Log of the Fifty-seventh Governors' Council 5/14/18

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Fifty-seventh Governors' Council 5/14/18

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:43 pm

King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: I see that two governors were unable to be here tonight.
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to Lord Raine (UORaine@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: He has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line. the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Minoc this meeting. Lord John, you have the floor.
King Blackthorn: Ahem, I mean Governor Knighthawke.
John: *smirks* I said if need be your, grace.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Tanda: Minoc is recovering from the attacks of recent
Tanda: We were fascinated by the mechanical creations, however I will admit
Tanda: I am glad that soon those unnatural things will be leaving
Tanda: I am quite disappointed with The Britannian Mining Company, I guess our politics differ
Tanda: greatly
Tanda: Other than that, we are hoping for a brisk uptake in trade as summer approaches
Tanda: I yield to Governor Warner
Dot Warner: Thank you, Governor Knighthawke. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain continues to fare well, and the citizens are enjoying their new commons...mostly.
Dot Warner: I've received a few complaints regarding the new "Vault" building.
Dot Warner: Many were unaware of how...monolithic...the design was and say it's a blight on the city center.
Dot Warner: The fact that the interior is quite stark, and that services have yet to be offered, isn't helping public opinion.
Dot Warner: *sighs*
Dot Warner: Plans are afoot to go after the "Dark Unborn" later this month, likely on the 30th...a Wednesday.
Qualark Ventes: *clear throat*
Dot Warner: That is all for Britain. Thank you, Your Majesty. I yield to Governor Jennifer-marie.
Eep Eep: *hands Qualark a bottle of liquor*
Jennifer-Marie: *nods* Thank you, Governor Warner.
Jennifer-Marie: There are many changes ahead for Trinsic, Your Highness, and I am very excited to announce that the first is the re-formation of the Trinsic Guard.
Jennifer-Marie: I will be holding open hours for citizens to apply to guard the first Wednesday of every month at the Governor's office in Trinsic at 8:00 pm.
Jennifer-Marie: The Town Criers have been given this news already.
Jennifer-Marie: The Captain and Lieutenant of the Trinsic Guard are here with us this evening.
Jennifer-Marie: Speaking of the Captain of the Guard, I am also pleased to announce our upcoming marriage. *smiles softly*
eldrain goldleaf: *bows*
Velturus Viaxus: *Smiles*
Jennifer-Marie: The date will be announced soon, but is expected to be set for after the upcoming elections and the wedding itself will be held in Trinsic and all citizens are invited to celebrate with us.
Qualark Ventes: Congratulations
Jennifer-Marie: *nods once and smiles again* That is all I have for now, Your Highness. I hand the reports off to Governor Farrah.
Farrah: Skara Brae is doing well, the townspeople are enjoying the spring time air. And the rangers are happily training now that the
Farrah: weather has turned.
Farrah: I have very little to report this evening
Farrah: I do wish my congratulations to Jennifer-Marie *nods*
Farrah: But with that I pass the torch to Governor Qualark
Qualark Ventes: Thank you, Farrah
Qualark Ventes: I first must apologize for my extended absence. Hopefully I am not called away in such a way again.
Qualark Ventes: I am happy to report Vesper contains to fair better financially. Profits are up. Opportunities abound.
Qualark Ventes: I have been asked to relay a message about our former Governor, the dog.
Qualark Ventes: Whose name is escaping me now... Skatter? Skots?
Dot Warner: Skattles
Qualark Ventes: At any rate, he's gone missing and some concerned citizens are planning some sort of rescue.
Velturus Viaxus: *chuckles*
Qualark Ventes: *clears throat*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *frowns*
Qualark Ventes: Look for the details soon, and perhaps someday our city will be out from the shadow of our dog ruler.
Qualark Ventes: *shuffles papers and returns to his drink*
Qualark Ventes: Governor Willa, I yield to you.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Ventes.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I do hope you find Skattles...
Qualark Ventes: Who?
Qualark Ventes: Oh. yes.. yes.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: If you need assistance I'm sure we would help.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Anyway, I wish to say I'm sorry M'Lord for missing the last meeting.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And the City of Yew and most especially the families who live on the Yew Far Farms thank you very much for the new teleporter.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: It is most wonderful and they have all been happily planting their fields again... knowing that patrols are now much more frequent.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: The planting season is in full force now and we are looking forward to a great harvest this year.
Xull'Rae Viaxus: *nods to the Ilharess*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: At any rate that is all I have for now I yield the floor to Governess Goldie.
Goldie: Thank you Governor
Goldie: Greetings to our King and the other Governors
Goldie: Not much to report from the Island of New Magincia
Goldie: Looking forward to the upcoming elections
Goldie: That is all I have to report tonight. I yield the floor
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: The Ministry of Security provided security for the Inventors' Exhibition in Minoc.
