Proposed Sixth Royal Constitution of the Kingdom o Britannia

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
basil
Apprentice
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Proposed Sixth Royal Constitution of the Kingdom o Britannia

Post by basil » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:31 am

The proposed Sixth Constitution of the Kingdom of Britannia.

Please see attached PDF.

EDIT: File has been updated to reflect errors pointed out by Tanda. Thank you!

EDIT: Have added language from meeting to Article 3 to address issue of Enemies of the State coming before the High Council. Also, it was later raised about how the confirmation vote for a Minister to the Chancellor's cabinet needed clarification in Article 10. It was noted a simple majority or a tiebreaker scenario.
Attachments
SixthConstitution.pdf
Sixth Constitution of the High Council
(101.64 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Last edited by basil on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Re: Proposed Sixth Royal Constitution of the Kingdom o Brita

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Hello Everyone,
As I have been having bouts of feeling rather poorly, I took the liberty of posting these notes and observation in the event for some as yet unknown reason I am bedridden or to ill to attend.
Blessed Be,
Justicar Tanda Knighthawke Governor of Minoc

Overall observations:
Article 1, Section A I believe should read "set forth by THE Crown" in it's current state "The" is missing.

Article 1, Section B either should read "advocates" plural OR "serves to advocate for"

I am uncertain if mention of current lands with Treaties and/or ambassadors as recognized by King Blackthorn should be mentioned. Or if because they may change left to be listed in some other manner.

Article III
Section A. I think that the Enemies of the State should be allowed, but that a written request for a "truce" or such be required prior to the audience with the High Council. It seems unlikely that our Military would appreciate E.O.S. arriving with no notice.

Article VI
Section F... Shall "rescue" is this a typo? should it not be Recuse?

Article XIX
Section F Marshall needs to be corrected to Marshal

Article XXI
Owned by Lord British???? King Blackthorn is the rightful Crown, to me this part seems a bit contradictory.

(OOC: I think in general the new version reads very well, it opens up many avenues for expanded RP. I know traditionally such changes meet with huge resistance or have. I think it is important to note that just because so many offices, titles or roles exist does NOT mean they all have to be filled NOR does it mean if they can NOT be we should simply chuck it all and give up or that the Council can NOT exist if we can NOT meet every single opportunity to add new people. Thanks, Me)
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Lady Tanda,

Thank you for catching several of the typos.

*laughs*

As you can imagine, the eyes just start to gloss over after proof reading such a document several times. They will be corrected.

I agree a written request should be received and agreed to before an enemy of the state could seek audience with the Council. Be it via pigeon or mail.

Look forward to hearing more tonight.

-Max von Bayer

[OOC: Thank you for posting these incase you can't make it tonight. Some good thoughts. I am also happy you get what I was doing with adding positions. I don't expect us to fill many of them at time present time or maybe ever. Problem was, there were few too ways to act as part of the Council in the previous constitutions. For most, it was either sit and watch or guard the meeting. There just weren't many ways for people to 'buy in' to the Council if they wanted to. This Constitution opens up new avenues for people to actually feel like they are officially a piece of it. They might be more inclined to show in order to give a report, or just to make sure someone else gives the full report and doesn't accidentally leave something out. Even then, stuff like the War Cabinet would give Poly the power to make people feel more involved with the Council and a part of it even if they don't attend the main meetings. To me, the Council strengthens when more people feel like they are a part of it rather than just an observer.]
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:36 pm

[OOC: File has been updated with proposed changes from Constitutional Congress]
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”