Log of the High Council Meeting on 7/13/15

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 7/13/15

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Log of the 464th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 464th session of the High Council of Britannia.
Cobweb: *waves to Goldie*
The Shadow: *returns the nod*
DaKaren: Britannia has been relatively sedate since our last session.
DaKaren: However, there was an attempted regicide on the despot...er...Sultan of Nujel'm.
DaKaren: It failed. *shrugs slightly*
The Shadow: *listens intently*
DaKaren: I have heard rumor that the Time Lord will again be requesting citizens recover a gemstone next week.
DaKaren: He appears to be going after a Rondorin emerald, so I would gear for the Tokuno Isles.
DaKaren: As the Council knows, we opened a nomination period for the three Justicar positions.
Malag aste: *closes the book and slides it into the folds of his hakama*
DaKaren: Election Administrator Kivlov, would you please inform the Council as to the status of any nominees...
Nevahs Blazefire: *Shifts uncomfortably and stares at Malag's head.*
Guntur Kivlov: *ahem*
Guntur Kivlov: Thank you chancellor
Guntur Kivlov: We have received two letters of Intent for the Justicar position.
Guntur Kivlov: The "Shadow" and Nevahs'en
The Shadow: *nods to the crowd*
Guntur Kivlov: The two candidates are both with us this evening as well
Guntur Kivlov: Welcome to both of you.
Nevahs Blazefire: *Bows courteously*
Guntur Kivlov: Feel free to introduce yourselves to the Chancellor and Councilors, as well as the citizenry at your leisure.
Guntur Kivlov: We will have debates in the future as well as a general election to the position.
Guntur Kivlov: I will have some future questions for both of you later on... mostly for bookkeeping
The Shadow: *nods*
Guntur Kivlov: Mr. The shadow, do you have a more formal name you would like to be addressed as?
The Shadow: Bert is good.
Guntur Kivlov: Thank you Bert, and thank you again for joining us this evening.
The Shadow: A pleasure.
Guntur Kivlov: Chancellor, would you like the candidates to introduce themselves formally tonight?
DaKaren: Aye, that sounds grand.
Guntur Kivlov: Bert, would you like to introduce yourself?
The Shadow: Certainly.
The Shadow: I wasn't expecting to make any speeches, so I will try.
Guntur Kivlov: oh oh... no need. just a simple introduction
The Shadow: I am what some call a Shardwalker.
The Shadow: I have travelled here from afar and found this to be an interesting place.
The Shadow: I am known mostly as the Shadow, but Bert has always been a good name to use.
The Shadow: I have always had an interest in Justice, so I look forward to the process.
Guntur Kivlov: Thank you Bert.
Guntur Kivlov: Miss Nevahs'en?
Malag aste: *produces a worn leather bound book from his Hakama and a pen and scribes a few notes into it*
Malag aste: *returns the book to the folds of his hakama*
Nevahs Blazefire: Greetings, I'm Nevahs'en Blazefire. I live in Newcastle and currently serve in the Royal Knights of Redemption as a Squire.
Guntur Kivlov: Thank you.
Guntur Kivlov: Alright Chancellor. That is all of the Election matters for today. Until debates can be scheduled
DaKaren: Well, this at least leaves room for debate as to who would become the Chief Justicar.
DaKaren: A debate is tentatively scheduled for next Monday at 8pm
DaKaren: Who will host it has yet to be decided...
DaKaren: However, it has been suggested that the debate be moved off till the next High Council Session, thus altering the election timetable.
Tanda: I'd second that motion to do this at the next High Council meeting
Norman Arminger: I suggest we allow a little for time for additional candidates to come forth.
DaKaren: Very well.. Anyone else?
DaKaren: Extend the deadline which has already passed?
Norman Arminger: or at least allow others to apply between now and next Monday.
Malag aste: Since we are seeking three candidates I don't see that it would hurt to extend the application period if we are postponing the debate.
The Shadow: Well, I have always thought of myself as good as two people if that helps..
DaKaren: Anyone else with the application deadline to be extended?
The Shadow: *smirks politely*
Norman Arminger: Rather arrogant...
DaKaren: This is a decision the Council would have to agree to.
Guntur Kivlov: He will fit right in.
Norman Arminger: Being new to the Council I will reserve judgment on the rest of you.
Dot Warner: Well, we need three... So...might as well.
Norman Arminger: *smiles*
DaKaren: Administrator Kivlov, are you agreeable to extensions?
Guntur Kivlov: I vote nay to the extension, given the gravity of the position.
Guntur Kivlov: but will of course, follow the ruling of the Council
DaKaren: Let's take an official vote...
DaKaren: Councilor Goldie, how does the city of New Magincia vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Goldie: I vote for an extension
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie, how does the city of Moonglow vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Kittie: Aye, I vote for an extension.
