The Source

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Lore Denin
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

The Source

Post by Lore Denin » Wed May 26, 2010 7:54 pm

The Source

The communication crystal flared to life, filling the dark room with azure light. Lore pulled the covers over his head to block out the latest disruption to his already restless sleep, “Will I never know rest”.

The covers fell to the floor, his body up and moving in an instant casting aside the countless aches of his war torn body as he moved toward the crystal. The life of an Order Knight and Faction General had taken their toll but the scars that pained him could not be seen with the eye nor healed with a spell. He had felt much like the crystal which lain dark and lifeless for many years. He often wondered if he would ever see its light again. Yet here it was glowing brightly, alive once more.

Lore stretched his arm towards the crystal, his hand found it warm and dry to the touch as his mind found the familiar sound of one of his most trusted Order Knights, echoing his name across the vastness of the multiverse, “Commander Denin, Commander...”

“Carinthian WorldWalker, I am here. Report quickly, the window is short.”

“The world we seek is found. The shard we recovered from the Shadowlords confirms the findings. The land is first shadow, from where all magic stems and flows through the multiverse. A ripple here is felt everywhere. This land is the source, the origin.”

Lore took a deep breathe, his heart beating with anticipation, his mind counseling caution. How many times had he heard such reports only to discover another layer in the Gem’s deception, “The multiverse is a house of mirrors, laden with false hopes and illusions. The curse is powerful, perhaps even sentient. It continually shifts and disguises its nature to preserve its existence. For the greatest time I thought we dwelt in the world you speak, only to discover upon recovering the Shards of Immortality that we were mistaken. Then, only upon recovering more of the shards did we grasp the enormity of our task.”

“Yes Commander, I have walked more worlds then any of the Order. I have seen my share of disappointments but this is not such a day. Upon arriving to this land, I initiated the tests, starting in Felucca and progressing to all the facets. Unlike previous trials each test confirmed this to be the land from which magic and nature stem but that is not everything. In my travels I met…” Carinthian hesitated for the first time, unsure how to proceed. “Well it’s… they were expecting us, Commander.”

“That is to be expected. For years, we sought a means to transverse the shards, and diligently followed any rumor such travel. Always did we seek knowledge into the nature of our world, its connection with its counterparts and a means to break the Gem’s curse. The lands will be similar in many ways and unique in others. The fact that you have met others that share our quest is great news and fills me with hope but it does not prove you are in the right world.”

“No Commander, it’s more then that, there is a hidden kingdom here. A mysterious place founded on the principles of Virtue and Order by the followers of the one called the Seer. It is not for me that they have been waiting, but for their King which prophecy says was lost among the shards, and who has been trying to find his way back home. They wait for the Light in the Darkness, “In Lor Des Sanct”; they wait for you milord.”
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”