Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/06/17

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/06/17

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Log of the 500th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: This is the five hundredth session of this august body. Many found it hard to believe that the High Council would survive the travails of its inception, let alone endure so long.
DaKaren: From invisible rabid beavers, countless fanciful linkages between Mondain's Embrace and every ill Britannia suffered, to crazed spider-worshiping drow and craven slavers, plus more near-apocalypses than I would like to contemplate...
DaKaren: Here is to five hundred more and a bright future for all Sosaria!
** The chamber is suddenly filled with dazzling lights and sparks **
Dr Jerred DeSule: *chuckles*
Kittie: Here Here!
Guntur Kivlov: Huzzah!
Janice Andrysiak: *puts down book momentarily and blinks*
Janice Andrysiak: oh.. indeed!
DaKaren: The "Crossroads Gang" has been broken. A small fort at the base of the Mountains of Avarice was raided last week, culminating in the deaths of the Gang's leadership.
DaKaren: However, a third party may be involved...investigations are ongoing.
DaKaren: There is tell of a daemonic shakeup in the hierarchy of Doom, some may wish to look into that...I bid them well. *shrugs noncommittally*
DaKaren: As of two weeks ago, Governor Aornis of Vesper has stepped down. Lord Blackthorn has since appointed Carpe Diem as the new governor. I hope Sally Sweet does not cause him trouble.
DaKaren: In the future, he may take the Councilor's Oath and join the High Council if he wishes.
DaKaren: As you may have noticed, the extra security doors have been removed from the Civic Center.
Mr E: So I won't have to miss more meetings. Hooray
DaKaren: I am sure Adjutant Knighthawke will whine, but I think the threat from Rodrik's men has lessened enough.
DaKaren: Should they, or another threat, resurface, I will have them reinstalled.
Janice Andrysiak: *looks up, licks a finger, turns a page*
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, does the Township of Newcastle have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Guntur Kivlov: *Ahem..*
Guntur Kivlov: Newcastle has nothing of note to bring to the council. But...
Guntur Kivlov: I am very humbled to be a part of this council on this 500th session!
DaKaren: *nods*
Guntur Kivlov: Great is Britannia! Hail Sosaria!
Guntur Kivlov: *smiles and nods to the chancellor*
Guntur Kivlov: That is all I have
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: Trade in Britain has suffered due to a mix of the unusual winter, the Crossroads Gang, and what I believe to be embezzlement by the Artisan's Association. *frowns*
Dot Warner: I've noticed the city's coffers were reduced by considerably more than they should've been during the holiday period and for a few weeks after.
Dot Warner: This has led me to believe the Artisan Festival continued to charge for the tree display long after Britain's turn was over.
Dot Warner: An investigation is underway by the city accounting office.
Dot Warner: The Fourth Annual Trans-Britannia Derby is scheduled for this Saturday at 8pm C, starting near the mainland side dock in Skara Brae.
Dot Warner: This year's First Place winner will receive a *shudders slightly* rainbow unicorn!
Dr Jerred DeSule: *blanches*
Dot Warner: Full details can be found at gl.uorpc.net. But please let all your friends know!
Dot Warner: That is all, thank you.
DaKaren: Governor Willa, does the City of Yew have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Chancellor.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew has been quiet of late thankfully.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Not really much to report though still sad that the King's Building Association refuses to build us a bridge.
DaKaren: It is puzzling that they would reject the idea.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: While I agree that the threat of Rodrik’s horde seems lessened of late...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I still am cautious to allow the farmers back to the far farm.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Risks to their safety cannot be assured...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: But Mr. Thorne is a hardy farmer and has decided to return to his farm.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: He won't miss another season.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Not that I blame him.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Ariel has taken up many new obligations and such and may in fact be named as an Adjutant for me as Ms Pab has increasing concerns.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: If that is alright with the Council.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Other than that, I have nothing.
DaKaren: Thank you, Governor.
DaKaren: Councilor Kittie, does the city of Moonglow have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Kittie: Aye. *smiles*
Kittie: Moonglow has been faring quite well. Coffers are picking up again and Malik, our dragon friend, has decided to stay with us a bit longer. So the city seems in good spirits over all. However…
Kittie: There is word on a more.. personal note..
Janice Andrysiak: *looks up*
Kittie: Recently I went to Lakeshire to speak with the Meer on an issue..
