Log of the High Council Meeting on 9/18/17

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 9/18/17

Post by Lord DaKaren » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Log of the 513th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 513th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: As I am sure you are all acutely aware, Britannia is under siege from four elemental titans from a world presently called "Pagan."
Skattles II: *pauses, carpet in mouth*
DaKaren: I believe that world, then known as Zeala, was one Dot and I briefly visited during our time away from Sosaria more than a century ago. It was...unpleasant.
Dot Warner: *winkles her nose*
DaKaren: Fortunately, these titans, and their armies, have been little match for the realm's defenders.
DaKaren: Personally, I found the titans to be curiously ill-suited as conquerors. Their manifestations are, in a word, pathetic.
DaKaren: I have every confidence in Britannia's victory over our would-be oppressors. Long live Britannia!
Skattles II: Mrwf!
DaKaren: King Blackthorn, who foolishly confronted at least one of the titans and was gravely injured, is still recuperating.
DaKaren: After two such encounters with malevolent beings who got the better of him, I hope he has learned a valuable lesson...
Jennifer-Marie: *looks at the wall and mumbles* I doubt it
DaKaren: *sighs*
DaKaren: Sadly, I must concur.
DaKaren: Since the Grand Marshal has yet to arrive, we shal move on to the cities first in the hopes he arrives shortly.
DaKaren: Councilor Kivlov, does the Township of Newcastle have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Guntur Kivlov: *coughs hoarsely*
Guntur Kivlov: Ehhm. Newcastle has no news to report to the council this eve Chancellor.
Guntur Kivlov: Thank you.
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: I would like to thank all who stood up and continue to in defense of Minoc
Tanda: the city is holding up well under the burden of these beings
Tanda: I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the pale faced being
Tanda: met her end, there were a good many weird dreams after I agreed to assist her
Tanda: I do have a query of those who have been in the trenches though
Tanda: as in my spellcrafting I often draw on the elements
Tanda: as well as the Goddess to channel energy I wonder
Tanda: if the issue is who they serve
Tanda: Other than that, that is all I have
DaKaren: If they are being forced to attack, you mean?
Tanda: I have no doubt the power of the elements can be used for evil
Tanda: if the person channeling them is so inclined
Tanda: but not that they are inherently evil
Tanda: hopefully that clarifies
DaKaren: Hmmm...
Martyna Z'muir: These titans are fairly malevolent.
John: *raises hand*
Martyna Z'muir: The Ministry of Security has encountered them in the past.
DaKaren: Lord Knighthawke?
John: To offer my own perspective on my wife's question, now that both my father and I have faced them in battle, separately.
John: Think of them, in intent and level of malice if not in physical form,
John: as demons who wield the elements as their weapons.
John: Now is as good a time as any to say,
John: that there are implications there is something else coming or already here.
DaKaren: *nods*
John: There have been warriors bearing strange markings, and Mordra spoke of something else as well.
John: I believe this to be some kind of manifestation of...I will mispronounce the name: Khamush Gor, a conqueror of Zealan.
DaKaren: Aye, there is a fifth presence in the ether, though it is still far away.
John: I say this because an unnamed evil is written to have appeared in Pagan or Zeala or both, I am not certain of the details,
John: following the death of the warlord,
John: and that the titans fought it, then turned on the people whose defenders they first may have appeared to be.
John: We are in effect grain between the millstones. And I do not believe it to be as far away as we would like m'lord.
John: But m'love I do not believe them to be an agent of something, nor for their magic to be at all like your own.
Tanda: I hope not
Tanda: That's all Minoc has
DaKaren: I do not believe it is Khumash-Gor who is behind the titans, as I heard his forces attacked theirs in New Magincia.
DaKaren: However, that is not to say that he is not also a potential threat.
John: Not behind -- I mean for him to be the other millstone, with us caught in between. Apologies I thought that was clear. Another blood feud, like before.
Martyna Z'muir: Oh... joy.
DaKaren: Ah *nods* That would indeed be most unwelcome.
