Peerless

Where disruptive locked threads go. (Never delete a thread, move it here)

Moderators: Martyna Z'muir, MalagAste, Polynikes Of Yew

Dar
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Peerless

Post by Dar » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:21 pm

I attempted to get some kind of role play going tonight and I was brushed off so that RKV could go do a peerless..call me crazy but wasn't that the big issue you had with the blue Lotus? showing up for five minutes then disappearing. I understand the want for warning when i show up, but when i'm told that you are ready to role play and I show up on a rumor that I was to be arrested for questioning to be told that I am not welcome and I need to leave is a bit confusing to me. after the fact I was told that RKV wanted to do a peerless. so apparently they don't care as much for Role play as I had originally hoped. Brushing role play off for a peerless regardless of if it was planned or not is NOT the way to run a ROLE PLAY guild.
this is not what I thought we did in role play. I thought role play was supposed to come first.
0 x

Maelmordha
Neophyte
Character Age: 33
Guild Affiliation: Royal Knights Of Redemption

Re: Peerless

Post by Maelmordha » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Dar as i mentioned yesterday, while i understand your feelings it does not change the fact we had no prior warning (certainly i didn't ) that you were even coming. Second ,it's pretty damned selfish to expect everyone to drop whatever where ever just so that an RP plot can be put into effect. That is the same kind of thing that led to most of the guilds jumping over to Atlantic. I agree we need to have RP but, i think it also now includes more that just RP to make guilds work. See i have to think that way Dar. While most people are into RP, some aren't and i have to find a balance that way, so that everyone has a good time. I mean hell Dar when you missed all that time because of school and there was no RP polt around your char we made do. The point i am making is that we all have to be flexible to make this work. Not start complaining the minute something goes awry. Things can and do happen Dar. You have to remember. Other than a few hardcore RPers. Most people don't know as much about how it was before and let's face it Dar, it'll never be the same again.That doesn't mean we don't try but, it does mean some things are going to be slightly different. We all got to be more flexible Dar and we're learning yet. Give it time things will calm down some. One last thing quit blowing up icq when your ticked about things or upset. Tired of hearing my people tell me your driving them nuts in icq ok? *smiles*

Maelmordha, Preafectus
RKV -Royal Knights of Virtue
0 x

Dar
Noob

Post by Dar » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:45 pm

"I agree we need to have RP but, i think it also now includes more that just RP to make guilds work. See i have to think that way Dar. While most people are into RP, some aren't and i have to find a balance that way, so that everyone has a good time."

so in other words being a role play guild doesn't require you to role play?
0 x

Malice-CLAN
Master
Guild Affiliation: CLAN

Post by Malice-CLAN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:53 pm

No...the guild DOES require you roleplay. What Mael is saying is that we dont need to roleplay 24/7 round the clock. If we wanna go do a peerless..a champ spawn..doom run..what the fuck ever we wanna do..we can and will..Dur. And we will not just DROP EVERYTHING we had been planning to do because you just show up and expect RP to happen. Doesnt work that way cupcake. Give us a heads up.
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Everyone take a step back and chill. We do need to RP, and we do need to make it a priority - or we really can't be called the RP community anymore.

I know peerless are fun… But how many times a day can you do Lady M without wanting to impale yourself on a pike? Fighting evil = good... yes... But peerless and champs have no story, a poorly crafted backstory; and frankly, WoW does them better. (Blasphemy, I know) If this is a phat lewt craving outlet… eh.. give it a few months. SA will bring the next round of must-have pixel crack and the replicas and deco prices will be slashed.

I know things will never be like they were in GL's heyday, and they might not even return to what they were in '97 (which yes, was better than now). But there needs to be spontaneity in RP, it can't (and won't) be strictly scheduled. I’ve heard enough about Atlantic RP to know that isn't an ideal solution. Yes, some things will be scheduled - but leeway must still occur within that schedule for surprise. :o

Dar has created an enemy guild - which we have been sorely lacking for 5 months. We still have yet to determine what the hell is going on with him and any lackeys lurking about in the shadows. Shouldn't we do that? From an RP perspective, that should be a priority… Undead nasties bent on immortality generally aren’t something to be ignored. From a PvP perspective, aren’t you all a teensy bit bored of sparring? (Aside from trainings, I mean.)

