From whence we came

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

From whence we came

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Staring down into the tome of notes, I reveiw again the information and results of the trial of Leif of Yewwood. The final result was good, my client was acquitted as is the goal of a successful barrister. I was too slow on some objects, late with some points in questioning. Still many things plagued my thoughts about the case, who had really killed former barrister Whisky McGinn? Why would some one kill an aging and retired lawyer? Why frame young Leif? What of the dog that wasn't? What of the lass who told me of the two men she'd seen attack Mr. McGinn? Could she really have been hidden so well they didn't see her? Did she make it all up? Many things pointed to Ninja, but they'd been run out when the Blue Lotus left. Slowly in cat like fluid movements I stretch and place that tome and thoughts back on my desk.

Picking up another tome, I begin again to read about demons. So many varieties. Why do people insist on meddling in things they ought not to. Poor Francesca got herself killed allowing her greed to push her to dark magics, demons and the other side. Nothing like finding a mass of ashes and charred furniture where you sister had been. Shaking my head I read on. Young Master Joshua certainly got himself in over his head. "Why is it Gran they always think they have everything under control?" I pause briefly awaiting the familiar whisper of my Gran from beyond the veil of death.

"Och, my dear Tanda. So much like your mother ye are. Helpmate to any in need. How have ye been lass? Interesting how ye go from hermit, spinsterly librarian back to barrister and wife in a few short weeks." Gran always had a way of making me feel less lonely. She through most of my life had been the one telling me how important it was to stay on the path of light. Dusting me off, patting my bum and sending me back to the spellbooks to try it again. Some of my darkest days were when she walked out of my life in protest of my relationship with the demi human Setatabon, my whole clan and coven disowned me. Now my step son had gone out and gotten himself tangled up with a full blown demonic being. I knew enough from my research to know that no good can come of this. "Gran, life really does have funny way of sneaking back around in tis circular path. You have time for a long talk tonight Gran?" I needed her stability to help me sort some things out.
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”