Log of the High Council Meeting on 4/04/16

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 4/04/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Log of the 482nd Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 482nd session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: To begin this eve, I would like to congratulate Britannia's newest power-couple, Councilors Farrah and Mr. E, on their recent nuptials.
DaKaren: They had a lovely service at a chapel in New Magincia.
DaKaren: May you both share many happy years together! *smiles*
Redlow DeSule: *cheers*
Kittie: *claps*
Thom Jameison: *smiles*
Leon DeLuc: *Applauds*
DaKaren: In matters of the realm, the danger posed by the fragmented world of Balema was ended without major incident.
DaKaren: If Gilforn was successful, Balema should be anchored within the Void and accessible from Stonegate.
DaKaren: Also, the immediate threat from daemons known as the 'Dark Unknown' has been dealt with. Though I have a feeling we have not heard the last of them.
DaKaren: The Seventh Annual Bunny Bash drew a decent crowd in Skara Brae, protecting the kingdom's farms for another year.
DaKaren: Travelers in Eodon are still being plagued by random myrmidex attacks, so please stay alert when venturing there.
DaKaren: Grand Marshal Polynikes, would you please brief the Council on military matters in the Kingdom?
Polynikes of Yew: Thank you Chancellor members of the Council
Polynikes of Yew: I ask everyone to warn their citizens of several incidents we have had.
Polynikes of Yew: As most of you know we had an attack on the wedding party during
Polynikes of Yew: Governor E's and Governor Farrah's wedding.
Polynikes of Yew: There were injuries and the culprits escaped.
Mr E: *crosses arms*
Polynikes of Yew: They have been identified as minions of Rodrik.
Polynikes of Yew: There was also an incident in Moonglow during Governor Kitie’s archery contest.
Polynikes of Yew: That assailant was driven off and hopefully is dead in a ditch somewhere.
Polynikes of Yew: I do cation everyone to warn your citizens to be careful.
Redlow DeSule: Mm.
Polynikes of Yew: These two recent might be just preliminary actions.
Polynikes of Yew: Please report any sightings of suspicious individuals to any member of the BAF.
Polynikes of Yew: That is all I have for the council at this time.
DaKaren: Thank you, Grand Marshal.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: Thank you Chancellor
Tanda: Minoc has been quiet
Tanda: I am anxiously looking forward to giving our resident low life
Tanda: some bruises to match those I received
Tanda: other than that I've nothing else to talk about
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: *nods*
Dot Warner: Britain's citizens fare well and trade continues to increase.
Dot Warner: However, Doctor Cat has voiced complaints that last week's daemon attack has scared off several of his patrons.
Dot Warner: Apparently, the Dark Unknown mistook the Cat's Lair for the clandestine meeting site of a branch of the Ministry of Security. *sighs*
Dot Warner: I'm still trying to talk the good doctor out of sending the king a bill for his lost revenue... *frowns a bit*
Dot Warner: That's all I have, thank you...
DaKaren: Councilor PabII, does the City of Yew have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
pabII: there have been no problems in yew. thank you
DaKaren: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilor Jameison, does the city of Jhelom have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Thom Jameison: Thank you Chancellor
Thom Jameison: Jhelom is peaceful and prosperous as usual.
Thom Jameison: I would like to put a personal bounty of 1 million gold for their capture dead or alive
Thom Jameison: of those fiends who attacked the wedding party.
Thom Jameison: That is all I have at this time.
DaKaren: I'm sure the bounty will spur citizens to report Rodrik's whereabouts
Thom Jameison: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilor Arminger, does the city of Trinsic have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Norman Arminger: Thank you Chancellor
Norman Arminger: Trinsic is doing well. I have nothing to report on that score.
Norman Arminger: I too will one million gold for a bounty on the criminals.
Norman Arminger: That is all I have to share for now.
DaKaren: More incentive. Good.
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie, does the city of Moonglow have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Kittie: Thank you Chancellor. Everything has been quiet with Moonglow. Although, I do believe our newest resident is truly raising a large tab in town. *frowns* Other than that, the Archery Contest was a success. Even if that Demon Dog Tried to
Redlow DeSule: *raises eyebrow*
Kittie: ruin it. Thankfully, Rarity was there... and nearly got him down too, before another dealt the final blow. *gives off a cheshire grin* .. I'll admit, it left me with some much needed satisfaction seeing the Demon Dog lying there.
Dot Warner: You too should carry a rusty spoon...
Kittie: Other than this, the people are happy, the coffers are overflowing .. Verity Isle seems pleasantly at peace. *smiles*
Kittie: *giggles to Dot*
Kittie: That is all I have. *smiles* Thank you Chancellor.
