Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/05/18

Communications with the High Council of Britannia.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the High Council Meeting on 2/05/18

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Log of the 520th Session of the High Council of Britannia.

DaKaren: Welcome to the 520th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: The leader of the Shifting Sands Gang, Iris Norton, managed to elude capture last week after disrupting the annual Brialla's Walk.
Qualark Ventes: *holds up a bottle of booze*
DaKaren: Norton is wanted for murder, attempted murder, blackmail and fraud.
DaKaren: Commander Kincade has ordered a manhunt to bring her to justice and secure the Great Northern Road.
DaKaren: Please heed her call.
DaKaren: During the last Council session, Qu'ellar d'Viaxus made a petition for the revocation of their status as an Enemy of State.
Qualark Ventes: *hic*
DaKaren: The Defense Committee met last week to consider the implications of the request...
DaKaren: Chairperson Warner?
Qualark Ventes: *hic*
Dot Warner: *mumbles: "So formal..."
Dot Warner: The Committee has decided that until such time as the Council adopts a formal procedure to rescind EoS status, we must defer the petition.
Dot Warner: However, an amendment to Article XXI is in the works thanks to Lord Knighthawke.
Dot Warner: Grand Marshal Hla'ate shall address the QdV's petition as far as admittance to the B.A.F. is concerned.
DaKaren: Thank you, Chairperson Warner.
Dot Warner: *sighs quietly*
DaKaren: Grand Marshal Hla'ate, would you address the Council on military matters in the Kingdom?
Malag aste: So still have concerns regarding the QdV... As they are still Enemies of the State that does complicate things.
Malag aste: Hopefully this issue can be resolved however I'm rather reluctant to roll out the red carpet as it were.
Malag aste: I'm sure this is being addressed by the Security Council and all.
Malag aste: Whatever the Council decides regarding the issue.
DaKaren: Defense Committee
Malag aste: Right.
Malag aste: At this time however they can not join the BAF given their status.
Malag aste: Once that issue is resolved... I guess we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.
Malag aste: There are a number of concerns right now... including the Shifting Sands... which haven't been resolved either.
Malag aste: I expect folk to show up for BAF training again one week from today...
Malag aste: We'll again meet at the Yew Moongate at 8pm under the central stars.
Qualark Ventes: *nods*
Malag aste: That's all I have.
DaKaren: Thank you, Grand Marshal.
DaKaren: Councilor Knighthawke, does the city of Minoc have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Tanda: Minoc is fairing well
Tanda: trades are steady
Tanda: the Walk ended at the Barnacle as usual
Tanda: it was nice to see everyone in town
Tanda: We stand ready to assist Governor Warner with the bank robbery whenever necessary
Tanda: That's all I have Chancellor
John: *twirls sword*
Dot Warner: *smiles*
DaKaren: Thank you, Councilor.
DaKaren: Councilor Warner, does the City of Britain have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Dot Warner: Last week's Fifth Annual Trans-Britannia Derby was a successful evening.
Dot Warner: Stilgar won First Place and a *shudders* rainbow unicorn.
Dot Warner: Bandit took Second Place, with Crazy Canuck coming in Third Place.
Dot Warner: I'd like to thank Governor Farrah for a generous donation to increase the second and third place purses. *smiles*
Farrah: *nods*
Dot Warner: Unfortunately, an unknown group of brigands used the distraction of the derby to rob the First Bank of Britain.
Dot Warner: They absconded with the recently restored Gold Tome of the Virtues.
Dot Warner: It should be notes that this tome was authored by a powerful being of extra-planar origin and is believed to possess significant magicks.
Dot Warner: Based on the rather chaotic history surrounding the tome, it's thought that it could be used to summon the Gold One...or corrupted and used to summon the Black One.
Qualark Ventes: That would be bad for business.
Qualark Ventes: *frown*
Dot Warner: Quite frankly, after the Titans, we don't really need any more "gods" meddling in our affairs.
Dot Warner: I remember the last time those dragons set foot in Sosaria. War followed.
Dot Warner: The Britain City Guard have uncovered a few promising leads, which shall be investigated thoroughly. I will keep you appraised of the progress.
Dot Warner: That is all, thank you.
DaKaren: Councilor Farrah, does the City of Skara Brae have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Farrah: Skara Brae is currently working with Trinsic on the upcoming Easter egg hunt.
Farrah: Planning is well under way, and I hope to share more details soon.
Goldie: ooh bunnies
Farrah: Otherwise all is as it should be with Skara Brae.
Farrah: I have no other news to report.
DaKaren: *nods*
DaKaren: Councilor Goldie, does the city of New Magincia have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Goldie: Thank you Chancellor
Goldie: I want to start by apologizing for missing my sister city events in Moonglow and Britain
Goldie: Magincia has been very quiet. I do have some citizens looking forward to the net toss at the
Dot Warner: *comically shakes fist*
Goldie: Felucca Docks in New Magincia
Goldie: still working on coordinating the date
Goldie: But those folks do not mind the short-term notice
Goldie: It will be either a Saturday of Sunday
Goldie: That is all for now.
DaKaren: Councilor Ventes, does the city of Vesper have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Qualark Ventes: Nothing new, really, no. I held a city meeting last week to get feedback from citizens.
Qualark Ventes: The trade deal we currently have shall stand.
Qualark Ventes: The city's people have expressed an interest in anonymity, and I am looking into solutions.
Qualark Ventes: Perhaps a desire for security and privacy in trade deals or exchanges.
Qualark Ventes: I will not pry. Profits are profits.
Qualark Ventes: That was all, Chancellor.
DaKaren: *nods*
DaKaren: Minister Todie, do you have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Earlhad Todie: All right
Earlhad Todie: There is not much going on that has been discussed around me.
Earlhad Todie: The trade deals have dwindled to a near stand still
Earlhad Todie: Looking forward to witnessing Commerce improve in Vesper.
Qualark Ventes: *nods at Earlhad*
Earlhad Todie: Again, not much to report on this week.
Earlhad Todie: Thank you again
DaKaren: Thank you, Minister.
DaKaren: Chief Justicar Blazefire, does the High Court have anything to bring before the Council this eve?
Nevahs Blazefire: Thank you, Chancellor. We are currently going over the High Court Charter and working on bringing it up do date
Nevahs Blazefire: and in line with the current High Council Charter.
Nevahs Blazefire: We also have a High Justicar position to fill.
Nevahs Blazefire: And I was curious if anyone has heard from High Justicar Locke?
DaKaren: Sadly, no.
Nevahs Blazefire: *nods* Thank you. That is all, Chancellor.
DaKaren: Thank you, Chief Justicar.
DaKaren: Do any of the citizenry have anything to bring before the High Council this eve?
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods*
Dr Jerred DeSule: *raises hand*
DaKaren: Advocate?
Dr Jerred DeSule: I have already left a comment on the ethereal tomes, but I'll restate it here.
Dr Jerred DeSule: In regards to the proposed amendment - I would like to add that each time a new
Dr Jerred DeSule: constitution is ratified, so should any Enemy of State.
Dr Jerred DeSule: It is a legal document, binding to the populace.
Dr Jerred DeSule: All individuals and groups' status should be reconsidered under the new legal agreement.
Dr Jerred DeSule: That was all.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods*
DaKaren: That makes sense.
DaKaren: Thank you, Advocate.
DaKaren: Anyone else?
DaKaren: Nay? Very well...
DaKaren: I hereby adjourn the 520th session of the High Council of Britannia.
DaKaren: Go with the Virtues.
0 x

Return to “High Council Open Forum”