Ideas for public events

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Ideas for public events

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Here are some tried and true events that we know the public has enjoyed in the past, and have garnered the attention of the media...
  • Bunny Bash - Typically held in the fenced farms in Verity Isle (Silverbrook did these)
  • Net Toss - Typically held by FCB - we REALLY need to get on speaking terms with them..
  • Trivia Contests - Used to be held at Kazola's - I suggest this is a good way to make the Wild Rose the new shard RP tavern. (IN GAME TRIVIA ONLY)
  • Literary Contests - Poetry/Short Story/Essay - Can be held at the Library of Sosaria
  • Scavenger Hunts - Using clues, not the GM Adida list crap :Shame on you
  • Tournaments - Newcastle has a coliseum now, lets use it! Just need to work out the shell guild for running it - under NO circumstances will these people be warred to the BAF.
Things we will need: Prizes, People, Time

I know things have been a little strained since the summer, but lets get back into doing what we do best... Having fun.
0 x

-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Re: Ideas for public events

Post by MalagAste » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Prizes Check, Can make a guild for the Colosseum easy enough.... What I need is both time and commitment.....

Seems when ever I try to plan something I can't seem to get any straight answers as to when folk are available ..... nor can I get a straight answer of can I count on them to be there.....

I can schedule all sorts of events.... only thing is I in no way want to be doing all the planning, set up, and all by myself......

So if I can get some back up from the community I'm more than happy to be busily planning events.

Speaking of which I really want to do this dedication and Knighting..... what I need is a time when folk are available.
0 x

Ludwig
Journeyman
Character Age: 0
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Re: Ideas for public events

Post by Ludwig » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Well, of course, this time of year is messy for coordinating events. It was poor luck on the server being down for the ceremony, because that was the best day to get it in before the holidays took over.

I would be happy to help getting a couple more events going. I like the literary event, I've participated in a couple story and lymric contests. Also I'll hammer out some dates for Shrine visits.
0 x

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”