Need characters to advance your RP storyline/plot?

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

jwauk99
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Need characters to advance your RP storyline/plot?

Post by jwauk99 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Hello friends,

After a long long hiatus, I'm considering getting back into UO. It's been since 2001 since I played UO but am hoping to find enjoyment with it once again.

This time around, I'm hoping to play basically 'anonymous' characters. Perhaps the journeyman fisher with a habit of keeping worms in his pocket, the crazy old man who is hard of hearing, the young shepherd who lost her flock, etc. In addition, I'd like to keep a few of my character slots open and available to use for helping advanced other people's RP storylines and plots. One thing I remember about RPing back in the day of GL was that very FEW people want to play an "insignificant" role. And sometimes, I find those roles are the most fun to play. The seemingly random character who shows up for 5 minutes during an event and then perhaps is gone, never to be seen again, or rarely ever seen again. Something akin to the green robed Elders who's main role was often that of a supporting character in a Seer quest, but not the main character(s) themselves...

Obviously the downside to switching/changing characters often means that, I won't have characters with any real "in-game skills". So if you need someone for those purposes I'm doubting I can help.

For giggles, I spent a few hours in GL that last two nights, my very first time back in the realm in nearly 8 years. I found that, wandering around the various towns, it was very easily to get random people to RP with me, follow me to the local tavern to slam down a few pints of ale and discuss (IC) events happening in the world... I received my share of "Why do you talk that way, LOL ??" remarks as well, but overall, it was a blast and I had fun...

So, I may stick around for awhile and see what GL has to offer as it relates to RP.... Send me a PM if you like to touch base, or drop a message here.

Regards.
J
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)
UO Shard: Great Lakes

Re: Need characters to advance your RP storyline/plot?

Post by MalagAste » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Check your PM over on STratics as I left you a long detailed message over there..... and like I said...... Welcome home... I look forward to seeing you about.
0 x

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”