FoF for 7/10/09: Blackrock Rocks Your Socks!

News from the UO Herald (Patch Notes, announcements, and FoF) Please discuss these posts in General Chat or 'The Ranter's Soapbox' as appropriate.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

FoF for 7/10/09: Blackrock Rocks Your Socks!

Post by Lord DaKaren » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Originally posted 17 Jul 2009 15:32:48 by Chrissay Zeeman on the UO Herald:

In this week's Five on Friday we cover Honorable Execution, Personal Blessed deeds, and Blackrock.

Is there a plan to start the blackrock turnins again or is the blackrock showing up for a diffrent reason?

It’s showing up for a different reason, as it can be used to weaken the barriers around the Shadowlords
-Draconi

--

I missed out on both personal bless deeds and item bless deeds and have been sorry ever since i played before and after :O( will you ever give those out again?

Objects of such exceptional power should only be available in the most rarest of events – perhaps such a day will come again.
-Draconi

--

When do you come to be able to see Fur Salong/Fur Cape/Formal/Gilded Dress Shirt in PD and Fields?

I’m afraid there’re no current plans to make new paperdoll and animation art for those items, as much as we’d love to, we’re focused on all the new additions to SA
-Draconi

--

Why are most of the threads dropped in magnecia not stackable? Some of them will stack and some will not, will this be fixed in any publish coming up soon?

There are no plans to change this. They all CAN stack; it is just a matter of finding the right threads to allow stacking.
-Misk

--

Does the Bushido spell Honorable Execution, when successfully used really give you the bonus it is supposed to? I don't notice anything such bonus.

I’ve dug into the code to make sure this spell is working as advertised and this is what I found:

When the spell is first cast, you get a increase to hit chance based on your bushido skill level regardless of your target’s honor.

If you have successfully honored your opponent with the honor virtue, you will also gain a damage bonus based on your skill level and perfection bonus. Perfection bonus increases each time you hit your honored opponent. This damage bonus is in addition to the normal bonus you get to damage for honor perfection.

If the hit kills the enemy, the player gets healed and swing speed is increased for approximately 20 seconds. If you miss, your resists and magic defense is penalized for approximately 7 seconds. You are also unable to use special moves while the negative effects are on you. You can also remove the negative effects with a successful parry.

The part that might be confusing is that you cannot honor another player in PvP. So this spell will not give you any bonuses (outside of the initial hit chance increase) in PvP combat.
-Supreem

--

Announcements:

Player run events and fansite news is found in the Community Spotlight (http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=861).

--

We are still accepting applications for the Stygian Abyss Expansion Closed beta. Submit yours here (https://betacenter.eamythic.com/UOSA/).

--

Do you have what it takes to stump the Devs? Submit your Five on Friday questions Here (http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php).
0 x

Return to “Global UO News”