Malag-aste Hla-ate Biography

Post your character's biography.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)
UO Shard: Great Lakes

Malag-aste Hla-ate Biography

Post by MalagAste » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:53 pm

I thought I would start this off ..... However this is my Biography from when I began as a Squire in the RKR, it's a tad outdated but I'll fix that later for now it's a decent example so here goes.

Name: Malag-aste

Age: Upwards of 300 (who keeps track after the first century anyway?)

Height: About 5 foot 8

Weight: Currently only 150 stones though he usually weighs around 180.

Race: Pure Drow

Description: Malag-aste has eyes of deep violet (though he does not look females in the eye) His body is heavily scarred. His back litterally criss crossed numerous times with raised welts left by whips. He has several odd tatoo's of runic like symbols on his chest and upper biceps. An enourmous gash runs from near his navel to his spine on the left side of his body as if he had been nearly cut in half. The wound appears angry and not completely healed. He has a few other minor scars and is missing the outter three toes of his left foot.
I have been asked to write a few words regarding who I am, where I came from, and how/why I decided to join the Squires. My name is Malag-aste as many of you realize I am Drow. I was born in a world very unlike yours. My homelands of Ra’Dashan exist on another shard very different from this one. This shard, if it is a true shard, has much the same look of your homeland, many of the same towns exist there however they exist in the deep underdark. The lands of my home world are mostly populated by the Drow. Where Humans and Surface elves are the vast majority here, Drow are in my homeland. I was born a Prince or Qu'ess. Meaning my Mother was a Valsharess Ilhar or Queen Mother. Drow houses are ranked numerically and our house was the Third House of Ra’Dashan the Hla-ate or Walkers of the Way. I was raised to be my Mothers assistant. I was schooled at the finest schools by the best teachers in the lands. It was when I became a young adult that my Mother set me on a new task, one of warring and battle. Again I was trained by the finest teachers in the lands. When my training was complete I was given command of my Mothers Army’s. But more overly I was given control over the one known as the Maker of the Undead. His name was Xunroos. He and I became good friends until tragedy befell my family and in anger Xunroos destroyed my home. It was shortly after that he fled here to your world and called himself Calibus. Eventually I followed him seeking revenge for my family and seeking to return him to my homeland. I am not sure when or how but somewhere along the way, perhaps when I found myself very close to death, I came to terms with my hatred for my friend I once called Brother. It was then I began to search for my purpose. During this time I also realized I no longer desired to return to my homeland. However it was apparent to me that I could not stay here either. I had violated many laws of this world. I will not excuse my behavior or belittle my actions, so I will not go into detail on my vast list of crimes against the peoples of this land. However, I did come to the conclusion that the more I learned of these strange virtues I kept hearing about the more I wished to learn. I began to seek knowledge about the virtues and start on a path of redemption. I attempted to redeem myself by helping or offering help to those I had previously wronged. Many times have I been thrown from my goal and forced to relive my past. Eventually I made the promise to my friend to give myself over to your people and be judged.
I will be honest in telling you that I considered and believed that the sentence I would be given by your courts would have been that of death. Even knowing that and believing that I was sure to be killed, I gave myself over to your courts for Judgment. Amazingly the Justicar of the High Court granted me the opportunity to continue seeking Redemption. It was in this judgment of your court that I came to serve in the Yew Militia for a period of nearly three years. My path was then blocked again by things out of my control and I found myself once again in the cells of the prisons of this land. Yet once again I have been given the opportunity to continue on my path to redemption. And having been so ordered by the courts of Britannia to serve the Royal Knights for participating in an assault upon them, I have come here to serve out my sentence. I look forward to this service as from what I have heard and learned so far it will benefit me on the path I seek.
After I fulfill that which I have been ordered to complete for the courts, I wish to live a peaceful life with what is left of my family. When the time comes I will re-evaluate my life and decide where to go from there.
Sincerely,

Malag-aste
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)
UO Shard: Great Lakes

Re: Malag-aste Hla-ate Biography

Post by MalagAste » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Continuing on the Path to Redemption as instructed by the Courts of Britannia Malag was officially cleared by the court having served all the duties required released from their charge.

Upon release Malag continued to serve the Royal Knights of Redemption and eventually was Knighted. He serves still as a Knight of the Realm and continues to uphold the laws of Britannia and Newcastle. Much turmoil within the Knights saw many take the Templarship and then leave in a state of madness. Even changing and restructuring the Knights many times over yet Malag continued his faithful service. He has also taken a wife something completely foreign to his kind. But Severn is not like his kind though she is Drow she most certainly is unlike any Drow Malag has ever known.

At present Malag continues to serve the Royal Knights. After they changed their name briefly to the Royal Knights of Virtue they then decided that it would be best if the leadership did not rest solely on one Knight so it was decided that they should form a Triumvirate. As it still is now that they have retaken their titles as Royal Knights of Redemption still they remain a Triumvirate. Malag-aste, Ludwig and Ariakas together serve as one leading the Knights of Redemption.

Though Ludwig and Ariakas had both traveled from Newcastle for years at a time Malag remained behind to keep watch upon the town. At one point the task was most difficult when he learned of the coming of The Rylna to the lands. Malag took it upon himself to move his brother in spirit, Xunroos (Calibus, Setatabon) to Newcastle. This move did drive many of the Newcastle Citizens from the borders of Newcastle as they would not live in the same town as a Demon. Malag has also turned a blind eye to his brothers use of the dark art of Necromancy if for no other reason than the protection of his Brother. Malag feels that the world is best served if Xunroos remained hidden from it. Malag maintains a close watch upon Newcastle and his brother while also serving in the Royal Spies under Magnus Grey, as well as upon the High Council of Britannia as the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Malag continues to protect Newcastle and his brother from the ever increasing danger of The Rylna. Keeping them at bay and maintaining a network of wards on the borders of the land in hopes that he might keep Xunroos hidden from those who seek to use him.
0 x

Return to “Biographies”