DaKaren: If they wish to relitigate their war, they should stick to their own world.
DaKaren: We may have to defeat them all.
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor. Hopefully, these titans prove not to be the source of the elements as we know them, but mere imposters appropriating their magicks.
Tanda: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: *nods*
Dot Warner: Britain remains defiant in the face of the Titan's foolhardy incursions.
Dot Warner: Brave citizens have repelled countless attempts to conquer the city and they remain steadfast in its continued defense. I applaud their resolve.
Dot Warner: In moral support of their efforts, I have tracked down a first edition of the Gold Tome of the Virtues for display in the capitol.
Dot Warner: It should arrive by courier at the end of this month and then be displayed prominently in the Chamber of Virtue for all to enjoy after a brief restorative effort.
Skattles II: Mrrwf?
Skattles II: *tilts head*
Dot Warner: I held the Fourth Annual Smuggler's Run Regatta last Wednesday, despite the Titan's obvious efforts to disrupt the event.
Dot Warner: Stratos attacked Moonglow as the Regatta was to begin, then Pyros assaulted Britain after her defeat. *sighs wearily*
Dot Warner: Fortunately, congratulations go to Loki of UZI~, the third-time, First Place Regatta winner! Second place went to Serpant Princess, while Third went to Jasmin, both of GTO.
Dot Warner: The Fifth Smuggler's run may see the first place price changed to a lighthouse...
Dot Warner: Time will tell.
Dot Warner: That is all, thank you.
DaKaren: Councilor Jennifer-Marie, does the city of Trinsic have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Skattles II: woof!
John: * sighs*
Jennifer-Marie: As with the rest of Britannia, Trinsic has dealt with our share of invading forces.
Jennifer-Marie: I, as well as all of my citizens, are grateful for the help we have received from our neighbors and countrymen.
Jennifer-Marie: We - Trinsic's able-bodied - have branched out to help where needed when Trinsic is secure.
Jennifer-Marie: For now, I am ready to go back to battle. And that is all I have this evening.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you.
John: * sighs again*
Ariel Thorne: *gives Skattles a fishsteak*
DaKaren: *nods*
Skattles II: *sniffs it curiously*
DaKaren: Adjutant Thorne, does the city of Yew have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Skattles II: *looks up at Ariel, appearing unimpressed*
Ariel Thorne: Well like all other Cities of late we have been battling waves of invasions
Ariel Thorne: Typically, ogres, trolls, and such...
Ariel Thorne: It's been exhausting...
Ariel Thorne: But we are grateful for all the help and assistance by many in the realm.
Ariel Thorne: We are hoping for a swift end to this travesty...
DaKaren: Indeed.
Skattles II: *picks up fish in jaw*
Skattles II: *drops it in the lamp*
Ariel Thorne: I think that's all I had...
Ariel Thorne: *looks at Skattles*
Ariel Thorne: Don't like fish?
Skattles II: Mrf.
DaKaren: Minister Todie, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Earlhad Todie: Thank you, Chancellor
Earlhad Todie: I believe the citizens of the lands are
Earlhad Todie: defending from these invasions.
Earlhad Todie: I think we are making headway
Earlhad Todie: Other than that, there is not anything else to report on the commerce front.
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
Cros Fyaedmar: *lifts hand*
DaKaren: Aye, miss?
Cros Fyaedmar: Doctor Ghyss requested I deliver some information on behalf of Governor Skattles and Vesper
DaKaren: Ah, aye, please.
Cros Fyaedmar: He and the rest of House DeSule are fighting to keep Vesper safe
Cros Fyaedmar: They are just barely keeping their heads above water, both figuratively and literally.
Cros Fyaedmar: Before these attacks began, the doctor was continuing to investigate why Skattles could be named
Cros Fyaedmar: Governor. It has led us down a strange rabbit hole.
Cros Fyaedmar: Skattles has no paperwork, which the city insists he needs.
Cros Fyaedmar: So we are investigating his origins.
