Log of the Thirty-third Governors' Council 03/21/16

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Thirty-third Governors' Council 03/21/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
Thom Jameison: *smirks*
Kittie: *smiles and nods in hello*
Kittie: Your Grace.
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
Magnus Grey: Your majesty.
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to the Lady Wraith (wraithbroadsword@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: She has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: I see that two governors were unable to be here tonight.
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
Mr E: Apologies
King Blackthorn: *nods graciously*
King Blackthorn: It's a big castle, takes some time to get here.
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
Kittie: *giggle*
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Jhelom this meeting. Governor Jameison, you have the floor.
Thom Jameison: Thankyou your Majesty, fellow Governors
Thom Jameison: Jhelom is enjoying peaceful prosperity with unpatrolled growth.
Thom Jameison: I and pleased to report my citizens are more than satisfied with the way things are going.
Thom Jameison: I really have nothing else to report at this time and yield to Governor E
Mr E: Thank you Governor Jameison
Mr E: Farrah is still under the weather and apparently it has also been passed to Bentlee
Mr E: So they will not be here and asked that I pass on that Skara is doing wonderful.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Mr E: While under the weather and working towards the events we reported last time
Mr E: A special bond has grown and Governor Farrah and I will be wed on Thursday
Mr E: Continuing to build upon the bond of our two cities.
Kittie: *smiles and claps*
Thom Jameison: *smiles*
Tanda: *smiles*
Mr E: Magincia is still filled to the coffers currently. Long standing peace still holds
Mr E: I have had a few threats on my personal being and listed Goldie as Lt Governor if something
Mr E: should happen to me.
Mr E: I believe that is all I have at this time your grace. I yield to Governor Tanda
Tanda: Thank you Governor E
Tanda: and Congratulation on the upcoming wedding
Tanda: Your Grace, Minoc fairs well, the treasury continues to grow
Tanda: mining and related trades seem to be growing briskly again
Tanda: Other than that we're enjoying this time of relative quiet
Tanda: That is all, and I yield to Governor Warner
Dot Warner: Thank you, Governor Knighthawke. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Aside from the brief aggressions of a fictional character... *shakes head, not believing she just said that* Britain fares well.
Dot Warner: Trade remains smooth and the city's coffers are full.
Dot Warner: Regrettably, I've decided to suspend this year's King's Cup Tournament due to the underwhelming turnout for last cycle's championship bout. *sighs*
Dot Warner: I may hold a tournament later this year, likely at the Occlo arena, to gauge interest in different rules.
Dot Warner: The schedule for the Derby and the Regatta remain unaffected.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you, Your Majesty. I yield to Governor Arminger.
Norman Arminger: Thankyou Governor Warner, Your Majesty.
Norman Arminger: Trinsic is enjoying the same general peace and prosperity as the rest of the realm.
Norman Arminger: I have nothing else to report at this time.
Norman Arminger: I will yield to Governor Kittie at this time.
Kittie: *smiles and nods* Thank you Governor Arminger. Your Grace. Moonglow is doing well in the aftermath of the Queen of Hearts' plan to take over as Queen of this realm.
Kittie: Moonglow seems to be doing well, the coffers are nearly at 300 million and all seems peaceful now. *smiles* That's all I truly have to report. I yield the floor to Governor Aornis. *smiles*
Aornis: Thank you. Vesper is doing quite well. Trade has increased and her citizens are prospering.
Aornis: We have not seen any antagonistic forces as of late, something which we are thankful for.
Aornis: I yield to Governor Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Aornis...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew is faring well though the Yew Far Farms are trying to convince those working at the Mill to no longer take Britannian Wheat until
Willa of the Yew-Wood: They get their bridge to the Far Farm since they feel that they can't get the protection they need to farm
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And they feel they are not able to compete well with the farmers of Britain.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Since they can only work when we send guards out there.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: They are still rather afraid of being kidnapped and forced into slavery.
Kittie: *frowns*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I really am not sure what to do... since there isn't a guard post out there.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And it is such a long ride all the way around the bay.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: So I'm very open to ideas on how to get more help to the far farm.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Anyway that's all I had.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Tanda: *nods*
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: In the past month, Britannian Security has been involved in several matters.
Magnus Grey: An update on matters in Eodon,
Magnus Grey: Sir Geoffrey has been requesting aid in uniting the tribes there.
Magnus Grey: He hopes together this united force can deal with the threat posed by the Myrmidex.
Magnus Grey: Time will tell if more aid is needed.
Magnus Grey: On another matter, there was an additional complication from Anon's spell in Shadowguard.
Magnus Grey: While the arrival of Eodon was the most obvious problem,
Magnus Grey: It seems that other world fragments may be approaching Sosaria at various speeds.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well it's not like that's our problem.... the Myrmidex are all the way in Eodon and haven't threatened us...
Magnus Grey: Their random attacks have caused problems to our efforts there.
Magnus Grey: And since Minax's fortress remains in Eodon, we can't simply abandon it.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: No but we should crush her.... and be done with her once and for all...
Magnus Grey: If we stop our siege of Minax, she will return to her previous tactics.
Magnus Grey: Crushing her is an option that has been considered.
Magnus Grey: Hopefully future tactical situations will allow that.
Dot Warner: Hear hear
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well are these tribes even willing to work with us?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I mean before they didn't seem too friendly.
Magnus Grey: It seems that they may be willing, at least five of the tribes.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Seems rather strange that now that these Myrmidex are invading they seem to be nicer... but I don't know....
Magnus Grey: One tribe, the Barrab, worship the Myrmidex.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Is it going to last? Or will they return to attacking.
