Newcastle Description ideas

Newcastle Township is located south of the Dungeon Wrong.

Moderator: MalagAste

Ariakas
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Newcastle Description ideas

Post by Ariakas » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 pm

The Township of Newcastle was founded many years ago and started as a small community of four buildings. Since its founding, Newcastle has grown into a well known Township with several citizens and many areas of interest.

Located north of Britain, The Township Newcastle is home to Princess Nikki, the Royal Knights of Virtue, and The Township of Newcastle's fun loving citizens. Located within the Great Northern forest and near a small mountain range, Newcastle is ideal for any would be crafter with its rich abundance of materials. Newcastle's very own Craft Association gets many of its resources from Newcastle itself. Also being nestled between two bays of water make Newcastle a great place for launching sailing vessels and an ideal place to bring trade goods.

In the heart of Newcastle you can find the Castle of Virtue. Home to Princess Nikki and her knights the Knights of Virtue, the Castle is the center point of Newcastle and holds many artifacts and rare items collected by the Knights throughout the years.

Newcastle is also home to the Wild Rose Inn which can get pretty busy during taverns knights. The Wild Rose Inn give weary travelers a place to eat, relax, and wash off the road dust in a mug of cool ale.

Some other areas of interest are: the Newcastle Priory, Newcastle Barracks and Stable, Newcastle Royal Gardens, and Novus Vitas which is a tower of the Order of the Ethereal Ankh just to name a few. Newcastle is also close to Ice dungeon and the dungeon of Wrong.

Those wishing to visit Newcastle should know that in is under the jurisdiction of the High Council and is subject to their laws. Also visitors can seek out any of the local citizens for directions or a tour of the town.

{See what you think, we can always add to it or change it around but this can be a starting point and we can see how we want to do the book.}
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Re: Newcastle Description ideas

Post by MalagAste » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 am

That's wonderful Ariakas. I've edited it a bit see what you all think.

The Township of Newcastle was founded in the year 345 (June, 2001) and started as a small community of four buildings. Since its founding, Newcastle has grown into a well known Township with several citizens and many areas of interest.

Located north of Britain, The Township Newcastle is home to Princess Nikki, the Royal Knights of Virtue who have served and protected the lands of Britannia for many years, and The Township of Newcastle's fun loving citizens. Located within the Great Northern forest and near a small mountain range, Newcastle is ideal for any would be crafter with its rich abundance of materials. Newcastle's very own Craft Association gets many of its resources from Newcastle itself. Also being nestled between two bays of water make Newcastle a great place for launching sailing vessels and an ideal place to bring trade goods.

In the heart of Newcastle you can find the Hall of Virtue. Home to Princess Nikki and her knights the Knights of Virtue, the Castle is the center point of Newcastle and holds many artifacts and rare items collected by the Knights throughout the years.

Newcastle is also home to the Wild Rose Inn which can get pretty busy during taverns nights. The Wild Rose Inn gives weary travelers a place to eat, relax, and wash off the road dust in a mug of cool ale.

Some other areas of interest are: the Newcastle Priory, Newcastle Barracks and Stable, Newcastle Royal Gardens, and Novus Vitas which is a tower of the Order of the Ethereal Ankh just to name a few. Newcastle is also close to Ice dungeon and the dungeon of Wrong. Newcastle is also a home away from home for many well known people.

Those wishing to visit Newcastle should know that in is under the jurisdiction of the High Council and is subject to their laws. Also visitors can seek out any of the local citizens for directions or a tour of the town.
Message boards are available on many of the buildings around town. We can also be reached on our tomes at uorcp.net. Just look for the forums and Great Lakes and you should be able find Newcastle Township and/or the Royal Knights of Virtue. (Check out the calendar for many GL’s and local Events)
0 x

Ludwig
Journeyman
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Post by Ludwig » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 pm

The Town of Newcastle was founded by the Royal Knights of Britannia in late 2001. The Royal Knights were originally stationed out of Castle British serving under Lord British. After the King’s disappearance, Royal Knights found themselves settled on the peninsula just west of Dungeon Wrong. The First Knight’s home was used as the original Town Hall with a tavern and healer’s station soon to follow. The residents got together and formed the Newcastle Township. Since the town has opened, it has sprawled to the south with the Castle as the focus of Newcastle. Other buildings include the Wild Rose Inn, Newcastle Bazaar, a priory, stable, and training barracks (all other main buildings to be listed here).

Newcastle is a player-run town with a focus on role-play. Within the town, residents can be found with various professions including knights, clerics, political figures, and simple craftsmen. The Castle functions as a town hall and meeting space for the Royal Knights of Virtue. The Newcastle Bazaar is where the hard working craftsmen can be found. The Wild Rose Inn regularly hosts tavern nights where characters can interact over a mug of ale.
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:15 am

[When I saw this thread I struggled to remember who it was around Newcastle at the beginning. At first I thought it was Boromir, but then I remembered it was even before him. I think it was Elijah. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember]
0 x

Ludwig
Journeyman
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Post by Ludwig » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Elijah
0 x

Ariakas
Noob

Post by Ariakas » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 am

Elijah had a sandstone and Sparhawk had the tavern which was a large L shape building. I was Elijahs squire and he first gave me a storage container at a house in Yew, which I think Sparhawk owned, before they shortly moved to the upper pennisula. Ahhh memories.
0 x

Return to “Newcastle Township”