Log of the Forty-fifth Governors' Council 4/24/17

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Forty-fifth Governors' Council 4/24/17

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 pm

King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Sorry I'm late your Grace.
Janice Andrysiak: I've been informed Lady Kittie is en route from ..
Janice Andrysiak: *peers at note*
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Janice Andrysiak: Someplace called Lakeshare.
Tanda: oh visiting a catnip bar?
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Dot Warner: *smirks*
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to Lord Raine (UORaine@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: He has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: I see that several governors were unable to be here tonight.
Kittie: Please excuse my tardiness your Highness. I just returned from Lakeshire.
King Blackthorn: *nods hello*
Kittie: *smiles and nods*
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
Jennifer-Marie: I will speak on behalf of Governor Farrah, your grace.
King Blackthorn: Ah, thank you Governor Jennifer-Marie
King Blackthorn: *makes some notes*
Mr E: Apologies yer grace. Sometimes I forget how long that walk is without magic or mount
King Blackthorn: Yes, it is rather a large castle.
King Blackthorn: Very nice orchard though.
Mr E: Indeed
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yes it is quite nice.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Trees are lovely.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Ah, we're doing state of the town next.
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Jhelom this meeting. Governor Andrysiak, you have the floor.
Janice Andrysiak: Thank you, your majesty.
Janice Andrysiak: All of Jhelom's thoughts and efforts are on our missing author.
Janice Andrysiak: We have put out a contract with a local adventuring group, who will be mounting a rescue effort
Janice Andrysiak: this Wednesday at 8PM CT. I am told a gate will be provided from Luna before the event.
Janice Andrysiak: Those who kidnapped Mr. Polstan are extremely dangerous. I advise bringing weapons and arms.
Janice Andrysiak: *sighs stressfully*
Janice Andrysiak: Our city's hopes go with them. That is all, your grace. I yield to Governor E.
Mr E: We are doing wonderful. Nothing eventful to note. The town is peaceful, No danger now for many
Mr E: moons
Mr E: I wish I had more to report but I will yield to the Magnificent Tanda who I know has had more
Mr E: excitement than we have as of late
Tanda: Thank you Governor, Your Grace, Minoc began
Tanda: the investigation into the grey beings
Tanda: we have so far found that their intent is NOT friendly
Tanda: all attempts resulted in attacks
Tanda: in the assault, we killed many
Tanda: and autopsy work has begun
Tanda: they were like nothing I've ever seen before
Tanda: and accompanied by a creature a mix between a dragon and a bird
Tanda: There was a book mentioning an Orange one
Tanda: and another incursion into Minoc
Tanda: in the near future
Tanda: (May 3rd, Wed night 8 p.m.)
Tanda: we shall see what comes next. I have nothing more to report
Tanda: and yield to Governor Warner
Dot Warner: Thank you, Governor Knighthawke. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain is recovering from the foul venom peddled by the Snake and his minions.
Dot Warner: The citizens would like to thank the Ministry of Security for eliminating the threat from their streets.
Dot Warner: I am in the early planning stage for the annual Britain Town Social at FitzOwen Green.
Dot Warner: Wednesday, May 31st will be the likely date. Look to the Tribune for a formal announcement.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you, Your Majesty. I yield to Governor Jennifer-Marie.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, Governor Warner. Thank you, your Grace.
Jennifer-Marie: Trinsic is fairing especially well since our First Annual Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt. Planning has already commenced for next year's event.
Jennifer-Marie: We, the governors, have yet to decide which city will host - but we have time.
Jennifer-Marie: *nods*
Jennifer-Marie: That is all for Trinsic at this time, your Grace. Would you like me to report for Governor Farrah now, or after Governor Kittie's report, sir?
King Blackthorn: Now would be good, thank you.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, your Grace.
Jennifer-Marie: Governor Farrah sends her regrets for being unable to attend this evening.
Jennifer-Marie: An inexplicable and sudden illness has taken Skara Brae by storm.
Jennifer-Marie: She is currently working with every healer she can find to try and cure her citizens.
Jennifer-Marie: She begs your understanding and will be sending word if any help is needed.
Jennifer-Marie: *nods gravely* That is all for Skara Brae this evening. I yield to Governor Kittie.
Kittie: Thank you Governor Jennifer-Marie, Your Highness, as you know I have just returned from Lakeshire. As you know, there has been trouble with Meer and the slavers once more. We had high hopes that this was simply a thing of the past.
Kittie: Unfortunately not. Meer have been going missing, our only guess, is the slavers have attacked Lakeshire. The Meer Elders and Mages called an emergency diplomatic meeting to delve further into this matter
Kittie: and into what shall be done about the problem. As of this moment your Highness, LakeShire has only a handful of mages and warriors in the village. Most have scattered now across Sosaria.
Kittie: I fear for those that have standings with the court and with the Elders themselves.
