Memories

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Galen
Fanatic
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Memories

Post by Galen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Let us in this thread post our unselected "Memorable Moments" pieces.

-Galen's player
0 x

Galen
Fanatic

Re: Memories

Post by Galen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I sat in the dark, thinking about nothing in particular. It had been hard to sleep of late, and the truth is that, tonight, if I could've slept, I wouldn't've wanted to. Things like that'll happen when your country is crumbling under your feet, when the best hope was someone you'd considered a villain just a few short months ago.

The impending anniversary of the Shattering, and the competition on memories we'd all heard about, didn't help. So many memories, focusing on one was difficult. Most of them involved violence, and every fight I'd been in kind of ran together somehow. I couldn't tell them apart.

“I can hear you, you know,” I said to my wife. I could hear her trying to sneak up on me, though she was as silent as the cat I sometimes thought she was.

She giggled. “I guess when you're married as long as we are, we can't really sneak up on each other anymore.”

She walked up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders. “So many memories in that heard of yours, ohtar. So much you've done, so much you've been through. But which one is your greatest. When you were the first to wound the Harrower, perhaps. Or, before that, when you stumbled into Minax's invasion of Trinsic before you were anywhere near ready for it. Or when you helped Dawn slay Blackthorn's doppelganger. Or years later when you helped Dawn slay Casca.”

I shook my head at each one as she said it. She leaned forward, leaned her breasts on the back of my head, and wrapped her arms around me. Her nightgown was very thin.

“When you avenged Dawn, perhaps, melamin. When you helped to slay those who gave Virtuebane the means, and presented trophies of the kills.”

I smiled, I knew she could see it even in the dark. I gently took her by one of her arms and gave her a forceful, controlled tug. I'd meant to pull her down into my lap, but , ever the graceful dancer and ever the wanton, she twisted her body on the way down. She landed straddling instead of sitting, the skirt of her nightgown draped over us.

“None of those, kuruni-amin,” I told her.

“What then, ohtar-amin.”

“Actually, it was the first time I saw you naked. Remember? We couldn't be in your bedroom; you'd loaned it to someone we were helping. I forget who, I forget why, I forget what was wrong, but I remember after we'd settled her in, we went to your guest room, and decided we'd waited long enough.”

She smiled, and kissed me. “All you've done and been through, and it's really that, of all things, you remember most.”

“Would I lie to you?”

“You never have.”

“I ain't starting now. Amin mela lle, verne-amin.”

Amin mela lle, verno-amin.”

She kissed me, and we made love in the dark.
0 x

Willa of the Yew-wood
City Governor

Re: Memories

Post by Willa of the Yew-wood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Rolclasmpy, for many this word has no meaning and holds no memories, but to me this word brings back many fond memories. It reminds me of a time when the shard gathered as one to defeat one of the most difficult and powerful monsters ever created. The Void Shadow was much like an Abyssal Horror in appearances but it was far more powerful.

I remember my first encounter with this creature, a large group formed and we all gathered round a small unassuming stone deep in the Dead Forest of Ilshenar. We were instructed all to say one word, Rolclasmpy. One by one were teleported away after speaking the word to the stone… and then all went to shades of gray. I found myself in a strange new area I could see little that surrounded me a gate, many other ghostly figures of fallen comrades, a bunch of undead minions, and a pentagram.

Many times we gathered, planned and fought attempting to defeat this foe, and each time we were beaten back. Many gave up, many surrendered. But for some it only made us try harder. When word came that another land had defeated this threat, we felt a renewed hope that we too would succeed. For days we prepared, we gathered ingots, power crystals and more and when the time came we placed our call for all to see. We called our friends, we even bribed our enemies. I recall quite well speaking to two of the best mages I knew at the time and I challenged them to come to our aid. They thought I was mad. “We do not fight Monsters,” They told me. But I was insistent. “Yes I know you don’t but trust me this creature will be the biggest challenge you have ever faced. This creature will test your skills like no other. If you survive the battle and we are victorious you will be able to say that you helped in this great battle. And you will certainly be known as the most powerful of all Mages.” Finally they agreed to help us.

On Thursday evening 9/14/06 at 19:30 CST we returned to the stone. Once again we gathered but this time each of us was given a Golem. Each of us, our Golem in tow spoke the word once again, Rolclasmpy. There were dozens of us, and this time the battle lasted much longer. Yes there was death, but we were working as a team. This time we had safety in numbers and this time we were victorious. There was no prize given, no award to bring home, only the satisfaction of having defeated the most powerful monster ever created. I can’t say it would still be, but to me it still is the most memorable battle I have ever fought. I still travel to the Void Dungeon on occasion, though you no longer need know the word, and I still tell the tale of the greatest battle I’d ever fought.
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”