Magnus Grey: I think it might be that the tribes recognize a greater threat than Britannia.
Magnus Grey: It wouldn't be the first alliance of convenience.
Magnus Grey: But Geoffrey believes such an alliance could be built into a more lasting piece.
Magnus Grey: Peace.
Magnus Grey: *coughs*
Magnus Grey: Sorry.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yes well I'm wondering just what they have to offer for our assistance.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Seems we are spending a lot of resources on their protection...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Perhaps at risk to our own defense.
Magnus Grey: That is a complex matter.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I'd hate to have a major attack now with most our forces all busy in Eodon...
Magnus Grey: We can't handle the Myrmidex and Minax at the same time, so we need this alliance.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Someone could take this opportunity to invade.
Magnus Grey: Any ground war in Eodon will face problems with these Myrmidex attacks.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well I just think that while we are all worried there that we may miss a threat here.
Magnus Grey: We have a majority of our forces in Britannia still.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: That's good to know.
Magnus Grey: And it is likely that Dupre's forces in Felucca can be recalled if needed.
Magnus Grey: Still, I agree with your worries about a war on multiple fronts.
Magnus Grey: But I am not ready to sacrifice Eodon too quickly
Magnus Grey: Especially given the nature of the Silver Gate.
Magnus Grey: Back to the fragment worlds...
Magnus Grey: The first of these is the broken world of Balema.
Magnus Grey: This matter with Balema has also brought to our attention several other interested powers.
Magnus Grey: Some of these present a threat to Britannia.
Magnus Grey: We are trying to learn more about the nature of these threats.
Magnus Grey: Because of various magics, portions of Balema are being transposed with our world.
Magnus Grey: While several alternatives were presented to stop this,
Magnus Grey: It was decided to prevent this fusion event while keeping Balema connected to Britannia.
Magnus Grey: The mage Gilforn is being consulted on this matter and has promised a ritual to help.
Magnus Grey: We have recovered one artifact, the Ring of Order, necessary for the spell.
Magnus Grey: But we still must contain the opposite, the Ring of Chaos.
Magnus Grey: Gilforn also requests mages of great power to help cast the ritual,
Magnus Grey: And members of the Royal Ministry of Security to deflect any Ethereal chaff resulting from it.
Magnus Grey: Apparently this chaff could shear Balema into smaller pieces or disrupt Sosaria's mana flow.
Magnus Grey: Gilforn hopes to present the complete ritual soon.
Magnus Grey: Hopefully, this matter will be handled swiftly.
Magnus Grey: Any questions on the Balema matter?
Magnus Grey: Any other security questions?
Tanda: Was a great briefing
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
Magnus Grey: *nods and smiles*
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Jameison, I am pleased that my city of Valor prospers and is at peace.
King Blackthorn: Governor E, thank you for passing along the message from Farrah and Bentley.
King Blackthorn: I hope they feel better soon.
King Blackthorn: Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming wedding!
King Blackthorn: I hope you and Farrah have the day of your dreams. *smiles*
Mr E: *tips cap*
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, it is good to hear that Minoc is enjoying
King Blackthorn: well-deserved peace and a booming economy.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I am pleased to hear that my city of Compassion continues well.
King Blackthorn: I'm sorry that the tournament had to be suspended.
King Blackthorn: I wish you luck with your other activities though.
Dot Warner: *nods sadly*
King Blackthorn: Governor Arminger, I agree, things have been very peaceful of late,
King Blackthorn: for the most part. And the Britannian economy seems to be booming.
King Blackthorn: We are very fortunate to live in what may well be a golden age.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, I am glad that Moonglow was able to foil that plan.
King Blackthorn: I have heard that the Queen of Hearts has a nasty temper,
King Blackthorn: and a fondness for capital punishment of the sort one usually sees in Nujel'm.
King Blackthorn: *shudders*
King Blackthorn: Governor Aornis, I am pleased that my city of merchants is doing a brisk trade,
King Blackthorn: and helping to fuel these times of plenty.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, it does sound like there are difficulties in Yew,
King Blackthorn: our country's breadbasket. *looks concerned*
King Blackthorn: The Builders have said that building a bridge at that location is not currently feasible.
King Blackthorn: I applaud your call for suggestions though.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: There weren't any this month, except those ably handled by the Lady Wraith. My thanks to her.
Kittie: *nods*
King Blackthorn: *sees Kittie nodding* She is wonderful, isn't she. *smiles*
Kittie: *blushes!!!*
Kittie: She-She is! .. Y-Your Grace!
Mr E: Kittie do you have a date to the wedding yet?
King Blackthorn: Oh, um, I meant Wraith.
Dot Warner: *snickers*
King Blackthorn: *looks concerned* I thought you were nodding about her. Sorry.
Kittie: *blushing through her fur now* I.. I do not.. unless... Your Highness is.. erm.. well.. ?
King Blackthorn: *shuffles papers*
Martyna Z'muir: *facepalms*
King Blackthorn: Um, *looks through papers*
King Blackthorn: I should stick to the agenda.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
Tanda: *raises hand*
King Blackthorn: Ah, the Governor of Minoc, please go ahead.
Tanda: Your Grace, rather trivial, but after the wedding could we move
Tanda: the newlywed’s chairs together?
King Blackthorn: A very sweet and thoughtful request, but unfortunately not possible.
Tanda: Understood
Tanda: I suppose they'll survive a meeting
Tanda: a month
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Mr E: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Are there any other issues a governor would like to raise?
King Blackthorn: Now citizens may present new issues.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for a very productive Council meeting.
Tanda: Blessed Be
Kittie: *smiles and nods* Be well your Grace
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”