Kittie: I have worked very hard to pin point the issue, but as of yet, no singular person has come forward. I ask your Highness for protection of the Elders and any members of the Royal Court and the Meer Court as well.
Kittie: Until this is resolved, I will diligently continue to pursue this matter until I can find some sort of lead and eventually, take whomever this is, down.
Kittie: That is all, your Majesty. I yield the floor to the lovely Governor Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Kittie.
Your luck just ran out.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Things in Yew have calmed down somewhat and thanks to Minister Grey some false Monks have been routed from the Abbey... they real monks are most appreciative.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Other than that things are quite well in Yew.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: That's all I have for now Your Grace.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: I would like to start off by mentioning the problems with last meeting's report.
Magnus Grey: The Underminister of Trade, Killigan, was an imposter working for the Snake.
Magnus Grey: As such, what he reported was false and misleading.
Janice Andrysiak: Hm.
Janice Andrysiak: *looks disappointed*
Magnus Grey: We uncovered his duplicity, but not before the Minister of Trade was killed.
Magnus Grey: In the weeks since then, we have arrested many of the Snake's people.
Magnus Grey: The Snake himself, Garok Almati, was killed during an incident in Yew.
Magnus Grey: We believe we have uncovered all those who infiltrated various groups in Britain.
Magnus Grey: While currently, Killigan, aka Dunston, is still at large.
Magnus Grey: We hope to bring this final criminal into custody soon.
Magnus Grey: With that issue resolved, the Ministry of Security will focus on other matters.
Magnus Grey: For example, there have been reports of several mages going missing.
Magnus Grey: Hopefully, I can report on that issue soon.
Magnus Grey: Any questions on Britannian security?
Tanda: *raises hand*
Magnus Grey: Yes?
Tanda: No bodies found on the missing mages?
Magnus Grey: No bodies, so we are not treating them as murders.
Tanda: *nods*
Tanda: thank you
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Oh dear.
Magnus Grey: And with one missing party, there have been sightings.
Tanda: *smiles*
Magnus Grey: It seems this Thariand was performing unorthodox rituals.
Magnus Grey: So it is possible that all of this is a spell gone wrong.
Tanda: *raises an eyebrow*
Dot Warner: Unorthodox...or illegal?
Tanda: *whispers*
Tanda: both?
Magnus Grey: I would say unorthodox, since there were no deaths, necromancy, or blackrock reported prior
Magnus Grey: To his disappearance.
Magnus Grey: But at this time, I cannot say.
Dot Warner: Small favors.
Tanda: I lost a sister to similar activities
Magnus Grey: He had a reputation for practicing spells outside the accepted Britannian schools.
Magnus Grey: I plan to send people to investigate the matter in the coming week.
Magnus Grey: And will let you know more as I know it.
Magnus Grey: Any other questions?
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: *sorts through his notes*
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Andrysiak, I hope that the mission is successful and leads to
King Blackthorn: the safe return of Mr. Polstan.
Janice Andrysiak: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor E, I am pleased that all is well in my humble town of shepherds.
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, these sound like fascinating creatures.
King Blackthorn: I am glad that Minoc is defending itself well, and also that the town
King Blackthorn: is living up to its reputation for methodical curiosity.
King Blackthorn: I look forward to hearing more about your investigations of these beings.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I join you in congratulating all those who fought against
King Blackthorn: the enslavement of the mind and body caused by the Snake's wares.
Dot Warner: *nods*
King Blackthorn: The annual social sounds like a fitting event to celebrate the city's renewal.
King Blackthorn: Governor Jennifer-Marie, I am pleased that the Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt went well.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, as the Meer are our longtime allies,
King Blackthorn: feel free to ask for volunteers to help bolster Lakeshire's defenses.
King Blackthorn: How distressing to think of a plague hitting the town of Skara Brae.
King Blackthorn: Yes, the governor should request help if the city needs it.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, it sounds like the Ministry of Security has been very active lately.
King Blackthorn: I am glad all is now well in my city of Justice.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors
King Blackthorn: These were all ably handled by Lord Raine. My thanks to him.
Janice Andrysiak: My belated thank you, majesty, for the town criers announcing the council meetings.
Janice Andrysiak: *bows head*
King Blackthorn: *smiles* I'm glad that has been helpful.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
Kittie: Thank you, your Majesty. *smiles*
Mr E: If you will excuse me I need to go find that author to save him from his stalker.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, your highness.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Janice Andrysiak: *looks over in alarm*
Janice Andrysiak: What?
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for a very productive Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”