DaKaren: Councilor Arminger, how does the city of Trinsic vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Norman Arminger: I vote aye because of the importance of the situation.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, how does the city of Minoc vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Tanda: Minoc votes in favor of the extension
DaKaren: Councilor Jameison, how does the city of Jhelom vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Thom Jameison: aye why not the more the merrier
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, how does the city of Britain vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Dot Warner: Britain votes aye
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, how does Newcastle Township vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Kittie: *sniffs the air and lets out a low growl*
Cobweb: *snarls
Guntur Kivlov: With respect, I still vote against the extension. Nay.
Cobweb: I just saw Belaern
Guntur Kivlov: Belaern!
DaKaren: Minister Hla-ate, how do you vote on extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session?
Kittie: *she looks over to John*
John: *nods slowly*
Malag aste: I vote for the extension.
Kittie: *nods*
DaKaren: The vote is 7 to 1 in favor of extending the deadline for Justicar applications to an hour before the 465th session.
Malag aste: Would seem so.
DaKaren: The 465th session may actually be the debate itself... We shall see.
DaKaren: I will have an update out publicly by this Wednesday.
DaKaren: Grand Marshal Polynikes, would you please brief the Council on military matters in the Kingdom?
Goldie: hmm
Polynikes of Yew: Thank you, Chancellor
Goldie: *grips item tightly*
Polynikes of Yew: Things have been quiet recently.
Polynikes of Yew: No attacks have been reported since the attack at the Royal Council Meeting
Polynikes of Yew: You have posted warrants and we have been keeping a look out for Belaern and his
Polynikes of Yew: associates.
Polynikes of Yew: If any citizens has information please contact me as soon as possible.
Polynikes of Yew: That is all I have for the Council at this time.
DaKaren: *nods*
DaKaren: Thank you, Grand Marshal.
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, does the Township of Newcastle have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Guntur Kivlov: There has been little of note in Newcastle, and considering the time I took with the election
Guntur Kivlov: issues, I will not take up any more of the Council's time. Thank you Chancellor.
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: Aye, thank you.
Dot Warner: Britain fares well.
Dot Warner: There is still more than 148 million gold in the city coffer.
Dot Warner: The Smuggler's Run Regatta is happening next month, on either Saturday the 15th or the 22nd at 1pm under the central stars.
Cobweb: *keeping an watchful eye for Baleran*
Dot Warner: As with last year, it shall start in at the Moonglow docks and end at the docks on Skara Brae.
Dot Warner: The Tribune will carry the announcement once I have finalized the date.
Dot Warner: The grand prize will again be a large Britannian Ship.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: Minoc has been quiet
Tanda: we're hearing rumblings
Tanda: about labor issues
Tanda: I've not yet been able to confirm any specific events
Tanda: or issues
Tanda: so if anyone hears anything please let me know
Tanda: and I'll continue to listen and investigate
Tanda: other than that all is well
DaKaren: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilor Jameison, does the city of Jhelom have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Thom Jameison: Thank you Sir
Thom Jameison: Jhelom is doing well over all.
Thom Jameison: Trade increases and we have had no attacks in the city.
Thom Jameison: We are making inroads into the pirate threat.
DaKaren: Grand.
Thom Jameison: If the council needs some of my troops to help with Council and Royal Council security
Thom Jameison: I will make them available.
Thom Jameison: That is all I have to report at this time Chancellor.
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie, does the city of Moonglow have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Kittie: The city of Moonglow is doing quite well, with little if any issues to truly report. The only issue that seems to be standing, is the Moonglow garden gala and faire..
Kittie: We still have no competitors who have signed up for any of the events. I worry that such an event will even be able to take place..
Cobweb: *claps*
Kittie: I still look to ask my fellow Governors for their assistance in both rallying people and in the many events for judging.
Cobweb: *we support you Governor Kitty*
Kittie: *smiles and nods to Cobweb in thanks*
Kittie: I Wish To Secure This
Kittie: Aside from this, I have nothing further to report.
Kittie: Thank you kindly. *smiles*
DaKaren: Councilor Arminger, does the city of Trinsic have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Norman Arminger: Trinsic is doing well.
Norman Arminger: No attacks or other incidents to report.
Norman Arminger: I was planning a town meeting this Wed but will have to reschedule that.
Norman Arminger: That is all I have for the Council.
DaKaren: Minister Hla-ate, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Malag aste: In my duties as the Minister of Virtue I don't have anything to report things are still as you know
Malag aste: quite unstable with all the findings of these moonstones. Hopefully things will calm back down soon.
Malag aste: As for my duties as the High Justicar Pro-tempore, I have endorsed the warrants for Belaern and Rodrik
Malag aste: offered by Britain and
Malag aste: extended them to the entire Kingdom.
Dot Warner: *smiles*
Cobweb: *smiles*
Malag aste: Other than that I don't have anything unless someone has actually caught one of these villains.
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
The Shadow: I wish to thank the HC for the pleasant and informative evening.
DaKaren: You are most welcome.
DaKaren: Anyone else?
Malag aste: *looks over his shoulder at Nevahs*
DaKaren: No one? Very well then...
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 464th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”