A Relative Distance

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Old Blue Eyes
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

A Relative Distance

Post by Old Blue Eyes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

“Not our problem.”

Garothyd so desperately wanted to slam his plate-mailed fist into the pillar of the Library Chambers of Magincia. He was convinced that these elvenfolk had been placed on the surface of Sosaria for no other reason than devise new and innovative ways to infuriate him. The senior Librarian was a novice, despite the inherent age of his ilk. “You do understand the events that have unfolded in the past few weeks. If history teaches us nothing else, inactivity on our part is folly.”

Leonix, elven son of a Magincian steward far less vocal, was not easily steered. “I understand your concern. There has been much…activity within the High Council in recent weeks. But our place is here.”

Garothyd felt his muscles actually touch the insides of his armor. Leonix was wise, but at times naïve. This naivety, Garothyd…or Garo as his subordinate referred to him, was fueled by a longstanding period of relative peace. A peace to the Isle of Magincia, but to Britannia, therein lay the impasse.

“This business of kidnapping and hostage-taking…have we not seen this many times before?” asked Leonix. There was less than a heatbeatsbreath from Garo. “I didn’t realize human gossip reached so deep into the Wood, Procurer.” Leonix delivered a seething gaze to Garothyd. He would certainly have preferred an elven dullard as a lackey, but they were too rare. No, Leonix would have to deal with this human loudmouth. Worse yet, he would have to deal with his wit. Why could he just be as dumb as most every other roundear he’d have into contact with. Garo, despite the bile building in his throat, took a new tack.

“That having been said, should we not begin our own investigations to this most recent turn of events? My father holds dear counsel with the one of the Justicars. Perhaps we could reach out..”

Leonix spun on his master guardsman. “Dear Counsel? Define ‘dear’ to me, if you dare!” Garo saw a pained expression on the face of the Librarian. “I am young, human…but I am well versed in the nature of ‘dear’. I mean no insult when I state that you have no comprehension of what you speak.” Leonix punched his right fist into his open left open hand.

”…especially when it comes to the Justicar.”
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”