Peerless

Where disruptive locked threads go. (Never delete a thread, move it here)

Moderators: Martyna Z'muir, MalagAste, Polynikes Of Yew

Ludwig
Journeyman
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Re: Peerless

Post by Ludwig » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:38 pm

In fairness to all... You *all* suck nOoBs!@!!11eleventy!

I'm going to go out on a limb here.. I don't know the end or beginning of Dar's storyline, but I'm going to guess that the storyline is of the *epic* scale. Epic rp does require a bit of start up/continuation planning and compromise with opposing parties (especially when the storyline is slow going, it needs coordinated enthusiasm). This is not on the level with *spontaneous* rp (at least not always). Spontaneous rp may lead to epic rp, but mostly I've seen it leads to enjoy the evening rp... a one shot gig, so to speak. On the converse.... an epic rp storyline could then lead to spontaneous rp when the enthusiasm has been established.

So stating (as is my humble opinion), the current storyline has been abit on the slow side. Why? I'll leave that up to everyone else. I'm sure there are reasons on eitherside.

As to immediate, RKV reluctance... Yes, we could have gone with it, but it was also handled rp'ly. If "more pressing" business becomes the knights, are they going to piddle with someone who claims to be a dead guy? or continue? RKV can be prideful too, we do have faults.

I will consider all and any concerns.
0 x

Maelmordha
Neophyte
Character Age: 33
Guild Affiliation: Royal Knights Of Redemption

Post by Maelmordha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:39 pm

You know i have read a few of the the posts different people have put up recently regarding RKV and it's role in RP. Let me just say this once so EVERYONE is very clear about this. We do have an interest in what goes in RP but, i think certainly those who have in RP for awhile now will think that RP as a whole was fantastic when all the other GLRP guilds were here. If it was so great why did they leave. Basil you say it was because of the lack of RP. No offense but, that is pure horse shit. That fact is that what RP WAS here wasn't going anywhere. Period. It had become stale through lack of participation and only a few people and thier ego's controling what RP stories there were, while at the same time bitching that no one else EVER tried to write a story or help. That was a crock then and it is a crock now. So get off the soapbox player. No room for holier than thou bullshit here. I won't even listen to it. Furthermore if Dar is so all fired concerned about RP then why does he only put in time when it works for him.
Tell you straight , WE DO CARE very much but, we also gotta' start realizing that things ARE NOT like they use to be (thank the gods). It is going to take TIME to restore it and frankly i doubt it will EVER be what is was before. I personally think that is a good thing. That being said i agree with Dak that need to make RP a priority. Beyond that we also need to make gaming fun for EVERYONE.Not just those who want to RP only make themselves the center of what RP that is written .Don't get me wrong i agree with Ludwig. It is a great story and properly handled can turn into some great RP . Not just now but, in the future. Sorry to sound off like this but, Dar you took this whole thing way too far. That cannot happenn in the future if you want there to be an RP future that involves RKV.
0 x

Maverick
Noob

Post by Maverick » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Okay. Here it goes. :Shhh I did not really want to do this but something tells me that I need to. Some of you may not know but I am Davis as well as Maverick. Which Davis is with Dar. This Thread is making no sense at all and should not even continue after this post. It is seriously no way that an RP community should be ran. You may think I know not what I am speaking of but, (Shock to all, except Ludwig) I have been RPing for a little while now and have held fairly high positions in the RP Communities as well. I am here to tell everyone that personally if you want to be in an RP guild then please at least act like it. I am so tired of everyone scheduling around the RPing without RPing itself. Yes we have alot of fun with some of the stuff we do. But I too agree with Dakaren. You can not schedule around RPing if you are going to be an RP guild then you need to act like an RP guild. You know even when you are doing the Peerless and Champ Spawns, you can sit there and RP while doing so....You never know, it may turn some people that have been curious about RPing more curious which would bring them into our community as well.

