Log of the Seventh Governors' Council 12/17/13

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Seventh Governors' Council 12/17/13

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:47 pm

King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: I ask that he or she send me a pigeon at [elizabella@uoem.net] or [malachi@uoem.net].
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for your town,
King Blackthorn: Send a petition by pigeon to [malachi@uoem.net] at least three days before a Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: Then be prepared to discuss your request and answer questions about it at the Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: A primer on the procedures of this council has been written.
King Blackthorn: (You can find it on greatlakes.uoem.net, click on the Royal Council link on the righthand side).
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Jhelom this meeting. Governor Laleyan, you have the floor.
Alista Laleyan: *grins*
Alista Laleyan: I was ready for it, Your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Alista Laleyan: The election was fun to watch this time around.
Alista Laleyan: In Jhelom, we've been talking about having a valor tournament..
Alista Laleyan: Using the New Haven Arena. Next Month's event calendar is packed, so we're looking at holding it in February.
Alista Laleyan: Any experiences, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. We'd like to be able to bet on the fights, but I don't know if that's possible yet.
Alista Laleyan: As always, I'm hunting for citizens of Jhelom. I can count two official ones so far.
Miss Kitty: hehe
Alista Laleyan: Miss kitty, the floor is yours.
Miss Kitty: thank you
Miss Kitty: Citizens of N M are doing fine for the most part
Miss Kitty: we are talking about holding "games" in the first quarter
Miss Kitty: we are still exploring venues as the use of city streete might not allow for all that is planned
Miss Kitty: since the peope pushed back and clewared the streets of the miscreants
Miss Kitty: open trade has increased
Miss Kitty: although
Miss Kitty: some are complaining of nightmares
Miss Kitty: where they swear they are trapped in an alternate worm hole where thier shops are still being
Miss Kitty: invaded
Miss Kitty: it is being looked into
Miss Kitty: Tanda, all yours
Tanda: Thank you Miss Kitty, Your Grace, Minoc is doing well
Tanda: We have an event planned for Wed January 8th
Tanda: at the Barnacle in Minoc 8 p.m. a Tales and ale meet and greet
Tanda: I'll buy the ale and you supply the warriors tales of sacrifice and valor
Tanda: if you'd like you story displayed please place it in a purple book and seal it
Tanda: All yours Gov. Warner
Dot Warner: Thank you, your Majesty, Governor Knighthawke.
Dot Warner: The city of Britain is doing quite well and the citizens seem content as the holidays approach.
Dot Warner: I would like to announce an event in Britain this weekend, a Snowball Battle to be held in East Side Park on Saturday the 21st at 4pm by the central stars.
Dot Warner: Those that don’t have the magical snow piles will have opportunities to win them via trivia questions.
Dot Warner: I am in the planning stages of a kingdom-wide event for late next month that will encompass all the cities on the continent.
Dot Warner: A horse race following the roads around our land from Skara Brae north to Yew, then east to Minoc and Vesper, back southwest through Britain and finally to Trinsic.
Dot Warner: Most of the other governors have already heard pieces of the plan, and I hope to have a more cohesive outline for them, and for the Crown, within the next few weeks.
Dot Warner: Governor Fl'Gith, the floor is yours.
Ra'Dian Fl'Git]: Thank ye, Gov'ner Warner, Your Majesty...
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Th' City o' 'onor fares well this 'oliday season.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: We 'ave planned an event fer th' month o' January t' take place on Saturday th' 11th,
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: at 2pm by th' Central Skies, in which we shall celebrate th' fall an' rise o' Trinsic
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: wi' many festive activities, an' some 'istorical look back at th' city's long 'istory.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: We 'ope that in lookin' t' th' past an' celebratin' our present, we shall form a strong future.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Other than that, I wish t' thank th' builders fer completin' th' Gov'ner's office, an' also,
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: I look forward t' meetin' many citizens o' Trinsic in th' comin' weeks.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: That is all I 'ave this eve. Gov'ner Tyrell, I yield t' ye.
Walter Tyrell: Thankyou Your Majesty, Governor Fi'gith, Moonglow is peaceful and trade is increasing.
Walter Tyrell: We will be holding a New Years Festival on Friday January the third 8pm under
Walter Tyrell: central skies.
Walter Tyrell: We plan on having food, drink, entertainment and some games of chance.
Walter Tyrell: I hope all of you can join us in Moonglow to get the New Year started in style.
Walter Tyrell: *grins*
Walter Tyrell: That is all I have at this time I yield to Governor Aornis of Vesper.
Aornis: Thank you, your Majesty, Governor Tyrell. Vesper is doing quite well with the change of power.
Aornis: We have enacted a new trade deal with the Warrior's Guild, though after some citzen feedback,
Aornis: we are considering changing it.
Aornis: Other than that, there is nothing new to report in Vesper. On to you, Governor Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Aornis
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Your Grace.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: The City of Yew is recovering nicely from the invasions....
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Though the trade is slowly recovering. We are still worried about attacks from Slavers.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We look forward to working with the other Governors in planning some events in the coming months.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: As well we are looking to plan our own event for sometime in the coming months. We should have more details at the new years meeting next month.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Other than that All is well Your Grace. Thank you.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, has sent a message.
King Blackthorn: *unrolls scroll*
King Blackthorn: I shall read it now.
King Blackthorn: *reads*
