FoF for 6/05/09: Beta Launch

News from the UO Herald (Patch Notes, announcements, and FoF) Please discuss these posts in General Chat or 'The Ranter's Soapbox' as appropriate.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

FoF for 6/05/09: Beta Launch

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:17 am

Originally posted 05 Jun 2009 16:19:40 by Chrissay Zeeman on the UO Herald:

In this week's Five on Friday we cover Gargolye flying abilities, Doom Gauntlet, and skill points on Jewelry.

I've noticed that melee skill points on jewels and items dont count towards combat abilities, such as special moves, hit chance increase, etc. i was wondering if that was designed to be that way or if it is a bug. spell casting skill points of items count towards those abilities. example of what im mean if i have 60 base tactics and use an item with 10 tactics to get to 70 tactics i still cant use the special moves for the weapon and get a que saying i require 70 tactics to use that move.

Melee skill points on jewelry and items not counting towards special move skill requirements is as designed.

-Leurocian

--

Since the gargoyle flying ability is being made so similar to being mounted, can we assume they will only have 4 taming slots? Or will they be able to fly with a greater dragon?

Possibly requiring a control slot for gargoyles while they are flying is something that the team is still currently evaluating.

-Leurocian

--

Since the doom gauntlet now uses a point system to determine artifacts, do the points get whipped out after leaving doom or do they build up, letting you get a higher chance each trip until you receive the artifact?

The points build up until you receive an artifact.

-Leurocian

--

Will another char slot be included with SA?

There are no current plans to include another character slot for SA.

-Leurocian

--

Is there any progress with regards to making (for example) Black Staffs/Cleavers/Hatchets craftable? & if not, when SA comes out, will it be possible to unravel/imbue those items?

I don’t recall any plans to making black staves, cleavers, and hatchets craftable; however, you will be able to unravel/imbue those items.

-Leurocian

Announcements:

We have sent out our first round of Beta invitations last night. If you didn’t get into this round we will have plenty of other opportunities for invitations.

--

Player run events and fansite news can be found in this week’s community spotlight here (http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php).

--

Come on you know you want to submit your question for the Five on Friday. Click here (http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php).
0 x

Return to “Global UO News”