This stuff of doing the Peerless and Champ Spawns and not RPing while doing it should not happen. I know that when these event's are done with RKV and others in the RP community this is not getting done, which is why we can not get more people involved into RPing. Now we can still do these events that are (Planned) but we also need to remember what we are here doing as well. I got in with the RPing here on GL cause I was told it was dieing out and was hoping that I could have a hand in bringing it back. But no one seems to want to listen to anything a (Zealot) has to say about it. So I am leaving this post to let everyone know that the shit needs to cool down and everyone needs to relax. Remember we are all here to have fun and play. (We all pay to play) But if you are in an RP community then you must act like it. RPing that I remember never had to be posted on the boards in order for it to happen. If it happens then it happens, does not matter what time of the day or night it is.

:Talk to the hand! So please I ask that everyone take what I have said here seriously cause reguardless of what has happened in the past, we can build from it in the future. Which means that if you want to keep the RP community going here on GL then EVERYONE needs to remain in RP mode constantly. Remember the only ones that get hurt from this not happening is the ones that are not doing it. We will never grow as an RP community if these actions keep up. I have read through a few of these Threads on here and have noticed that everyone has their say more or less. Well now I have had my say on this matter......I am Sick and Tired of all the bickering and argueing over when RPing should take place. And can not sit here no longer and keep my mouth shut. Again I hope that everyone who reads this takes it seriously and considers what has been said here cause we are all friends. And these boards are for people to speak about issues so that is what I am doing. In leaving I will say that I do enjoy playing in this community with everyone involved and hope that we can straighten up the RP community, to start building it back up instead of tearing it completely down.

Maverick
Zealot, RKV
Davis
White Listener, -BR-
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Post by MalagAste » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Ok....... I'm going to have to finally put my 2 cents in here.....

First off while I didn't start in RP as long ago as DaKaren or Basil, I'll say this.... I've been RPing or involved in the RP community and working to promote RP actively for more time than the lot of you.... I've put myself on the line more often than not..... I've gone out of my way to create, promote and get RP going, keep it going and keep it in the spotlight.... Not only in our own community but on other shards, on numerous boards and forums.....

So .... that being said..... I'll tell you a few things I "know".... First off..... attitudes of the community trickle down from the top.... If the guild leader refuses to work with other guilds or treats others like fools then it's no surprise when the other members of that guild act accordingly..... which in turn fuels more fire and eventually not only burns a few bridges but it also tears down relationships and makes the community fragmented....

Another thing..... Communication and respect are KEY to a community.... If you don't communicate your needs, wants and desires..... then don't expect the rest of the community to mind read.... cause it's not gonna happen....

Again on communication Guild Leaders are the KEY.... They need to communicate... You know if you don't want to announce your "invading" or rolling into enemy territory hey that's fine...... just don't expect things to go how you "envisioned" them to..... It's ok to tell the GM of the other guild and that GM doesn't have to tell their guild members..... but they can at least be sure to be prepared to hang around and RP and they can govern their members accordingly....

And NO not all RP needs to be announced.... nor does it need to be spelled out, drawn out or otherwise flaunted..... but it sure helps if you post a few good stories to "catch" the interest of others.... Also.... sure doesn't hurt to be around doing things....

Another MAJOR stumbling block ....... People need to read the boards.... not just the jokes not just skim over whatever they need to actively read the boards.... otherwise it's kinda hard to "know" what's going on....

And beyond ANYTHING else...... folk need to be active and stay active...

One of the HUGE things that was "wrong" before was that 3 or 4 people knew what was going on ...... but at any one time only 1 or 2 of them was ever around...... and then to top that off..... they never told those who were around and active what was going on or coming up..... so they just expected folk to be following some clue that was only privy to a very few.... well that kinda leads nowhere pretty fast.... so then folk get frustrated..... Then 2 of the 4 who started it..... vanish.... without a trace for 3 months and expect to come back and just pick right back up where they left off when by then no one remembers what was going on and they've forgotten ..... either that or they are so sick and tired of going back over the same thing only to have it go nowhere again and again and again..... till everyone is bored stiff.....

And finally.... some people try to smother others with their RP and then make things so oppressively one sided that the rest of the community becomes frustrated and resentful of interacting with said folk.....

Now you can argue with me if you want to ........ but that really isn't very productive to the "cause"......

