the town can already decorate with live plants.
King Blackthorn: The request for an additional dock and a citizens-only fishing area are denied,
King Blackthorn: as the former is unlikely to be granted by the builders and the latter is not possible.
King Blackthorn: Vesper has requested a Level 6 arcane circle.
Miss Kitty: there goes a plotline and an event
King Blackthorn: This request has been submitted to the builders.
King Blackthorn: If this request is granted, Governor O'Hare would need to
Matthias O'Hare: *nods*
King Blackthorn: do an event (or plotline) making use of the arcane circle.
Matthias O'Hare: Thank ye for sumbitting it, your Grace
King Blackthorn: If this request is granted, Governor O'Hare would also likely have to provide the arcane circle deed
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Matthias O'Hare: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Does any governor have a new issue to present?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: So I just have a question....
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Have I submitted a request this term?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I'm so confused
King Blackthorn: No, you haven't, according to my records.
Miss Kitty: will i receive an email letting me know
Willa of the Yew-Wood: But I submitted some last term so that doesn't count?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I have to resubmit?
King Blackthorn: Those count for last term, Governor Willa.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, your requests for last term were submitted to the builders.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Ah
King Blackthorn: I emailed them today to see if there was an official answer.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *blinks*
King Blackthorn: I hope to have more information for you on that issue soon.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: So no answer on that?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And I can very much guarntee you a plotline
King Blackthorn: That is good.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kitty, would you repeat your question please.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Poor Ariel is still very sad about the lack of a bridge to the far farms
Miss Kitty: will i receive an email letting me know
Miss Kitty: or is it a wait till next meeting
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you your Majesty
King Blackthorn: I will try to keep you informed on the status of your requests, Governor Kitty.
Miss Kitty: how?
King Blackthorn: Does any other governor have an issue to discuss?
Neptune: any word on if we can get a beekeeper?
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Nae from Trinsic, m'lord.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kitty, I shall try to inform you (by email) if possible.
King Blackthorn: Neptune, that may be a reasonable request for future terms.
Neptune: *nods*
King Blackthorn: *looks at records*
King Blackthorn: Governor Neptune, looking at my records I see that your office was requested by the previous
King Blackthorn: governor.
King Blackthorn: You may send a request for a beekeeper. Send it to (malachi@uoem.net).
Miss Kitty: aye Sirius did request one
Miss Kitty: can i tell him it is in place?
King Blackthorn: *nods* That is correct Governor Kitty. Yes, you may tell him the Skara office was built.
Miss Kitty: what part of town?
King Blackthorn: It's near the moongate. Northeast part of town.
Miss Kitty: ok
Miss Kitty: ty
King Blackthorn: Does any other governor have an issue they wish to discuss?
King Blackthorn: We shall open the floor to citizens then.
King Blackthorn: Citizens may now present new issues, if they wish.
King Blackthorn: Please stay seated and raise your hand if you would like to be added to the list.
Miss Kitty: other than timliness of responses on projects and completion. nothing from me
King Blackthorn: It seems no citizen has an issue to raise this evening.
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors present for a very productive Council meeting.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *nods*
Miss Kitty: there are good events going on, people are happy
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you your Majesty
King Blackthorn: If my citizens are happy, then I am happy.
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
Roland: i'm happy i showed up
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”