Sisters and the Plague

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Willa of the Yew-wood
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Sisters and the Plague

Post by Willa of the Yew-wood » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am

The door to the small room in the Abbey burst open and slammed with a loud bang against the wall. Trilla stood in the doorway, her companion a Nightmare named BlackDeath stood behind her, its red eyes blazing.
“Trilla! What in heaven’s name?” Willa began only to be interrupted by her sister.
Trilla glared at her sister, “Have you not felt it?” she said angrily.
“I have felt something yes. And the Sheppard’s have been complaining about their flocks…” Willa began to reply.
“Willa all the animals are ill and you know it!” Trilla shouted.
“Keep your voice down for heaven’s sake. This is quiet place, it deserves your respect.” Willa remarked calmly. “And yes I’m aware. You don’t suppose it’s the plague coming back do you?” She asked.
“No you know as well as I this is not the same.” Trilla snapped just slightly quieter.
“Trilla really shouting will not help. I’ll speak with Polynikes and see if he knows anything.” Willa replied.
“Polynikes? You still speak to that dolt? He couldn’t even commit his pathetically short life to you and you’d trust him with this?” Trilla snidely retorted.
“Trilla! I’ll not have you speak of him like that. He is a good man.” Willa snapped at her sister angrily. “Get in here and close the door. Give the poor Monks a break from you.”
Trilla obediently entered the room BlackDeath right beside her as she closed the door. “Good man, that’s a load of bull and you know it. Look what he’s done with your son in just the short time he’s been near him. Your son turned into a drunkard! This is what humans do Willa. Why do you think our ancestors left this realm? It was because of the humans. The sooner you see that the better. Why you coddle to that pathetic race I’ll never know.”
“Trilla! That is quite enough! You know it was those pathetic humans who rescued me!” Willa snapped.
“Well it was pathetic humans that took you in the first place! And look what they did to you! And still you help them! Besides which… you know they wanted to replace you while you were healing do you not? And that sorry excuse for a man you married was the first one calling for it. You should have heard what he said…” Trilla snapped back glaringly.
“Trilla! I said enough and I meant it! Our family has risked quite a bit for them unless you’ve forgotten.” Willa replied.
“I have not. It is because of them we are banished!” Trilla snapped. “If it weren’t for them I’d have gone to the elders with this not to you.”
“Trilla! How dare you speak like that to me. Why don’t you make yourself useful and go to Moonglow see what you can research about this affliction? Instead of standing here all self righteous do something. You are not without fault sister.” Willa said as she relaxed her tone.
“You still coddle them. I’ll go to Moonglow, and I’ll speak to the pitiful humans, you know it was likely one of them that did this. That or the Meer, perhaps you should ask them.” Trilla snipped.
“Perhaps. But I will speak to Polynikes.” Willa told her.
“Whatever, you know how I feel about him. He’s done nothing but hurt you. Can you not see that?” Trilla asked in her usual snide tone.
“He has not. He gave me a son whom I very much love. Now go.” Willa said making a shooing motion.
“Whatever you are blind to him and both you and Leif will suffer for that. And no it’s not like the plague the Meer did before. This is different. And it’s only a matter of time before it affects the people here. Likely you and I are just more resilient than most.” Trilla said as she summoned a gate and left with her companion close behind her.
Willa sighed deeply. She hated these meetings with her sister more and more, since her and Poly had divorced Trilla was becoming insufferable. With every opportunity Trilla took stabs at him. Her words stung like whips. Willa looked down at her papers and sighed again. In her frustration with her sister she realized she had ground her quill into her papers leaving a large stain of ink and a broken quill. Willa slowly gathered her things and left the Abbey. She decided to go see the sheep in the pens firsthand and then head to the Armory and Headquarters in search of Polynikes.
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”