Lord Casca

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Martyna Z'muir
Librarian
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Library of Sosaria
Guild Abbreviation: LofS

Lord Casca

Post by Martyna Z'muir » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:01 pm

I have been surfing the forums a lot lately, mainly UOForums.com, to play historian in several of the threads concerning Casca.

There is some discussion as to wether or not he is evil, corrupt, or merely a pawn in the larger designs of the Shadowlords. I posted a transcript of the speech he gave on Sunday Jan. 19th, to a much more manageable audience than the night before...

Casca's speech on GL was FAR more benign then it has been on other shards, and Sherry the Mouse's reaction was far less reactionary on GL as well. On other shards, Casca declared that he was King and nothing else mattered - all 'other' governments, and independant (player ran) cities were to disband immediatly... This is obviously not a good thing for RP, and obviously a set up for conflict in the future.

I posted in a thread on UOForums about Casca's ascension to the throne, and made the off-hand comment "Do I smell a civil war?" Draconi responded with "Yes you do". Future confirmed.

It is reasonable to presume that Casca is replacing Blackthorn in the role of the 'corrupted Regent' ruling in Lord British's stead - a la Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny. In Ultima V, Blackthorn was corrupted by the Shadowlords into perverting the Virtues into an obscene set of laws that directly conflicted with the spirit of each. In the end, Lord British was returned to the throne and Blackthorn was banished from Britannia only to return as the Guardian's toady in Ultima IX: Ascension. I expect that the 'new laws' Casca mentioned offhandedly will be taken directly from Ultima V., and that his actions on GL will soon morph along the same corrupted path as other shards.

This presents a grand opportunity for the RP community to step up in a big way to lead the resistence publicly, and aid whatever EM chars take up that cause as well. A few people RPed their responses to Casca's speech, there is hope on GL that we aren't the last RP holdouts. I suggest we organize this now, prepare now...

Once my news posting password issues on Stratics have been straightened out, I will try to post often on the issues, and the RP community.

Civil war is coming, the writing is literally on the wall. Lets be ready.
0 x

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”