Prayers, Potions and Polynikes

Yew is the city of Justice nestled in the Deep Forest on the northwestern portion of the continent.

Moderators: Polynikes Of Yew, Willa of the Yew-wood

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Prayers, Potions and Polynikes

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:59 am

For many days, I have studied and pondered the tomes of my ancestors. I combed through my own notes from years of practicing alchemy and spell crafting. Praying and fasting as I searched for a cure for the Grand Marshal.

Polynikes served as Grand Marshal during my tenure as Chancellor of the High Council. He has been a trusted advisor, protector willing to lay his life down to save mine, and a trusted friend. The weight of the situation is heavy on my mind, it invades my thoughts as I work the urgency and fear that I won’t be strong enough. I cannot dwell on those thoughts, they will prevent my progress.

A group of volunteers aided in the gathering of the supplies necessary to create the potion, my grandparents left me many great bits of wisdom about the plant and animal life of the realm. Which creature’s poisons behaved how, discerning the bits and pieces of plant or animal offer the most beneficial properties. They spent many years also honing the alchemical arts, trying to heal those of our clan/coven and its neighbors.

Finally the day has arrived; I have done all I can to prepare for this. It is time. Travel to Yew is risky business right now, and this evening was no different. The group of us set upon the course of healing the Grand Marshal and patrols are split to tend to incursions by Rodrick into Yew again. While the other keep him at bay, John stands guard and I begin my work.

Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath and
Fire my spirit
I come to you Goddess a believer in the elements of life, believer in the wonders
of our earthen mother who provides for all our physical needs.

Walker of the faith and follower of the path of life; I light this fire to awaken the spirit, empower us with that which provides the ultimate source of healing and strength.
I pour this water its movement symbolizing the flow of our life’s blood. Remembering it is a gift from thee.
I wave this fan, the disturbance allows us to feel that which we cannot see but must have to thrive, the air which fills our lungs.
I invite thee higher powers, beings of truth, courage and love into our circle. Guide our prayers and thoughts set our path toward virtue’s light, protect us from all that seeks to destroy.

Before you Goddess lies a man who has devoted his life to the warriors code that the innocent must be protected, that the strong must defend the weak and his life has been spent in that service.

Good must always be balanced with evil, life with death we understand that it is not our will which must prevail. We ask the divine powers to grant us the benefit of your healing grace. Bless this elixir that is may bind with the poison cleansing him of its ill effects.
With one common purpose we call upon those grander than we
Bring him the gift of greater healing “In Vas Mani”
Gift to him a divine cure “Vas An Nox”

Bring him the gift of greater healing “In Vas Mani”
Gift to him a divine cure “Vas An Nox”

With assistance the Grand Marshal consumes the elixir. John and I exchange thoughts and concerns about whether this will be a success. In the end only time will tell. I leave with a few words to have Leif follow up with his father and contact me with any news. We returned home to a welcomed rest.
0 x

Return to “Yew, City of Justice”