Log of the Thirty-second Governors' Council 02/22/16

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Thirty-second Governors' Council 02/22/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:04 pm

King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
Tanda: Good Evening Your Majesty
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: Governor Farrah has sent word that she will be unable to attend this evening.
Kittie: *frowns*
King Blackthorn: She has wisely appointed Bentley to represent Skara Brae this evening,
Kittie: Oh yay!!
Bentley: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: and at any other Royal Council meetings which she is unable to attend.
Kittie: *purrs as she looks up and notices the dangling lure again, pawing at it gently*
Tanda: *smiles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles*
Tanda: Welcome Bentley
John: *hand on sword hilt, keeping a weary watch*
King Blackthorn: *smiles and nods to Bentley*
King Blackthorn: *looks at papers in front of him and continues*
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to the Lady Wraith (wraithbroadsword@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: She has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Minoc this meeting. Governor Knighthawke, you have the floor.
Tanda: Thank you Your Grace
Tanda: Minoc is doing quite well, the treasury is steadily climbing
Tanda: merchants seem to be back into the swing of working together
Tanda: and mining has resumed with its normal vigor
Tanda: I am quite optimistic we've put the past unpleasantness behind us
Tanda: Thank you and I yield to Governor Mr. E
Mr E: Thank you Governor Tanda
Mr E: I am pleased to announce that New Magincia is doing very well. Trade is well.
Mr E: I have not had anything exciting to do since Christmas
Mr E: So I am pleased to announce that in partnership with Skara
Mr E: We will be hosting a Game Night / Auction
Mr E: Other than that we are quiet and doing well. I yield the floor to Governor Willa
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Mr E.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew is fairing quite well...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: No big issues to report.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Still visiting the Guards you sent us and bringing them food and supplies.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We are still most happy to have them.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Other than that nothing to report. I yield to Bentley.
Mr E: *smiles to Governor Willa*
Bentley: Thank you Willa
Bentley: I am pleased to announce that as Mr E stated that TUA/Skara will be hosting a Live Auction
Bentley: And New Magincia/GTO will be hosting a "Press Your Luck" game event
Bentley: Skara is doing well with trades and lots of hustle and bustle on the streets
Bentley: We are excited for the coming weeks
Bentley: I yield to Governor Kittie of Moonglow
Kittie: *purrs as she holds the mighty bait in her mouth, looking to Bentley with a toothy grin before turning to the king* murr, prrrr, mew mew!
Dot Warner: *facepalms*
King Blackthorn: *adjusts the papers in front of him*
King Blackthorn: *scribbles some notes*
Dot Warner: *peers at notes*
Dot Warner: A ban on catnip?
Mr E: *pulls down hood*
Dot Warner: *arches an eyebrow*
King Blackthorn: *waits to see if Governor Kittie has anything further to say*
Kittie: *blinks at Dot and quickly spits out the lure* *ahem* Moonglow seems to be fairing quite well... and .. coffers are doing well .. and .. *covers her red face, muffling* I yield the floor to Governor Dot.. *embarrassed*
Dot Warner: Uhm..thank you, Governor Kittie. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain remains quite happy and prosperous, though I heard there was some impersonation foolishness this afternoon. *shakes her head sadly*
Dot Warner: I still haven't decided if there will be a third year for the King's Cup... *shrugs*
Dot Warner: Public input is welcome.
Dot Warner: That is all I have this month, Your Majesty. Thank you.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: In the past month, Britannian Security has been involved in several matters.
Kittie: *peeks up*
Magnus Grey: Our forces provided security for a diplomatic meeting between the elves of Sanctuary & Heartwood
Magnus Grey: While forces on both sides disrupted the peace process,
Magnus Grey: The situation was resolved without escalation or much loss of life.
Magnus Grey: Those responsible have been punished,
Magnus Grey: As appropriate to the laws and practices of their respective groups.
Magnus Grey: The future of the peace process is uncertain at this time.
Magnus Grey: Recently, we made a deal with a group of wisps for the return of Gilforn.
Magnus Grey: You may remember that Gilforn was helpful in providing the spell to repair the Honor moongate.
Magnus Grey: Unfortunately, he acquired the spell in a way that left him indebted to the wisps.
Magnus Grey: Certain trades were required to get him back.
Magnus Grey: This also involved us in an internal conflict the Xorinite wisp is having with itself apparently.
Magnus Grey: We are taking steps to extricate us from this situation and contain the conflict.
Magnus Grey: We are also keeping an eye on Gilforn,
Magnus Grey: Since the creatures of Doom have interest in some information he knows...
Magnus Grey: We have also been receiving strange reports from Eodon.
Magnus Grey: Sir Geoffrey may require future assistance from the Royal Guard.
Magnus Grey: We have also enlisted the aid of Professor Ellie Rafkin to consult on the matter.
Magnus Grey: Any questions?
Kittie: *Shakes her head*
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor E, how nice to hear that New Magincia and Skara Brae are
King Blackthorn: working together to bring citizens an exciting Game Night and Auction.
King Blackthorn: I wish you all luck with it. *smiles*
Mr E: Thank you, your grace
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, I am pleased that my city of tinkers is prospering.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, it is good to hear that my capital city continues well.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, I believe the fisherman at the Brit provisioner is having a nice sale on fish.
Kittie: *perks her head and ears!!!*
King Blackthorn: Avenger Bentley, I wish to thank you for representing Skara Brae this evening.
King Blackthorn: As I said, it is good to see two of my towns working together.
King Blackthorn: Good luck with the auction. *smiles*
Bentley: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, I am pleased that my city of Justice is peaceful and content.
King Blackthorn: The Library of Scars will be happy to know how well their guards are faring.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
Kittie: *gently paws at the lure again*
King Blackthorn: There weren't any this month, except those ably handled by the Lady Wraith. My thanks to her.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Now citizens may present new issues.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors present, and Bentley, for a very productive Council meeting.
Kittie: *smiles brightly and nods*
Tanda: Blessed Be Your Grace
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizen who had the civic spirit to attend.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Your Grace.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”