Minoc's History

Minoc is the city of Sacrifice located at the foot of the Crescent Mountains in the north of the main continent.

Moderator: Tanda Knighthawke

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Minoc's History

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Once upon a time, there was a City in Britannia, which was Governed by Nobles and a Thane.
Minoc the City of Sacrifice, was for many years ruled under King Bruce, that power was bestowed upon or to the Thane.
There was a Magistrate and The Church, they were sworn to uphold the laws of Britain and Lord British.
The Highland Guard was the Military support of Minoc, founded by Knights of the Emerald Tartan and Maera Graycloak. The Thane's law was often harsh, and it was final. It frowned upon Magic and spellcasters, hunting in the Thane's lands were forbidden to all but Nobility.

When The Highland Guard was decommissioned and General Jakob Covenant Marquis of Minoc retired and left the realm. A court case was put forth to free Minoc from the requirement to be Governed by Nobility. (In 464)

I became Governor of Minoc when the offices were created by King Blackthorn. Minoc holds to the Virtue of Sacrifice. It is my vision to see Minoc return to what it once was a beacon of hope to those who need a purpose and place. The shores of Lost Hope Bay, welcoming to all races, creeds and genders so long as they abide by the law and seek to serve the greater good of community.

"A knight is sworn to Valor. His Heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the weak. His word speaks only Truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."
A Motto I feel is very fitting of Sacrifice, to give of oneself in a spirit of love. It is every Minocian's duty to temper this motto which can lead to zealousness and vengeance.

As Governor, it has been my ongoing mission to expand the diversity of the population of Minoc, helping to teach tolerance and learning that cultural differences, differences in personal appearance are not sufficient reason to exclude. So long as a being wishes to abide by the law, do no harm, serve the greater good that is my primary yardstick. If you feel you would be a good fit I'd welcome you to come visit our fair city.
0 x

Return to “Minoc, City of Sacrifice”