King Blackthorn: We had a small incident in Nujel'm cased by a former agent named Marc Russo.
King Blackthorn: But our forces were able to protect their Sultan without further incident.
King Blackthorn: We were also able to stop Russo and the mole in our organization.
King Blackthorn: Unfortunately, this was not before an associate in Tokuno was killed.
Ang: !
King Blackthorn: We will likely have to deal with tense relations with Tokuno intelligence for a time.
King Blackthorn: Minax remains a high priority threat to Britannia,
King Blackthorn: But she seems to be keeping a low profile.
King Blackthorn: We have no new information on her location or current plans.
King Blackthorn: However, there haven't been any recent attacks on our cities.
King Blackthorn: Beyond that, crime throughout the kingdom seems to be at normal levels.
Ang: haha
King Blackthorn: And none of our allies report any problems.
Ang: well is that good?
King Blackthorn: *closes scroll* Thank you to Minister Grey for sending this report.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Indeed.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns and the National Security briefing.
King Blackthorn: Governor Laleyan, a Valor Tournament sounds exciting! An excellent idea for Jhelom.
King Blackthorn: I have not heard anything about wagering.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kitty, winter games sound intriguing. I look forward to hearing more.
Ang: that sounds fun
Ang: hail kitty!
King Blackthorn: It is disturbing to hear of the nightmares of your citizens.
King Blackthorn: Please keep me updated about that situation.
Miss Kitty: aye
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, the Barnacle has always been a perfect gathering spot.
King Blackthorn: A Tales and Ales event sounds perfect for the hardy warriors of Minoc.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, it sounds like you have found a good way to hold the
King Blackthorn: snowball fight, even without assistance. I am pleased to hear that.
King Blackthorn: I have a response to your request, but will say more about that at the
King Blackthorn: appropriate time in the meeting.
King Blackthorn: A horse race sounds exciting. It will be interesting to hear more as the plan develops.
King Blackthorn: Governor Fl'Gith, a commemorative event to honor Trinsic's phoenix-like endurance
King Blackthorn: sounds very appropriate.
King Blackthorn: I am pleased to hear that you like your new office.
King Blackthorn: Governor Tyrell, Moonglow's New Year's party sounds magical. *smiles*
Walter Tyrell: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor Aornis, welcome to the Council.
Aornis: Thank you, your Majesty
King Blackthorn: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Govenor Willa, I am glad your citizens are holding up well against incursions.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: A governor may only place one request per term.
King Blackthorn: I urge governors to consider their requests carefully.
King Blackthorn: In response to a request from last term,
King Blackthorn: an office has been built for the governor of Trinsic, as has been mentioned.
King Blackthorn: We have received a request from Britain's governor for this term.
King Blackthorn: It may be possible to fulfill this request.
King Blackthorn: The renowned tinker Cousteau Perron is a citizen of Britain and has been studying the ice dungeon.
King Blackthorn: She believes she may be able to build a snow machine.
King Blackthorn: She would need materials, including something for cooling, a refrigerant, and a power source.
King Blackthorn: Perron believes cooling may be provided by glacial staffs, such as are sometimes found on giant ice
King Blackthorn: serpents
King Blackthorn: She thinks further study of fire fish, which can be caught in Dungeon Shame,
King Blackthorn: may reveal the secret of how they keep themselves from becoming cinders.
: King Blackthorn says: may reveal the secret of how they keep themselves from becoming cinders.
King Blackthorn: They may produce a natural substance that can be used as a refrigerant.
King Blackthorn: Finally, she would need a power source, such as the power crystals that can be obtained by disasse
King Blackthorn: To collect these materials, run an expedition, well-publicized and open to all (post it on Stratics).
Ang: neat
King Blackthorn: She requires 25 glacial staffs, 5 fire fish, and 50 power crystals.
King Blackthorn: These materials may be left in the usual mailbox by January 6th.
King Blackthorn: Perron will experiment and try to figure out how to build a snow machine.
King Blackthorn: She says it is unlikely that it can be completed before January 26th.
King Blackthorn: Keep in mind that the machine will be unstable and may cease working, or even self-destruct, after
King Blackthorn: The piles of snow will, of course, melt after a time.
King Blackthorn: As always, plan your event so that it will not be disrupted if it is not possible to fulfill this requ
King Blackthorn: to fulfill this request
King Blackthorn: I have placed books at each end of the table detailing this,
King Blackthorn: Though I may need to update them, as I believe my clerk neglected to give precise numbers.
King Blackthorn: Again, Perron requires 25 glacial staffs, 5 fire fish, and 50 power crystals.
King Blackthorn: The expedition itself must be well-publicized and open to the public.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: It seems no governor has a new issue to present?
King Blackthorn: We shall open the floor to citizens then.
Ra'Dian Fl'Gith: Trinsic 'as nae more t' add, m'liege.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Citizens may now present new issues, if they wish.
King Blackthorn: Please stay seated and raise your hand if you would like to be added to the list.
Ang: *raises hand*
King Blackthorn: *nods to Ang* Please come forward and present your issue.
Ang: i would like ask if it may be possible for citizens, once granted a title
Miss Kitty: oops
Ang: to keep that title unless renouncing citizenship
Ang: i missed beginning did u ask
Miss Kitty: no i forgot
Ang: currently title is removed
Miss Kitty: my appologies
Ang: once governors term is up
Ang: that is all
King Blackthorn: I'm sorry but that is not possible.
Ang: ty
King Blackthorn: *smiles at Ang* It was a reasonable question though.
Ang: :)
King Blackthorn: Does anyone else have a question or comment?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Britain, I will update that book shortly
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors present for a very productive Council meeting.
Miss Kitty: night all
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”