Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/08/16

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/08/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Log of the 478th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 478th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Britannia remains relatively quiescent, however, I am informed that the wisps have expressed concern over a 'cataclysm' wish has befallen Sosaria.
DaKaren: From what I have heard, the cataclysm in question is Eodon.
DaKaren: I would imagine that Xornia finds its trans-temporal nature disturbing.
DaKaren: While it is a curious place for the Time Lord to choose to anchor Shadowguard, the choice has been made...for good or for ill
DaKaren: Xornia isn't prone to succumbing to paranoia...usually...
DaKaren: Regardless, the matter and the wisps bear careful observation.
DaKaren: I would not want their binary calculations to decide that collapsing our little fold in reality is in their best interests.
DaKaren: *sighs*
Martyna Z'muir: *arches a brow*
DaKaren: I neglected to remind the Councilors to review the proposed changes to Articles VII, VIII, XIII and the B.A.F. Charter overhaul during the last session.
DaKaren: The proposals are on the High Council's forum for discussion.
DaKaren: I intend to put them up for vote at the 479th session, so there is still time for additional changes.
DaKaren: In fact, I updated them last night after feedback from Lord Knighthawke. *nods to John*
DaKaren: Please review the documents thoroughly.
DaKaren: Now, also regarding the Sixth Constitution, there are a matter of committees...
DaKaren: I intend to seat them all tonight, so that they are prepared if needed.
DaKaren: Committee chairs are seniority-based, but additional membership is more fluid.
DaKaren: Technically, we have already engaged the Confirmation Committee, and it is chaired by Councilor Kivlov.
DaKaren: The Defense Committee has also met, though somewhat informally, and it will be formally chaired by Councilor Warner.
Guntur Kivlov: *Nods*
Dot Warner: *nods*
John: Thank you.
Misstery: *nods*
DaKaren: The Defense Committee has also met, though somewhat informally, and it will be formally chaired by Councilor Warner.
DaKaren: The Justice Committee, which we have yet to form, will be headed by Councilor Knighthawke.
Tanda: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilors Kivlov and Knighthawke may name two additional councilors to their committees.
DaKaren: The Defense Committee shall remain as is, with Councilors PabII and Knighthawke.
Tanda: I'd like to recommend Councilor Kittie of Moonglow
DaKaren: *nods*
Tanda: And Mr. E if he'd be willing
DaKaren: And a second?
DaKaren: *looks to Councilor E*
Mr E: I am at the mercy of the people and the council. I will do what is needed
DaKaren: *smirks*
DaKaren: Very well.
DaKaren: Chairman Kivlov?
Guntur Kivlov: I would like to appoint Farrah and Thom Jameison.
Mr E: They should get along very well
Mr E: *smiles*
Farrah: I willingly accept. *smiles*
DaKaren: *nods to Councilor Farrah*
Guntur Kivlov: *nods and smile*
DaKaren: I will speak with the missing Councilors about their respective committees.
DaKaren: Good to have that squared away.
DaKaren: The Grand Marshal was unfortunately unable to be with us for this session.
DaKaren: Should he wish to append a report to this session's log, it will ensure that it is posted.
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie is also unable to be with is this session, she is feeling under the weather.
DaKaren: She would like to remind everyone of the MNM Net toss this weekend at the New Magincian dock at 8pm by the central stars.
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, does the Township of Newcastle have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Guntur Kivlov: We have been well in Newcastle. I have nothing of importance to report. Thank you.
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: Minoc and Knighthawke Trading Company have taken over Majestic Oaks role
Tanda: with the musicians
Tanda: who visit our shard
Tanda: Thus far the first event went well
Tanda: That's all
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: Britain remains quite happy and prosperous.
Dot Warner: There are rumors about an arrogant mage running up tabs all over the city, though I haven't seen the man myself. *shrugs*
Dot Warner: The Third Annual Trans-Britannia Derby ran last weekend and has a surprisingly decent last-minute turn out.
Dot Warner: Pai Mei riding Nightfall took first place, Diogi riding Dashome took second, and LionHeart riding Eyewynn took third.
Dot Warner: Congratulations to all three! *smiles*
Dot Warner: I'd also like to thank Governor E for contributing twenty million gold to increase the first place purse.
Dot Warner: I've yet to decide if I wish to run the King's Cup for a third year...
Mr E: *tips cap*
Dot Warner: It's not only expensive, but somewhat stressful. The fact that several contestants for the last Cup failed to show hasn't helped. *frowns*
Dot Warner: I'll continue to consider the options.
Dot Warner: That is all. Thank you.
DaKaren: Councilor PabII, does the City of Yew have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
pabII: Yew is doing well at this time nothing new to report. Thank you Chancellor
DaKaren: Councilor E, does the city of New Magincia have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Mr E: Magincia is in the early stages of setting up an Olympics for the realm
Mr E: I will be seeking ideas on how to split it up with the council
Mr E: If we want to have cities represented or factions
Mr E: That is all we have it is early stages right now.
DaKaren: Sounds interesting.
John: *salutes*
DaKaren: Councilor Farrah, does the City of Skara Brae have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Farrah: Skara Brae is doing well. New Magincia has been a great support, I'm hopeful that Skara Brae...
Farrah: will continue thrive. That is all for this evening. *smiles*
DaKaren: Minister Hla-ate, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Malag aste: I have nothing at this time, thank you.
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Minister Todie, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Earlhad Todie: thank you
Earlhad Todie: Been very busy but nothing new to report tonight
Earlhad Todie: I will have some news next month
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Chief Justicar Blazefire, does the High Court have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Nevahs Blazefire: Nothing to report at this time.
DaKaren: Thank you, Chief Justicar.
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
Martyna Z'muir: *looks around*
Martyna Z'muir: No?
Mr E: I have one more question if I may.
DaKaren: *nods to Councilor E*
DaKaren: Please...
Mr E: Does Lord Earlhad have any further recollection of his abduction
Mr E: I know this was important to Goldie and as a citizen I wanted to follow up
DaKaren: *looks to the Minister*
Earlhad Todie: I have
DaKaren: Minister Todie?
Earlhad Todie: but have been asked to keep it quite while they gather some more evidence
Mr E: *nods*
Earlhad Todie: Mr. E I will have them fill you in privately at a later date away from the meeting
Earlhad Todie: We don’t want to have any potential false accusations posted in the meeting
Mr E: I am glad you are safe and that we can continue to make progress.
DaKaren: Anyone else?
Martyna Z'muir: *looks around again*
Martyna Z'muir: *arches a brow*
DaKaren: * sighs*
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 478th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.
0 x

-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Return to “High Council Open Forum”