Magnus Grey: While there are no outstanding matters related to this event,
Magnus Grey: There were several incidents of note.
Magnus Grey: The Sodal of the Pith, a group of elven separatists, disrupted the festivities.
Magnus Grey: Their leader was arrested, but unfortunately, several of their member were killed by a third party.
Magnus Grey: This third party also destroyed the HMS Cove, with most hands lost.
Magnus Grey: A tinker named Torrissio who stole another inventor's designs was responsible.
Magnus Grey: He and his benefactor were killed during the ensuing altercation.
Magnus Grey: We appreciate the help of many in Minoc in resolving this matter.
Magnus Grey: The current issue to focus on is the conflict between the Terathans and the Ophidians.
Magnus Grey: The Royal Guard plans to begin initial patrols around the human settlements in the Lost Lands.
Magnus Grey: We are already coordinating with the Order of the Silver Serpent and Rangers' Guild there as well.
Magnus Grey: Our current plan is to stay out of their conflict and protect our interests there.
Magnus Grey: I will have more information on that situation soon.
Magnus Grey: Any questions on Britannian security?
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Goldie, I am pleased that all is well and contented in my city of Humility.
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, I congratulate Minoc on a largely successful Inventors' Exhibition.
Goldie: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: I'm sure the innovations from a gathering of so many great minds will outlast
King Blackthorn: the memory of any disruptions.
Bel'dorl Viaxus: *laughs*
Velturus Viaxus: *grins*
King Blackthorn: Indeed, this summer looks to be a time for an increase in commerce.
King Blackthorn: *glances at notes*
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, it's true that architecture can be a surprisingly contentious issue.
King Blackthorn: I am pleased with the upgrades the Town Criers' Guild has made to their services.
King Blackthorn: Your plans for May 30th sound interesting indeed.
King Blackthorn: Governor Jennifer-Marie, it is good to hear that my city of paladins has
King Blackthorn: re-formed the Trinsic Guard. *nods to the Captain and Lieutenant*
King Blackthorn: Congratulations to you, Governor, and to your intended, on your upcoming nuptials.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Governor Farrah, it seems that my city of Spirituality are greeting the spring
King Blackthorn: with all the vigor one would expect of hardy rangers.
King Blackthorn: Governor Ventes, it sounds like business is booming in my city of merchants.
King Blackthorn: I too hope Skattles is found soon. He was a good boy, er, esteemed governor.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, I am glad that the people of Yew are finding the teleporter useful.
Kal'iksix Viaxus: *chuckles*
King Blackthorn: All of Britannia benefits when the fields of Yew are bountiful.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues now.
King Blackthorn: Now citizens may present any new issues.
Velturus Viaxus: Your Highness.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Velturus Viaxus: The Noble House of Viaxus was recently reminded of a large storage of literature,
Goldie: *winks at Velturus*
Velturus Viaxus: That did lay within our Walls, south of Umbra.
Velturus Viaxus: As we have continued to re-colonize the area,
Velturus Viaxus: We have been seeking to bring back some of the traditions from those days.
Velturus Viaxus: We are announcing a writing contest, for literature submission,
Tanda: *raises an eyebrow*
Velturus Viaxus: We are seeking to create an army...
Velturus Viaxus: of writers to bring forth their best works,
Velturus Viaxus: *Grins*
Velturus Viaxus: And will be paying handsomely for their efforts.
Kal'iksix Viaxus: *smiles*
Qualark Ventes: Paying. Interesting.
Velturus Viaxus: All submissions will receive a Fifty Thousand Gold Crown Fee to the Author,
Velturus Viaxus: With the first prize, to be determined by our esteemed Matron,
Kal'iksix Viaxus: *smiles*
Velturus Viaxus: To receive Five Million Crowns,
Vliz'sav Viaxus: *claps*
Velturus Viaxus: A second prize for Two Million Crowns,
Velturus Viaxus: And a third prize for a million of the crown's gold.
Velturus Viaxus: First, second, and third prize will also receive a scroll of ultimate power,
Velturus Viaxus: from the Harrower.
Velturus Viaxus: Entries are due by May the 28th,
Velturus Viaxus: And may be deposited in any mail box in the city south of Umbra known as,
Velturus Viaxus: "Che'el d'Orbb."
Velturus Viaxus: Lots of Spiders.
Velturus Viaxus: Can't miss it.
Kal'iksix Viaxus: *chuckles*
Xull'Rae Viaxus: *chuckles*
Vliz'sav Viaxus: *Smiles*
King Blackthorn: A writing contest sounds like a splendid opportunity for the authors of Sosaria.
King Blackthorn: A worthy and generous idea! I wish luck and inspiration to all.
Velturus Viaxus: *Smiles*
Kal'iksix Viaxus: *smiles sweetly and nods her head to the king*
Velturus Viaxus: The Arena will be hosting animal fights and betting,
Xull'Rae Viaxus: *nods*
Velturus Viaxus: But these announcements will come at your next Council.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Farrah: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be presented tonight?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for a very productive Council meeting.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Your Grace
Farrah: Thank you your grace
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
John: *salutes*
Velturus Viaxus: *Stares at the Chair for Jhelom*
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”