UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

The Life of Tanda Kristensen DeWitt McLeod Adkins

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Tanda Solstice Kristensen
Was born March 17th 329
In the Town of Minoc to Sol Ane Kristensen and Stargazer Eostra Herbbinder

Second born daughter of 4 (Jaide Mary Kristensen, stillborn son, Francesca Mephitis Kristensen, Serenity Faith Kristensen McLeod)
Married Adam DeWitt December 354, divorced 380
Married Cain McLeod 21 May 385, presumed widowed 9 July 403
Handfasted to Tracival Douglas Adkins August 12th 419 in Minoc, left 421, returned 449, handfasting ended 451

Race Human, Hair is naturally red, eyes green, height around 5'8", amply curvy but average weight of about 130 stones or so. Often smells of herbs and reagents. Naturally outgoing, easy to talk to, follower of Compassion. Living by a motto to harm none. Free spirited, good in alliance though not always lawful.

Sol Ane Kristensen of Minoc was a lumberman, furniture maker and farmer. Decendent from a Norse lineage traditionally pagan esque in belief until conversion to a faith in Minoc's strict code of sacrifice and no magic when they arrived in Sosaria from Earth. His family disowned him upon marriage to Stargazer Herbbinder.

Stargazer Eostra Herbbinder, of the Herbbinder Solaren Coven, clan hailing to the forests between Yew and Minoc. Stargazer was raised in an earthen religious tradition using the elements, energy and natural flora to protect, heal and cure many local residents. The family fled earth to avoid the witch persecutions there only to find they were criminals in Minoc as well eventually.

Tanda was raised in a household that worked ceasingly to maintain balance and harmony. My mother was a fiercely outspoken, poorly accepted example of the proper wife, often restricted to the homestead to spare father's dignity. I began learning the craft as soon as I could speak, began education in potion making when strong enough to use a mortar and pestle. Mother- daughter trips,for those daughters interested, to seasonal rituals and ceremonies began as soon as we were able to walk. In addition to that training, father insisted each daughter learn a more "wifely skill" be it cooking, sewing or what have you in addition to tending the gardens and sheep.

Mother died shortly after childbirth with Serenity in April of 339. Then began the raising of the younger siblings and maintenance of the household. When Serenity reached adulthood the rest of us were free to pursue our own lives. Magic was still something my father frowned upon, until his death bed. After my first marriage ended career choices shifted as I met Cain McLeod of the Highland Guard. Public service as Justicar's assistant to Lifestar of Yew, followed by Justicar, Minister of Public affairs, Chancellor, Mayor of Minoc a long and distinguished career. ha!

To retirement, a quiet life as Tavern owner, Librarian and recluse after marriage to Trace Adkins of Minoc (who has been in and out of service to the yew Militia). I had been sucessfully secluded for nearly 30 years until Trace's return to Britannia.
0 x

Return to “Biographies”