DaKaren: Councilor E, does the city of New Magincia have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Mr E: Magincia as a community is fine.
Leon DeLuc: *stretches*
Mr E: Still shocked that we lowered our defenses and allowed harm to guests
Mr E: I have lost faith in people seeking for Rodrick
Mr E: I will place a 500 million bounty on his head
Redlow DeSule: *frowns*
Mr E: to be in chains here
Valeran: *blinks*
Mr E: I don't care if by BAF
DaKaren: My...
Mr E: GTO
Mr E: Jhelom Forces
Malag aste: *raises brow*
Mr E: or the Lighthorse Mercs themselves turn him over
Kittie: *blinks*
Earlhad Todie: hmmm
Mr E: Sitting in fear of him is past
Dot Warner: *sharpens bladed staff AND spoon*
Mr E: It is time he sits in fear of us
Kittie: *begins sharpening her claws*
Mr E: That is all I have at this time.
Thom Jameison: Outstanding!
Thom Jameison: *claps*
Dot Warner: A sentiment I can get behind!
Kittie: *nods* Hear Hear!
pabII: here here
Leon DeLuc: Hear hear!
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor....you just made things interesting.
DaKaren: Adjutant Bentley, does the city of Skara Brae have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Bentley: Thank you Chancellor. Skara is stable. The farmers are rejoicing in clear fields for farming
Bentley: We are doing wonderful and lots of happy faces with how happy Governor Farrah is now
Bentley: That is all I have to report.
DaKaren: Thank you, Adjutant.
DaKaren: Minister Hla-ate, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Malag aste: I am glad to hear that there is backing in ridding the lands of the menace Rodrik....
Malag aste: I certainly hope that it works out.
Malag aste: I will be glad to see the day he is apprehended.
Malag aste: He should be brought to Justice.
Malag aste: And very glad to hear that Governor Farrah is doing well... I hope she wasn't harmed in the attack.
Malag aste: I believe that is all I had.
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Minister Todie, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Earlhad Todie: Thank you Chancellor
Earlhad Todie: I see the trade is picking up
Earlhad Todie: I can tip my hand and reveal that some nefarious actions may be afoot
DaKaren: *quirks a brow*
DaKaren: Oh?
Earlhad Todie: because Goldie has not been able to keep her vendors stocked at the Felucca potion house
Earlhad Todie: I am staying neutral in the hunt and I stay in support of trade as well.
Earlhad Todie: that is all I have to report tonight
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Now, I would like to say something about the progress on the constitution...
DaKaren: The vast majority of the edits have been capitalization changes and slight wording changes...mainly missing words, or incorrect verbiage.
DaKaren: I have found two more articles which needed polishing.
DaKaren: The first is Article I, section C. This describes the territory considered to be 'Britannia,' however, it is less than accurate.
DaKaren: I have taken the steps to correct that so it includes all of the acknowledged holdings and colonies of the Crown.
DaKaren: The second is Article VI which deals with the High Court.
DaKaren: This article is, quite simply put, a mess. I am not sure the court could function under its oddly recursive and somewhat contradictory language.
DaKaren: This article will take some time to properly untangle without diminishing the court's power or responsibilities.
Mr E: No Rush. Rodrick won't see a judge.
DaKaren: When the process is complete, I will be submitting the entire document for a vote as the Seventh Constitution of the Kingdom of Britannia.
Redlow DeSule: *snorts*
Kittie: *giggle*
DaKaren: Are there any questions?
DaKaren: None?
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
Polynikes of Yew: *raises hand*
DaKaren: Grand Marshal?
Polynikes of Yew: I failed to mention that a criminal from our past turned himself into my custody.
Redlow DeSule: *lifts eyebrows*
DaKaren: The past?
Polynikes of Yew: Alatar has asked to be tried and sentenced for his crimes and wishes
Polynikes of Yew: to pay for his criminal acts.
DaKaren: I'll alert the Chief Justicar...
Polynikes of Yew: I have informed Justicar Valeran.
DaKaren: Ah... *nods*
DaKaren: Anyone else?
DaKaren: Nay? Very well then.
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 482nd session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.

** Rodrik Von Karl attempted to speak via com crystal to the council members, though his signal was of poor quality and few could hear his words. Unfortunately, one person could hear him, a man from Skara Brae named Raymond Deshaine. Rokrik has kidnapped his daughter to force him to commit an act of terror by suicide bombing the High Council. While there were no serious injuries, Deshaine perished in the attack… **
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”