UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 248
Character Alignment: Chaotic Good
Guild Affiliation: City-State of Britain
Guild Abbreviation: Brit

Re: Do people still RP here?

Post by Dot Warner » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Hello,

Indeed they do, it just happens more in-game than on the boards. On Great Lakes you can usually find people on between 6pm and 9pm central, give or take an hour either way.
0 x

omera51
Noob
Character Age: 0

Post by omera51 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:01 pm

I am rejoining UO on a trial. I'm open to any and all guilds that actively RP looking for a warrior tamer (once I get advanced char token)

ICQ 439266069
0 x

Thorak
Noob

Post by Thorak » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Greetings,

Looking at coming back as well and would very much like to get involved in the rp community. I had started to get involved in the community on ATL before RL took over and had to close my account.

With that being said, where is the best place to get involved and meet the community? How many active RP factions or clans do we have?

Looking forward to meeting you all very soon
0 x

Thorak
Noob

Post by Thorak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:41 am

Ok so I guess no one plays on GL anymore.
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Post by Lord DaKaren » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:27 am

There is still RP on GL, we just *coughs* don't check our own forums often enough... :oops: ICQ, Vent and alliance chat are the main methods of communication these days, which means things can unfortunately be a bit opaque to new people.

You can find people every Tuesday at the EM event, which almost always start in Britain - either at the EM Hall (which is the northern Counselor's Hall, directly SW of Castle Blackthorn) or at the Warrior's Guild directly south of Castle Britannia. These events are designed to appeal to a mass audience and sadly not everyone there RPs.

You can also find pure RP every other Monday night at the High Council of Britannia in Compassion Grove. It is a good way of learning what's going on in the realm and meeting a good number of players. Since its a meeting, it can be a tad dry, however.

I'd suggest stopping by the Nameless Rune Library directly south of the Yew moongate (the western building in the side-by-side Library Complex) and perusing the runes in the white armoire on the first floor - look for the Jerred Ghyss Civic Center (this is where the High Council meets.)

There are other scheduled events as well, all of which can be found on the calendar, available from the main GL page - http://gl.uorpc.net

As far as "factions" go, things aren't what they used to be. All the good guilds are allied (called the Britannian Armed Forces, or BAF) and essentially function as a metaguild, though the individual guilds still have their own focus and leader(s).

There are evil guilds as well, and they are allied, but they tend to have drastically different motivations and aren't particularly apt to assist each other in the long run. They are warred to the BAF, so there are opportunities for RPvP, though that is by no means mandatory. (It is also strictly governed by an RoE)

Which would be best for you really depends on your personal tastes.
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Post by MalagAste » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:47 am

You might want to check the thread right above this one and try to reach out to folk in ICQ. It's a very good method of reaching RPers..... as well if you shout out in Gen Chat on GLs more often than not someone I know WILL let me know in ICQ that you are looking for me... same with many of the other role-players. Though you may get a few bad seeds trying to be jerks for the most part many folk in GL Gen Chat are pretty decent and will steer you in the right direction.
0 x

Return to “General GL Chat”