Janice Andrysiak: *waits, mid page-turn*
Kittie: They are concerned, as word has come that the slavers are back.. and looking for those that managed to get away from their grasps.
DaKaren: Rodrik's men?
Kittie: They are asking refuge and safety... I told them they could seek refuge and safety in Moonglow.. to which most have decided to hide around the city.
Kittie: *shakes her head* I'm afraid not..
Kittie: These are far meaner..
Kittie: Those that attempted to escape were murdered.
DaKaren: Hmm.
Janice Andrysiak: Oh dear..
Kittie: We don't exactly have a lot of Meer left after the slavers put them to work and murdered those for silence.
Kittie: I have decided I am no longer going to hide. Most of the meer have sought out help from the Lycaeum, so they might be disguised as humans and elves.
Kittie: I know this puts me at great risk, especially since I was one of those few that escaped.
Kittie: But I must also see to my people.. to ensure their safety.
DaKaren: Indeed.
Kittie: Other than that.. I have nothing more to add to the matter.. *sigh*
Dr Jerred DeSule: *frown*
DaKaren: I am certain the other cities will accept refugees as needed as well.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *frowns*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Certainly.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We in Yew would welcome them...
Dot Warner: *nods*
Janice Andrysiak: *flips page in book*
Kittie: *nods* I will pass that along and urge those to please to remain in Lakeshire to seek refuge.
DaKaren: Councilor E, does the city of New Magincia have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Mr E: Uhmm
Mr E: Nope not really. I mean I was doing all this good work with Governor Jameison and now I got
Dot Warner: *arches a brow*
Mr E: Jhelom soldiers saying how the town has gone soft so quickly.
Mr E: I got B.A.F. soldiers in my tavern making a huge scene and causing problems
DaKaren: Soft?
Janice Andrysiak: *mutters something about scandalous affairs and turns page eagerly*
Mr E: But my town taking care of it's own problems is doing great. Just gotta solve the worlds issues
DaKaren: You should take that up with their Field Marshal...
Mr E: I will handle them... one way or another
Mr E: That is all I have for this evening
DaKaren: *sighs*
DaKaren: Councilor Andrysiak, does the city of Jhelom have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Janice Andrysiak: *hears her name and jumps*
Janice Andrysiak: *puts down book*
Janice Andrysiak: No.
Janice Andrysiak: *goes back to reading book*
DaKaren: *blinks*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *starts working on nails*
DaKaren: Nothing at all?
Janice Andrysiak: *sighs extravagantly*
Janice Andrysiak: No sir, Jhelom has nothing to bring to the council this evening. Thank you, Chancellor.
Guntur Kivlov: I admire your brevity.
Kittie: *blinks, followed by a wide eyed stare at Janice, then DaKaren*
DaKaren: Very well... Thank you, Councilor.
Janice Andrysiak: All is quiet
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
Dr Jerred DeSule: Yes
Dr Jerred DeSule: *raises hand*
DaKaren: Advocate?
Janice Andrysiak: *mutters something obscene*
Dr Jerred DeSule: Thank you.
Dr Jerred DeSule: When last I was here, I inquired about the prisoner being held in the Yew Prison
DaKaren: Riley.
Dr Jerred DeSule: Has there been any progress in retrieving the evidence regarding his case?
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods*
Dr Jerred DeSule: Follow-up: Is there enough evidence to pursue a case?
Dr Jerred DeSule: a trial, that is.
DaKaren: Theoretically, there should be.
DaKaren: The last person I'm aware of who had such evidence was Polynikes.
Dr Jerred DeSule: If we cannot bring Riley to trial, he must be released
Mr E: So we will just hold this man’s life until then because Poly retired.
DaKaren: Since his retirement, I think...I hope.. He retained such things.
DaKaren: Some of his crimes are in the public record as well...
Dr Jerred DeSule: Mm.
Dr Jerred DeSule: Well, if I can assist in any way, let me know.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Has anyone talked to other members of the B.A.F?
Dr Jerred DeSule: When next we meet, if we do not have evidence, he must be released.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *bows head*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Perhaps one of them has some evidence.
Mr E: I think we should find a way to insure what needs to happen starts to happen by next meeting
DaKaren: I would hope so.. Though the investigator on the case was murdered...
DaKaren: Anyone else?
DaKaren: Nay? Very well then...
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 500th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”