Cros Fyaedmar: One of us will inform the Councils when we know more. Although his origins seem.. unnatural.
Skattles II: *tilts head*
Skattles II: Wrrff?
DaKaren: Unnatural?
Cros Fyaedmar: There is also the matter of the author, who Dr. Ghyss is now convinced is actually alive.
Cros Fyaedmar: Yes.
DaKaren: *looks at Skattles*
Cros Fyaedmar: *looks the dog up and down*
Skattles II: Woof?
DaKaren: Transmogrification?
Cros Fyaedmar: Akin to a hound of Doskar.. but we don't know for certain yet.
Cros Fyaedmar: No, the dog is just a dog... just special.
Cros Fyaedmar: At least, that's the working theory.
Dot Warner: Interesting.
Skattles II: Mrrrf.
Skattles II: *looks at the conversants curiously*
Cros Fyaedmar: As for the author, we have found fresh papers that appear to be his handwriting. We know little
Martyna Z'muir: *wonders where his whistle is*
Cros Fyaedmar: else. One of us will keep the council informed on this as well.
Cros Fyaedmar: That was all; thank you
DaKaren: *nods* Thank you for your report.
DaKaren: Grand Marshal Hla'ate, would you address the Council on military matters in the Kingdom?
John: *sighs yet again*
Martyna Z'muir: *smirks at John*
Malag aste: Well of course we all are aware of the invasions and the Titans...
Malag aste: I would hope that any and all in the BAF help to rid this scourge from our cities.
Malag aste: And help to protect the Citizens
Malag aste: I also note a large increase of thieves in the affected towns so do be watchful of your things.
Malag aste: These thieves seem quite capable of moving about and guards are of course too distracted to assist you...
Malag aste: As well there is quite a number of terrified citizens...
Malag aste: Keep up the good work with beating back this scourge...
Malag aste: I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this soon...
Tanda: One more question if I might Malag Aste
Malag aste: Of course.
Tanda: have you seen any evidence that mages battling these
Tanda: are making them stronger?
Malag aste: I have noticed several ...... that seem to be I would dare say calling them in?
Malag aste: Almost a cult of sorts.
Malag aste: These mages seem to be invulnerable to any attack.
Malag aste: It would seem focusing on their Generals brings and summons a Titan...
Malag aste: Once defeated the cultists seem to vanish....
Earlhad Todie: ...I'm not wasted...
Tanda: thank you
Malag aste: It also is apparent that each city seems to only be attacked by a certain group...
Malag aste: Yew seems to have mostly humanoids...
DaKaren: Aye, I find that odd.
Malag aste: Britain dragons...
Malag aste: Vesper cold....
Skattles II: *curls up and closes eyes*
Malag aste: And so forth...
Tanda: Quicksilver elementals
Malag aste: I find that very strange...
Tanda: I believe I've heard
Malag aste: Those seem to be more permanent at the Mines.
Malag aste: Skara Brae is filled with undead...
Malag aste: Which I find quite distressing...
Tanda: No signs of insanity in Miners?
Tanda: Or Deaths
Malag aste: I think they are all locked into the mine...
Malag aste: Which is sad...
Malag aste: Iver’s Rounding is now a bed of undead...
John: It is a rotating group, as curiosity gets the better of them all. One by one. Fortunately, people rescue them frequently.
Malag aste: Never-ending hordes of them...
Malag aste: At any rate don't give up...
DaKaren: The Isle is where the Well of Souls is...
Malag aste: Please our citizens need us to stay vigilant and strong against these waves of attacks.
Malag aste: We must find a way to stop the Titans once and for all.
Malag aste: We must not give in and we must not succumb as the others have running in terror or joining in the looting and pillaging...
Malag aste: Unless there are any other concerns please stay focused.
DaKaren: Thank you, Grand Marshal.
DaKaren: Anything further from anyone?
DaKaren: Nay?
DaKaren: Very well then.
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 513th session of the High Council of Britannia.
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”