RP has been sparse lately, too sparse IMHO. The Martyna rescue I would have to say was lackluster. The actual participation, apart from the killing of the pesky reptiles, was minimal. I was sad… :|

At the moment, there is an HC meeting scheduled for Monday. Not that we will have much to talk about at this point (No, not pointing fingers!). I know there has been some…uh… weirdness with allied members, and we shall see what that brings in the future.

But we’re here to RP… So shall we?
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Malice-CLAN
Master

Post by Malice-CLAN » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:41 am

But peerless and champs have no story, a poorly crafted backstory
So just cuz something doesnt have a good back story we shouldnt do it? I agree that we do need more RP, and I hope it happens. But I do find it a bunch of bullshit you people all get your panties bunched up because oh sorry..we have plans..we are not gonna role play at the moment. And sayin that it CANT...and WONT be role play by appointment, why is that your call how we role play? So what if it is by appointment? At least everyone will be prepared and ready instead of having to drop everything your doing at the moment and be unprepared to RP cuz if ya dont people will whine and bitch.

We are all here to role play..thats why we are in the guilds we are. We enjoy it...however its not the ONLY aspect of the game. We did a peerless last night we havent done before as a guild, and we all had a blast. If thats what we want to do..thats what we WILL do. Until you or Dar or anyone else whining about the level of RP that is happenin at the moment starts paying my monthy fee for UO..I wont be scrappin plans at the drop of a hat just to please a couple of people that complain how no one participates when neither are RARELY around doing anything in game. Have good day guys :Dancing
0 x

Dar
Noob

Post by Dar » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:53 am

you guys keep screaming "plans"..but RP shouldnt be scheduled thats what killed it last time..over planning killed it we had everything planned...when we talked when we had our battles when we would "run into eachother" it got repetitive and boring..that exactly how the children of brit story line went and if thats how you guys want to do the role play then how about you keep it here on the forums like you told them to do and just go ahead and be a PVM guild :Brick Wall
0 x

Malice-CLAN
Master

Post by Malice-CLAN » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 am

:Boohoo
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 am

I believe you guys are slightly confused as to why people went to Atlantic.

Coremon and crew went to Atlantic because of the LACK of RP on GL. They didn't leave GL to go do other things like peerless and shit on other servers.

But I think you all need to listen to DaKaren and take a step back and chill. This is a public forum and you might want to consider what kind of image you are projecting with this thread. It sort of comes off as a "Fuck RP, RKV is a PvE guild that might RP." I don't think that is the image you are trying to project, and as the last significant RP guild on GL, I don't think it's exactly calming the nerves of people who look to you all to set the example.

Just breathe peeps.

~b
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Sturm, that’s the exact attitude that sentenced RP on GL to the limbo its now in.

Doing peerless and champs are fine, but you're shrugging off RP because it’s suddenly inconvenient with the overfull peerless and champ spawn schedule that’s been going on for weeks, well, then welcome to being the new YM. Its exactly how they were accused of behaving...

People complain that there is no RP, yet idly sit on the sidelines when it does happen (scheduled or not) - nor do they bother to create any storylines themselves. Tavern night is the closest thing there has been, and that has fairly quickly turned into sparring more often than not. RP isn’t about ‘being prepared’, if everything needs to be scheduled then we might as well do everything on the forums
I agree that we do need more RP, and I hope it happens.
It’s happened twice now, and both times you have complained about it.

And personally, I’m logged in far more than anyone – most anyone – knows. Nobody bothers to come look, or ask. I don’t sit in Vent constantly because it eventually gives me a headache from all the reverb. And as far as I recall, this website didn’t spring from nothingness – nor has anyone else volunteered their help/time/etc to build it.
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Return to “Post Prison”