What I will say is this..... if you want things to happen ..... especially in early stages when like someone else said you really need to be working on the storyline..... Kinda like fishing....... You need to wait patiently for the fish to bite before trying to reel them in..... otherwise you may end up just losing a whole lot of bait..... or just sitting there drowning worms....
0 x

Ludwig
Journeyman
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Post by Ludwig » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm

And my post had nothing to do with previous rp, I could care less! I was associated with GL rp seven yrs ago, but that is worth a three foot pile of poopy today.

I don't care what rp was like before, I only care what rp is like today. I don't fault Dar at all for coming up with an rp story, but it is less than enthusiastic to all, for now.... but! It can happen, as I stated before, it will require a little push to get the ball rolling again. Does that mean planning the first few moves? Yes!

I've been back in RKV for the past six months now? I honestly don't know the full story of Dar. So it's difficult for me to get into it. I don't know Dar before, I know Dar when arrested and then death at trial... Suddenly he shows up again? Give us a chance to work with the idea...

My faults as an rp'er on GL.. limitless! I can only say, I began simple, events within the guild.... I've held a pilgrimage to the shrine of Spirituality, and lead an RP class at the castle... yes, small potatos... Otherwise, I've just supported and participated in guild events for the sake of supporting and participating in guild events. I know... I'm a slacker...

/ya'll win, we all lose...
//Yes Regis, that is my final answer.
0 x

Maelmordha
Neophyte
Character Age: 33
Guild Affiliation: Royal Knights Of Redemption

Post by Maelmordha » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Ok enough is too much. Maverick makes a good point.Thank you EVERYONE for the posts (agree or disagree) but, we need to let the matter rest. Dak i can give you my promise i will do my very best to be more actively involved in the stories. Dar i say again i agree with Willa and Ludwig, this has a chance to be a really great story. We will get the kinks ironed out for sure but, we really need to "paln" some of the early stages so we can have a foundation to go from. Again most fo the RKV members (myself for sure) while we RP really aren't hard core. Do we need to be? YES! absoulutly. Give it time Dar.I think EVERYONE jumped the gun and started pointing fingers (myself included again) Dak was right, that right there did in RP on GL. The bickering. Well, i will say this, it will not happen anymore from our side. My promise. Since everyone in RKV has had thier say and made thier posts I EXPECT TO SEE NO MORE POSTS regarding this subject from anyone in RKV. The bickering stops here and now. I consider the matter closed. :Silenced Let's let's try to give an extra bit of effort in the RP area guys. We will find out how much fun is really can be. I will personally make more of an effort to actually READ the stories so as a i GM KNOW what's going. That has been MY fault and it is my responsibility. Things will be different in the future.

Mael
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Glad everyone is singing kumbaya now.

Little too late for me though as I transferred all my shit to Atlantic last night. This thread was the clincher. I just don't have it in me anymore for these 'its your fault!/no, its your fault!' threads, especially when the community numbers less than 20 people. I don't have it in me (much less the time) to try and rebuild a community when half the people question if it can even be rebuilt and the other half seem not to care what happens. Some of us just want to to login, play, and have an enjoyable roleplay experience minus the heavy lifting of trying to force people to get involved. I mean really, when the leader says mount up to ride off to Destard and half the people are still there standing motionless cause they've been afk the whole time, its depressing. You don't have to be a hero or a genius to interact. Merely saying "This crazy fucking rat is wasting our time" when it looks up at you would be enough rp to satisfy me at least.

I've left about 80-100 million (given fluctuation in value) in items with DaKaren that he can use for helping build rp storylines, rp houses, or rp rewards. The other half I've taken with me to help those on who've chosen to go to Atlantic.

I've left Max on GL, so I may pop in time to time, but the majority of my time will be on Atlantic. I wish you guys the best of luck!
0 x

Oona Abhail
Citizen

Post by Oona Abhail » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:48 pm

:Applause

Wow....

wait i think this is better.. :Boohoo :Boohoo :Boohoo :Boohoo

Remind you of the Band on the deck of the titantic?

Everyday another soul from GL seems to wash up on the shores
DaKaren its good in the ATL... Put Basil's gold to good use.
0 x

Malice-CLAN
Master
Guild Affiliation: CLAN

Post by Malice-CLAN » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:50 pm

This is the Great Lakes forum sweet heart. Go find the Atlantic one :Dancing
0 x

Return to “Post Prison”