Log of the High Council Meeting on 1/25/16

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 1/25/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Log of the 477th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 477th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: The kingdom has remained relatively quiet, barring peace-summit-turned-row between the elves of Heartwood and Sanctuary.
DaKaren: The Ministry of Security has their hands full dealing with that particular social rift.
DaKaren: However, if they succeed, perhaps they will tackle the Elf-Drow divide next.
Martyna Z'muir: *snorts*
DaKaren: *shrugs* Stranger things...
DaKaren: Grand Marshal Polynikes, would you please brief the Council on military matters in the Kingdom?
Polynikes of Yew: *nods* Thank you, Chancellor
Polynikes of Yew: Just a warning for all who attend gatherings such as this meeting or trials.
Polynikes of Yew: We did have an attack during the trial. Seems some of Rodrik's men tried to kill the accused.
Polynikes of Yew: He was wounded.
Polynikes of Yew: The attack started when someone inside the court chamber cast a gate
Polynikes of Yew: then the attackers rushed in.
Polynikes of Yew: They were repulsed but I need to warn everyone that in meetings such as this or gatherings
DaKaren: *nods*
Polynikes of Yew: such as a trial.
Polynikes of Yew: My men will be enforcing some rules.
Polynikes of Yew: No armed weapons, and no spells cast inside these chambers.
DaKaren: Perhaps the casting of a gate in the courthouse should be a punishable offense?
Polynikes of Yew: My men have been ordered to take any such action as a hostile move.
pabII: they do not care they are criminals already
Polynikes of Yew: We will also be trying to identify any strangers who are attending the proceedings.
DaKaren: Councilor PabII has a valid point...
Polynikes of Yew: Please bear with us. We will try to minimize any interference that these steps cause.
DaKaren: Chief Justicar Blazefire, do you wish to weigh in on the topic?
Nevahs Blazefire: No comments at this time.
Polynikes of Yew: That is all I have to share with the council at this time. I will answer any questions that the
Polynikes of Yew: Council might have.
pabII: I have one
DaKaren: Councilor, go ahead...
pabII: how do you stop them when they must have runes to the buildings
Polynikes of Yew: We cannot stop them from coming to the building
Polynikes of Yew: We can try and prevent them from gating directly inside
Polynikes of Yew: a subtle tactical difference I am sure you would agree.
pabII: nods
Mr E: Rules won't stop that from happening. A preventative force would deter it.
DaKaren: Aye, rules won't deter a criminal.
Polynikes of Yew: We have the force in place
Polynikes of Yew: too bad you are not willing to help us defend Governor
DaKaren: I think he meant the use of force...
Polynikes of Yew: But rules of engagement now allow my men to react quicker.
DaKaren: Of which I concur...
Polynikes of Yew: No question if someone casts a spell or a gate they will be dealt with at once.
Polynikes of Yew: As you all know
Mr E: Or at least before several die like last time I am sure
pabII: yes I heard the last one that did that was killed
Polynikes of Yew: even a building with wards designed to stop magic dos not protect us.
DaKaren: The only issue with that might be those afflicted with magical Tourette’s…
Polynikes of Yew: If you remember the attacks at Blackthorns castle.
Polynikes of Yew: they need to seek cure
Polynikes of Yew: my men's cure is rather permanent.
Polynikes of Yew: *smiles*
Polynikes of Yew: *looks about*
Polynikes of Yew: any other questions?
DaKaren: Well, that might be a tad too stark.
Polynikes of Yew: *smiles* I defer to the Chancellor and the Justicar.
pabII: not with these vermin
Polynikes of Yew: We can use less lethal means
DaKaren: I'd say the gate spell should be the first spell to fall under this rule...its length of casting is to your benefit.
Polynikes of Yew: reciting Chancellors speeches is rumored to put people to sleep
Polynikes of Yew: *nods* you are correct.
DaKaren: Any other questions for the Grand Marshal?
Polynikes of Yew: Thankyou then
DaKaren: Thank you, Grand Marshal.
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, does the Township of Newcastle have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Guntur Kivlov: In light of recent events...
Guntur Kivlov: Newcastle has nothing to bring up the council tonight... But there have been some unsettling rumors
DaKaren: Rumors?
Guntur Kivlov: If I hear something... founded... I will inform the council.
Guntur Kivlov: That is all I have Chancellor.
DaKaren: Hmmm. Very well. Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: Thank you Chancellor
Tanda: Minoc has been quiet
Tanda: we're trying to remain ready for whatever legal issues coming
Tanda: That is all I have Sir
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: Britain is doing quite well, with nearly 200 million in the coffers...and virtually nothing to spend it on.
Dot Warner: Maybe one day. *shrugs*
Dot Warner: The Third Annual Trans-Britannia Derby is scheduled for this Saturday the 30th at 4pm, with the start line at the dock of mainland Skara Brae and the finish on the Trinsic dock.
Dot Warner: Gates will be available from both Britain and Luna prior to the start.
Dot Warner: As always, registration may be done through the Tribune.
Dot Warner: Please help spread the word and encourage participation.
Dot Warner: That is all. Thank you.
DaKaren: Councilor PabII, does the City of Yew have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
pabII: yew is quiet for now nothing to report. thank you
DaKaren: Councilor Jameison, does the city of Jhelom have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Thom Jameison: The city is peaceful and prosperous.
Thom Jameison: I really have little to share with this Council at this time.
Thom Jameison: *crosses arms*
DaKaren: Councilor Arminger, does the city of Trinsic have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Norman Arminger: Trinsic is doing well. no issues at this time. I am interested in hearing from our
Norman Arminger: Chief Justicar regarding the trial for the accused.
Norman Arminger: Other than that I have nothing else to share at this time.
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie, does the city of Moonglow have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Kittie: *ahem* Thus far the only happenings that Moonglow has to report is a recent theft.
DaKaren: What was stolen?
Kittie: It would appear an angel statue was stolen from the Scholar's Inn sometime over the past few days.
Kittie: The guards are looking into the recent theft with hopes of finding the statue unharmed and ultimately returning it to its rightful owners.
Bentley: *frowns*
Kittie: Other than this episode of misfortune, that is all I have to report. Thank you Chancellor.
DaKaren: Councilor E, does the city of New Magincia have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Mr E: Magincia continues to be in good fortune. Our coffers are full. The people who live and visit
Mr E: Magincia seem to be happy. Trade is going well. Nothing much other to report at this time.
Mr E: *tips cap*
DaKaren: Adjutant Bentley, does the city of Skara Brae have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Bentley: *pulls out Governor Farrah's notes*
Bentley: I'm pleased with the progress regarding the New Magincia consulate, as an allied force we plan to
Bentley: return Skara Brae to the once peaceful and prosperous city it once was
Bentley: We are currently going over a few things to top off the coffers of the city.
Bentley: That is all that Governor Farrah had for me to report this evening Chancellor.
DaKaren: Thank you, Adjutant.
DaKaren: Minister Hla-ate, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Malag aste: No not at this time
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Chief Justicar Blazefire, does the High Court have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Nevahs Blazefire: The trial for Syephen Maxwell had to be rescheduled because of a lack of a prosecutor. As soon as time and my schedule permit, I will
Nevahs Blazefire: be meeting with the prisoner and his counsel to discuss this. That is all I have at this time.
DaKaren: Thank you, Chief Justicar.
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
DaKaren: Nay? Very well then...
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 477th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.
0 x

-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Return to “High Council Open Forum”