Minoc Attacked by Hythloth Conclave!

Discuss articles posted on the Great Lakes Tribune (http://gl.uorpc.net/glnews.php)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Martyna Z'muir
Librarian
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Library of Sosaria
Guild Abbreviation: LofS

Minoc Attacked by Hythloth Conclave!

Post by Martyna Z'muir » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Late last night, citizens of Minoc found themselves under siege by warriors of the Hythloth Conclave who had tunneled under their city with the intent to prepare it for invasion by daemonic forces. These daemons, or sappers as they are called, were to weaken Minoc’s infrastructure and create a means of ingress behind defensive lines.

Fortunately for Minoc, agents of the Crown caught wind of this plot and were able to thwart the invasion before it could begin in earnest. The sappers broke through to the surface to encounter a withering barrage of swords, spells and hungry dragons. The daemon’s tunnels were quickly traced to the mines of Mt. Kendal to the east across the Glimmering River where their leader was lured to its death.

Governor Tanda Knighthawke of Minoc released the following statement:

Image“My feelings toward all beings tend to be ones of individual evaluation as opposed to generalized guilt by birth or association. However, after last night, I better understand Minoc’s past hatred of all magical beings and corruptions of nature. That’s saying a lot coming from a witch. While I suppress the anger over the attack on my home, and I fear for the safety of its citizens I must try to remain focused on the guiding direction the virtue of Sacrifice offers. We as a people, strong in our work ethics, trades, and families must unite for the good of all. Be steadfast my friends in your loyalty to family, friends, and city. Watch over each other, while resisting the urge withdraw in fear.

As Governor, I would personally like to thank everyone who came to the aid of Minoc in a moment of great need. Minoc stands at the ready. My commitment to this great city is unwavering. I greatly appreciate: my husband John for all his efforts on our behalf, all those who stand with the Britannian Armed Forces and everyone else whether you drew your sword or cast a spell in our defense, even if your motive was not to aid Minoc. Huzzah! Strength and Honor!”

This marks the fourth time in recent weeks that the Hythloth Conclave, now under the rule of a balron named Balinor, has sought to seize Britannian holdings. After several years of peace with Britannia after the defeat of Virtuebane, the Conclave unsuccessfully attacked both Serpent’s Hold and the underworld colony of Ariel Haven. Just last week, an attack on New Magincia was prevented before it could form as a cohesive threat.

Rumor has it that Balinor is presently seeking to consolidate his power by eliminating all ‘diluted,’ sub-daemon members of the Conclave before grinding Britannia beneath his cloven hoof.

When approached for a comment, Chancellor DaKaren of the High Council of Britannia had this to say,

Image“The High Council of Britannia is aware of the Conclave’s renewed aggressive posturing and views them as an imminent threat to public safety. As always, the Britannian Armed Forces stand ready to assist the Crown in the defense of the realm. While we hope for a diplomatic détente with the Conclave leadership, we must be prepared to stridently protect our way of life.

At this time, the Council cautions citizens against traveling near known daemon territories and to report any daemonic activity to their local authorities immediately.”

Stay safe, Britannia!
0 x

Return to “Great Lakes Tribune”